+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hey guys i want to ask u smthing i live in uk for sm year n now i m in india n has applied for spouse visa. do they do cr check also ?

Frandy

Jun 22, 2011
I'm going up to London tomorrow to hand in my passport since I got a request by email yesterday. I can only assume that this means that a decision has been made and my permanent residency visa will be issued when I return in 10 days. Has anyone here been to the PHEP processing unit in London before? It's only open between 2 & 3pm tomorrow. Are there big queues? I am coming from an hour and a half away so I need to plan my journey.

Also, it doesn't mention anything anywhere on the letter, but do you get searched going in? I had a friend who went to the US embassy and she wasn't allowed to have a mobile phone on her or anything. Hopefully nothing like that applies here?

For anyone interested in my timeline:

Application made: Feb 2011
Spouse confirmed as sponsor: end of March 2011
Application received in London 20 April 2011
Email from immigration re passport request (PPR) 22 June 2011
Interview - waived?
ECAS still shows nothing other than application received and medical results received!

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
I got there around 1:20pm and there were about 20 people in the line in front of me. They started letting people in at or before 2pm. I waited until around 2:20pm before I went through the door. I'm pretty sure even if you arrived at 2pm you would still get your documents handed in.

You don't go through any security - it's a counter service dealt with outside their metal detectors & xrays. Security appeared fine with my mum taking a documentary photo of me inside the building as I turned around with passport in hand, they even chuckled to themselves. Bringing your mobile in will not be a problem.

CJM

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
Our file will, we hope, shortly be transferred to London. The Doctor who performed the medical said to contact him to ensure he sends the meds. Should we arrange for the Doctor to send the meds to London before our file arrives there or wait until they request them? Just trying to speed the process along!
Thanks.

Frandy

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks IndividualLikeEveryoneEls. I was planning on getting up there about the same time you did, so that sounds fine. Congratulations on your landing, enjoy!

preet.1383

Jun 23, 2011
hey guys i m applying for spouse visa n my vo is london. i got a loan unpaid will; tht b a problem in visa during my background check?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
preet.1383 said:
hey guys i m applying for spouse visa n my vo is london. i got a loan unpaid will; tht b a problem in visa during my background check?
Hi Preet.

If this is on your Police clearance in UK then that could be a problem and they can reject the case otherwise you should be fine. Credit agencies in UK sometimes obtain court orders to check if you have any property on your name so that they cab sell and recover their money, So if i were you i will obtain Police certificate first from UK then apply...

Hope this help.

Naz

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi

No update still they received my passport on Monday this week. I am waiting for any change on ecas but its still "in progress".

Naz

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
CJM said:
Our file will, we hope, shortly be transferred to London. The Doctor who performed the medical said to contact him to ensure he sends the meds. Should we arrange for the Doctor to send the meds to London before our file arrives there or wait until they request them? Just trying to speed the process along!
Thanks.
The doctor that my husband went to in London forwarded the medical directly to the London VO after my husbands medical check. Shortly after eCas confirmed they received our application from Mississauga, the next confirmation that followed was that they too were in receipt of my husbands medical as well.

preet.1383

Jun 23, 2011
mate i havent paid it frm last 1 year n bank forwarded it to a collection agency i never paid to them 2 i dont have anything property on my name here.....i m worried it will become problem while background check bcoz i have seen a msg tht london vo asked a person n his wife(she was sponser n was in canada) to give them cr check report.....dont know why there might b some problem.....n if we talk abt pcc i got a clean pcc but tht is diff n security n backgroung checks r diff then tht. now i m worried abt mine....hey guys plz give me ur advice will tht b a problem

nazam80 said:
Hi Preet.

If this is on your Police clearance in UK then that could be a problem and they can reject the case otherwise you should be fine. Credit agencies in UK sometimes obtain court orders to check if you have any property on your name so that they cab sell and recover their money, So if i were you i will obtain Police certificate first from UK then apply...

Hope this help.

Naz

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preet.1383 said:
mate i havent paid it frm last 1 year n bank forwarded it to a collection agency i never paid to them 2 i dont have anything property on my name here.....i m worried it will become problem while background check bcoz i have seen a msg tht london vo asked a person n his wife(she was sponser n was in canada) to give them cr check report.....dont know why there might b some problem.....n if we talk abt pcc i got a clean pcc but tht is diff n security n backgroung checks r diff then tht. now i m worried abt mine....hey guys plz give me ur advice will tht b a problem
Credit checks are not usually required for family class apps. Also, unpaid debt is a civil matter in the UK and will not show up on your Police cert unless it was criminally fraudulent. Credit agencies do not usually obtain court orders, creditors can obtain CCJ's which is where a court orders you to pay. These are enforceable in Canada under a bilateral treaty. Either way, the op should sort something out because you do not want to be in Canada earning CAD and being pursued for a GBP debt.

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
Update on ecas shows application received at Visa Office on 17 June, medical results also received!

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
hheather_hh said:
Update on ecas shows application received at Visa Office on 17 June, medical results also received!
We got the exact same update today! lol :D