+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi pinklady

Yes I ve sent them reasons why I can't come for the interview n also the updated background declaration n addition family information forms that they asked. Coz I m in Canada n not comming Bk to Uk my adress changed so will they update that on Ecas?

Naz
Hmmm they might or they might not.
Ecas is a funny subject and it really seems to depend on which officer is dealing with your file. Do you have confirmation of your docs arriving in London? Did they have to be signed for?
The main issue is have the received the address update, not whether it will be updated on ecas. If they received your new address then don't worry.

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
AndrewInUK said:
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the cross-post - but I was advised in the Family Class Sponsorship forum to post here also...

Our situation is actually quite simple:
I am a Canadian citizen with a current Canadian passport. My wife is British. We married here in 2007. We have two young children, both ours. We are currently living in the UK. We wish to move to Canada.
My basic problem is that I don't understand the timelines. It looks like it will take up to a year to process our application. But what are we supposed to do in the meantime?
In order to move, I need to find a job in Canada, we need to sell our house, not to mention making all the other arrangements involved in moving a family to another continent.
Are we supposed to wait until we have our papers before moving? Or can we just submit the application and get going?
If the latter, what do we tell immigration, and how can we ensure that we are allowed in? I don't want to uproot our entire lives just to be turned back at the border.

Further to the above, there are some vexing questions on my sponsorship form, such as:
Question 10: "When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?" The answer to this is: depends on when I am approved!
And below that, they want proof of job offers, mortgage, property deed, or rental agreements.
If I submit now I will have none of these. Or do I make all the arrangements first, then submit?

So, to summarize - it's about timings. I don't understand how to time the submission of the application versus when to start preparing in earnest for a move (job-hunting, selling the house, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
Hi Andrew

I have just submitted my application. Our situation is also similar, only we are applying as common-law. My partner has been working in the UK for 6 years and we both live here together. For Question 10 we put in a date and added a note saying - approximate, travel not yet booked. and for proof, we didn't have any of the documents they suggested so we ticked other and provided: A letter of resignation to his employer, a letter from his boss stating he is aware of his intention to return home to Canada, emails to and from friends discussing returning home, emails discussing employment with contacts in the industry, statutory declarations of support (e.g. from his parents stating we could stay with them rent free until we found jobs etc.) Then he wrote a story of our plans over the next few months plus what are plans are once we arrive - Obviously, I don't know if any of this is correct as we have only just sent our app in, however, hope it might give you some ideas...
MDSB

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Wow, 124 days since sponsor approval...still no PPR, tension is becoming more frequent... :'(

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
lnl said:
Wow, 124 days since sponsor approval...still no PPR, tension is becoming more frequent... :'(
130days for me. I think I'm going to e-mail them on Monday asking if they atleast received my additional information. Grrr!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
130days for me. I think I'm going to e-mail them on Monday asking if they atleast received my additional information. Grrr!
It's not good is it, we just emailed with a case specific enquiry, not feeling good at all today :-(

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
When did you apply Kelly?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
pinklady said:
Hmmm they might or they might not.
Ecas is a funny subject and it really seems to depend on which officer is dealing with your file. Do you have confirmation of your docs arriving in London? Did they have to be signed for?
The main issue is have the received the address update, not whether it will be updated on ecas. If they received your new address then don't worry.
Hi pinklady

I sent the doc through Dhl courier and it's tracking says it has been received. Let's see weather they change my address or not?

Naz

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
lnl said:
It's not good is it, we just emailed with a case specific enquiry, not feeling good at all today :-(
Hi they even do not reply for the email so that we know that they have received the additional info.

Naz

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
MDSB said:
Hi Andrew

I have just submitted my application. Our situation is also similar, only we are applying as common-law. My partner has been working in the UK for 6 years and we both live here together. For Question 10 we put in a date and added a note saying - approximate, travel not yet booked. and for proof, we didn't have any of the documents they suggested so we ticked other and provided: A letter of resignation to his employer, a letter from his boss stating he is aware of his intention to return home to Canada, emails to and from friends discussing returning home, emails discussing employment with contacts in the industry, statutory declarations of support (e.g. from his parents stating we could stay with them rent free until we found jobs etc.) Then he wrote a story of our plans over the next few months plus what are plans are once we arrive - Obviously, I don't know if any of this is correct as we have only just sent our app in, however, hope it might give you some ideas...
MDSB
Hi

We applied as same-sex common-law. My sponsor is a US citizen and though recently given canadian citizenship by right, had never lived in Canada and being in a relationship with me, obviously if I was turned down he would not move to Canada just to live there without me! So we said as much. The only question we got was "Please provide evidence of your sponsor's intention to live in Canada"!

Fortunately we had meanwhile decided to move to Canada whatever happened and had bought a house there just days before they asked! Evidence of the purchase (in his sole name, though I was the one who went to Canada to choose it etc) was sufficient and I received PPR without an i/v request.

Hope this helps

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
lnl said:
When did you apply Kelly?
We sent our application off to Mississauga on thhhheeeeee 20th December I think it was. What about you? Our timelines are pretty close, hopefully one of us might hear something next week!

Atleast the weather finally seems to be turning, I find I'm much more positive when the suns shining! Where abouts in Canada are you?

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
samba18 said:
Hey All,

I got asked for an RCMP Fingerprint Police Check a few months back and I finally managed to get it done and sent to the London Office.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea of how long people had to wait to get their PPR, once their RCMP check was received?
Hey Samba...I would like to know that answer too! Let me know when you get your PPR. How long did it take Commissionaires to get the RCMP results back to you after you had the fingerprints taken?
We are just waiting for the RCMP to send back the results to Commissionaires now and I am hoping to get that into London CIC before the end of this month! Hope you hear something very soon...it has been a long wait.

samba18

Feb 24, 2011
Jen85 said:
Hey Samba...I would like to know that answer too! Let me know when you get your PPR. How long did it take Commissionaires to get the RCMP results back to you after you had the fingerprints taken?
We are just waiting for the RCMP to send back the results to Commissionaires now and I am hoping to get that into London CIC before the end of this month! Hope you hear something very soon...it has been a long wait.
Hey Jen,

I actually went to Canada and got them to send my check to my girlfriends place. They said it would take 3 - 4 weeks, but it was nearer 2 weeks (those clever Mounties!). Then the girlfriend recorded delivered it over to the embassy in London.

So I would guess that the Commissionaires should have the check back in couple of weeks and then another week for them to post it over here. Either way, it's definitely faster than doing the standard 6 month application from over here.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything! Hope you get your checks back soon!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi pinklady

I sent the doc through Dhl courier and it's tracking says it has been received. Let's see weather they change my address or not?

Naz
If DHL say its been received then London has the documentation. They may or may not update ecas, either way, you know they have your new info.
Good luck

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
We sent our application off to Mississauga on thhhheeeeee 20th December I think it was. What about you? Our timelines are pretty close, hopefully one of us might hear something next week!

Atleast the weather finally seems to be turning, I find I'm much more positive when the suns shining! Where abouts in Canada are you?
9 dec for us, we spoke with CIC call centre today and they have confirmed the payment for RPRF to London, so hopefully just a waiting game for PPR now, fingers and toes crossed.

We are in Northern Ontario

troeli

May 9, 2011
does anyone know if london waits for the CSQ paper and then starts processing? so what I mean is does the 6 months processing time count from the day that they receive the CSQ?