+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CattAdams

Mar 23, 2011
Dover, England - Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
09-01-2011 (ecas)
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
19-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011 (Count down on)
Heading to London tomorrow to hand in my passport! YAY!

My flight is booked for July 14th!! 6 weeks tomorrow!! Hubby and I are so excited!! Would have been apart for exactly 24 weeks by then, but it's going to be so worth it!! Our application - from being sent off to PPR did only take 95 days though, so should be thankful!! =)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

For those being reunited soon - so excited for you...know for a few it's happening June 4th as that's my birthday haha ;D

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
CattAdams said:
Me too, see you there :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
CattAdams said:

My flight is booked for July 14th!! 6 weeks tomorrow!! Hubby and I are so excited!! Would have been apart for exactly 24 weeks by then, but it's going to be so worth it!! Our application - from being sent off to PPR did only take 95 days though, so should be thankful!! =)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

For those being reunited soon - so excited for you...know for a few it's happening June 4th as that's my birthday haha ;D
Congrats

samba18

Feb 24, 2011
Hey All,

I got asked for an RCMP Fingerprint Police Check a few months back and I finally managed to get it done and sent to the London Office.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea of how long people had to wait to get their PPR, once their RCMP check was received?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Still no news for us :-(

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi,

Finally my original documents has been sent to London office after the email. The purpose is to get the decision without interview as i cant travel to uk. The documents will reach there tomorrow.

Lets c what happens next...

Naz

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Hello everyone :)
The waiting is only beginning for me. However, after months of preparation, I'm very relieved that our application was delivered safely and quickly to Mississauga this morning (2nd June) by Fedex.
Any other June applicants?

Good luck everyone - whatever stage you are at!
8)

AndrewInUK

Jun 1, 2011
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the cross-post - but I was advised in the Family Class Sponsorship forum to post here also...

Our situation is actually quite simple:
I am a Canadian citizen with a current Canadian passport. My wife is British. We married here in 2007. We have two young children, both ours. We are currently living in the UK. We wish to move to Canada.
My basic problem is that I don't understand the timelines. It looks like it will take up to a year to process our application. But what are we supposed to do in the meantime?
In order to move, I need to find a job in Canada, we need to sell our house, not to mention making all the other arrangements involved in moving a family to another continent.
Are we supposed to wait until we have our papers before moving? Or can we just submit the application and get going?
If the latter, what do we tell immigration, and how can we ensure that we are allowed in? I don't want to uproot our entire lives just to be turned back at the border.

Further to the above, there are some vexing questions on my sponsorship form, such as:
Question 10: "When do you plan to return to Canada to resume residency?" The answer to this is: depends on when I am approved!
And below that, they want proof of job offers, mortgage, property deed, or rental agreements.
If I submit now I will have none of these. Or do I make all the arrangements first, then submit?

So, to summarize - it's about timings. I don't understand how to time the submission of the application versus when to start preparing in earnest for a move (job-hunting, selling the house, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
I've already answered your post in your original thread which I hope helps :)

However, I'm sure there are several UK'ers who will be happy to advise you further :D

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi

I ve a quick question to ask, as my address changed and documents ve been sent to London office, will they change my address on ecas?

Regards

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi AndrewinUK,

I think Canooknic was in the same situation that you are, and she has recently landed, she might be able to help with the logistics of things.

Also, as you can see from my spreadsheet, the average time for approval is around 106 days even though the website states 9 months. Your case sounds straight forward so there shouldnt be any issues there.

Once you are approved you need to 'land' but you have until the date your medicals expire, which is 12 months from the date of the medical. I suggest doing the medical as close to the submission as possible to give you the maximum time. Also, once your family has landed, you do not need to stay in Canada, you can return to tie up your affairs in the UK, sell your house etc. It doesnt all have to be done by the date you land.

Good luck and if you have more questions myself and the london thread will be happy to help :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi

I ve a quick question to ask, as my address changed and documents ve been sent to London office, will they change my address on ecas?

Regards

Naz
Naz, do you mean you sent your change of address documents to London so they can update your file/records?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
pinklady said:
Hi AndrewinUK,

I think Canooknic was in the same situation that you are, and she has recently landed, she might be able to help with the logistics of things.
Yes Pinklady, you're right, we arrived in Edmonton nearly 3 weeks ago.
We were lucky however that my fiancé has been able to finish a project with his UK employer whilst over here so we will still have a salary for 6 weeks. In the time that we have been here we have already found a place to rent, bought a cheap car and my fella has already got to the second interview stage with a local company.
Before his employer offered him the 6 weeks work We had worked out the equity from our UK property and decided that we would use that to live out here, I would rather spend the money here than stay in the UK any longer than we had to.
Look on Monster.ca and Workopolis for relevant jobs.
My sister and brother-in-law moved here 5 years ago and he didn't start a job for 10 weeks but he still says at he doesn't regret it, even though it was a scary 10 weeks and he worried that their money from the UK would run out.
PM me if you have any other questions, it's all still very fresh in our minds!!!!!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Similar situation for me, we got married in oct last year, I was working in UK, own home etc but being apart was a nightmare so handed in notice (had to give three months), house up for sale whilst organising wedding. Employer wasn't the best once handed in notice also wasn't sure how quick house would sell due to housing Market/economic climate. Had flights to visit hubby for Christmas so linked this with notice dates for work, my house sold after a week on the Market, so then also went through whole house and started to pack those that was going into storage, got quotes for transportation and storage, they cam and packed it all up, moved in with parents for a couple of weeks before flight out to start my visit. I have been using equity to keep things afloat, bought a car, currently watching the job Market for future endeavours, still visiting but looking forward to being able to move on with life, hopefully soon :)

Bite the bullet and get that ball in motion, it would be hard to go back and tie up loose ends o ce you've landed :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
pinklady said:
Naz, do you mean you sent your change of address documents to London so they can update your file/records?
Hi pinklady

Yes I ve sent them reasons why I can't come for the interview n also the updated background declaration n addition family information forms that they asked. Coz I m in Canada n not comming Bk to Uk my adress changed so will they update that on Ecas?

Naz