+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Below is the link to the london timeline spreadsheet.

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
lnl said:
After all this waiting and living in limbo land it better be!!!! I've been here visiting in Canada since December and I look forward to moving on with this stage of my life lol
Yup, I've been visiting since November 25th, 6 months and two lonnngggg days. Limbo is exactly what it is. On reflection I wouldnt have came here when my partner did, if I had to do it again I would stay in England a couple more months earning more money and being around family and friends. But hey ho - hopefully it will be worth it in the end, if they accept us! Either way, atleast we can move on with our lives.

We just have to try and keep our spirits up :)

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
Yup, I've been visiting since November 25th, 6 months and two lonnngggg days. Limbo is exactly what it is. On reflection I wouldnt have came here when my partner did, if I had to do it again I would stay in England a couple more months earning more money and being around family and friends. But hey ho - hopefully it will be worth it in the end, if they accept us! Either way, atleast we can move on with our lives.

We just have to try and keep our spirits up :)
Yeah, we have discussed similar, I left a well paid job and never expected my house to sell within a week! But although some days are very hard we are still happier together than going through this process five thousand miles away via webcam lol

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
Ok soo I just landed this evening at Toronto airport. I had all the customs declaration forms filled out with what i was bringing with its cost and serial numbers for electronics... I go to the passport control desk and tell them i was landing and they ask for the declaration card that you fill in on the plane so i was a little confused because i wasnt sure if i had filled it in right and it just asks for the total cost of items you are bringing. So then i was told to go to another desk and this nice girl processed my landing forms, she didnt ask me any questions or anything, just said oh you married a canadian? She told me to sign the copr in 4 different places and then that was it. I asked about declaring goods and she said you do that after you collect ur bags. SO i got my bags and then the customs people collect ur declaration cards that u get on the plane on the way out and into the arrivals hall. I said to the man that i was landing today and he just asked if what i had was everything and if i had any goods to follow which i said no then he said all he needed was the declaration form nothing else. Which is really weird cos i had everything ready and didnt even need it! It was ridiculously easy and super quick!

So that's me done ;D

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
shandymoo said:
Ok soo I just landed this evening at Toronto airport. I had all the customs declaration forms filled out with what i was bringing with its cost and serial numbers for electronics... I go to the passport control desk and tell them i was landing and they ask for the declaration card that you fill in on the plane so i was a little confused because i wasnt sure if i had filled it in right and it just asks for the total cost of items you are bringing. So then i was told to go to another desk and this nice girl processed my landing forms, she didnt ask me any questions or anything, just said oh you married a canadian? She told me to sign the copr in 4 different places and then that was it. I asked about declaring goods and she said you do that after you collect ur bags. SO i got my bags and then the customs people collect ur declaration cards that u get on the plane on the way out and into the arrivals hall. I said to the man that i was landing today and he just asked if what i had was everything and if i had any goods to follow which i said no then he said all he needed was the declaration form nothing else. Which is really weird cos i had everything ready and didnt even need it! It was ridiculously easy and super quick!

So that's me done ;D
Welcome home shandymoo!! Glad all went well and your immigration journey is finally over ...My husband lands next Saturday ...we are getting his list of goods ready ...if he doesnt have to use it, great ...Ive never been so excited in my life ... ;D

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
a quick question, London has received my application from mississauga, would they still return the whole application if they needed more documents or they will ask for just the documents required?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
hsbalouch said:
Hello,
a quick question, London has received my application from mississauga, would they still return the whole application if they needed more documents or they will ask for just the documents required?
Hi

They will ask if there is anything missing.

Regards

Naz

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazam80 said:
Hi

They will ask if there is anything missing.

Regards

Naz
oh ok, means they will only ask for the required document and will not send the whole application pack back to me?

reason for asking this is because on e-CAS they have mentioned that application will be returend if they needed more documents!!! but i guess its just in case if i have not send any of the documents asked for not the additional ones!

thanks for the reply anyways :)

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
hsbalouch said:
oh ok, means they will only ask for the required document and will not send the whole application pack back to me?

reason for asking this is because on e-CAS they have mentioned that application will be returend if they needed more documents!!! but i guess its just in case if i have not send any of the documents asked for not the additional ones!

thanks for the reply anyways :)
They just requested additional information from me via e-mail. Hope that helps :)

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelly. said:
They just requested additional information from me via e-mail. Hope that helps :)
thanks kelly, that definitely helps!

let's see if they ask for anything or may be I m lucky enough to go through the whole process just like that :D

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi
My solicitor has e-mailed the London office about the reasons why I can't come there for the interview on 15th June . I am going to send them the pack of evidences first thing in the morning.

Can anybody confirm that the Email that they use to email us we can't use that email as I ve been getting the email undelivered, o used this email
re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

So my Solcitor used the following link provided my London office and the called it web form

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/offices-bureaux/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

So we have completed a webform and attached change of representative form and letter from solicitor as it only allows u to attach 3mb file size so I will be posting then the hard copy through courier first thing morning.

Please telle if anyone else has used tht webform to send them a query and how long it took them to reply?

I would really appreciate it response

Naz

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
I've used the webform and they replied in a couple of days. Although it seems to be hit and miss, If it's something they can get away with ignoring they will. But seeing as your enquiry is pretty important/offical I'm sure you will get a response.

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
45 day period to submit Passport for Visa AFTER receiving PPR

I received my PPR by email on May 11.

As I am not in the UK, I sent my UK passport/photos/info form to my Mum in the UK to submit to the Canadian High Commission in London and receive back for me.

I sent it US registered post and though the tracking says arrived in GB on May 18, there has been no trace of it since.

Assuming it has been lost/stolen by the Post office, I need to get a new UK passport which will take up to 6 weeks by mail or I must fly to London and get an urgent one in person.

Question - 45 day submission period after PPR granted:

- Is the 45 day submission period mentioned in the letter fixed? Has anyone had it extended?

Thanks!

Thanks

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
I would double check with customs, they held onto a tracked parcel for two weeks before releasing it!! Got a refund from Canada post as they guaranteed delivery in five days :) many congrats on the PPR, maybe check with the CIC call centre regarding the passport for info?