+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
nazam80 said:
Hi
I have sent them the passport on Thursday which will reach on MONDAY 20th however ECAS is still "In Progress". they asked for passport and police certificate on last week. Now this time is very difficult as i dont know weather they will endorse my passport with visa or not.

Does anyone on this forum have this experience that they have asked for passport and police certificate without ECAS changing status and without telling that its approved?

Naz
Hi can someone plz reply for my question?

Thanx

Naz

headcrusher

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My partner received his PPR recently and we are getting ready to send it to London, but was wondering whether the postage of the self-addressed envelope we need to include has to be pre-paid? It doesn't mention that in the letter but I have read other user's posts and they say otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has any idea? Thanks!

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
samba18 said:
It's seems ages since I sent it away last October! But Just got my PPR!

Thanks for all the advice/help/support!

Hope those waiting get, theirs soon!
Yeahhhh!!! Congratulations...nightmare is finally over for you!!! Good luck with your new life in Canada!!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone,

I want to share this with everyone:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Hope this will help many like me who have been waiting for that long for so called security checks:

Naz

nadzonline

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/01/2011
AOR Received.
13/04/2011
File Transfer...
07/04/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/08/2011
LANDED..........
19/08/2011
nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to share this with everyone:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Hope this will help many like me who have been waiting for that long for so called security checks:

Naz
Hi Naz Can you tell me how long did CHC London take to start processing your application after they received it. My application was received at CHC london on April 13th and they have started processing it just now on 17th of june, mine took longer at mississauga as well as it was received on 24th of January and was approved on 7th of April.

AndrewInUK

Jun 1, 2011
Hi again,
I have a question about filling in the forms.

To remind you of my situation:
I am a Canadian citizen with a current Canadian passport. My wife is British. We married here in 2007. We have two young children, both ours. We are currently living in the UK. We wish to move to Canada.

There are two sections where they ask about *dependant* children:
1) Form IMM 0008 Application for Permanent Residence (Page 2, "Details of Family Members");
2) Form IMM 1344A Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (Section C-3, "Accompanying Dependent Children") .
3) And then the additional form IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

They are both my children, and as such are Canadian Citizens. (Yet, as they are ages 1 and 3, still entirely dependant on us!).

So do we need to enter their details in all 3 sections above? Or only on form IMM 5406?

If the latter, is 5406 the only place I need to enter them?

Thanks!
Andrew

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndrewInUK said:
Hi again,
I have a question about filling in the forms.

To remind you of my situation:
I am a Canadian citizen with a current Canadian passport. My wife is British. We married here in 2007. We have two young children, both ours. We are currently living in the UK. We wish to move to Canada.

There are two sections where they ask about *dependant* children:
1) Form IMM 0008 Application for Permanent Residence (Page 2, "Details of Family Members");
2) Form IMM 1344A Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (Section C-3, "Accompanying Dependent Children") .
3) And then the additional form IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

They are both my children, and as such are Canadian Citizens. (Yet, as they are ages 1 and 3, still entirely dependant on us!).

So do we need to enter their details in all 3 sections above? Or only on form IMM 5406?

If the latter, is 5406 the only place I need to enter them?

Thanks!
Andrew
If they have a Canadian parent then as such they should be citizens and not need sponsoring. Have you checked out the cic website for how things work with children? I'm sure someone like rjessome will answer and point you in the right direction....

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi,

check the following links that might be useful to someone:

1. FSW-PR Application Process: -All about the 'Fast Track' processing system...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36571.0.html

2. Background Checks: -Information on B/ground & Security Checks...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

3. BF'D, what is it: - The Bring Forward Date & its connotations explained...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39705.0.html

4. Can we Land Anywhere: -Which POE to choose for 'landing'? Can it be different...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html

5. Where to land for Jobs: -Which Canadian city 'might' be better for a Newcomer...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html

6. Jobs, How to Succeed: -As a newcomer, what to expect & what are the prospects...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

7. Engineers, How to Succeed: -A newcomer Engineer's path to progress in Canada...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37451.0.html

8. Doctors, How to Succeed: -A newcomer Doctor's path to progress in Canada...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37491.0.html

9. Landing, Explained: -While landing for the 1st time, what to expect & to do...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

10. Landing Funds, Proof: -My perspective on 'landing' POF...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html

11. Bank A/c from Dubai: -Opening a Canadian bank account from our homeland...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

12. Driving License, how to get: -How to use our overseas driving experience for a Canadian D/L...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html

13. Canadian Healthcare System: -How good is the Medical facilities & what to expect...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37039.0.html

14. Temp. Health Insurance: -Should we obtain a Health Insurance before 'landing'...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39920.0.html

Where to Land in Canada [POE]
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/recent-unread-topics/-t35499.0.html;topicseen

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
headcrusher said:
My partner received his PPR recently and we are getting ready to send it to London, but was wondering whether the postage of the self-addressed envelope we need to include has to be pre-paid? It doesn't mention that in the letter but I have read other user's posts and they say otherwise. Just wondering if anyone has any idea? Thanks!
You don't need to include postage on the envelope. In the email I received from London office, it clearly said do not put postage on the return envelope, and do not use a courier envelope.
Just an A4 or larger self addressed envelope. (This info was on the 4th page of the email doc).

Hope that helps and congrats on the PPR! You're almost there!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
pinklady said:
You don't need to include postage on the envelope. In the email I received from London office, it clearly said do not put postage on the return envelope, and do not use a courier envelope.
Just an A4 or larger self addressed envelope. (This info was on the 4th page of the email doc).

Hope that helps and congrats on the PPR! You're almost there!
Hi

I ve sent the courier envelope. They did not ask anything for return envelope.

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Ok, Well I guess you got a different letter than me then.

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
rrv said:
Hi all,

My husband (sponsor) can't remember some of his previous addresses (Q8, Form IMM5540 E) & the dates of residence.

Will city, country & dates suffice? And can his Office/Employment/University address replace residential address?

Thanks for ur help!
Nor could I! I just put city & dates and said "cannot recall actual address". I think you are more likely to get queried if you put an alternative
"non-residential" address.

I should add that I am talking about 30 years ago. If more recent I suggest he remember!

epcortek

Jul 2, 2010
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-26-2011
File Transfer...
05-24-2011
this is my tenth post. ) now i can put a photo in my message. )