+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
I'm sure I already know the answer to this but I've been overcome by a sudden wave of paranoia. My 6months initial visitor visa runs out in 2 days, I've applied online for my visitors visa to be extended (when I had atleast a month left like they ask) I'm right in thinking that I'm allowed to assume that I can stay, until I hear back from them?

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
kelly. said:
I'm sure I already know the answer to this but I've been overcome by a sudden wave of paranoia. My 6months initial visitor visa runs out in 2 days, I've applied online for my visitors visa to be extended (when I had atleast a month left like they ask) I'm right in thinking that I'm allowed to assume that I can stay, until I hear back from them?
Yes, fear not. It is known as "implied status" that you are on. I am in this situation also except I applied by mail.

Thank you shykitten for the finding the holiday days at CHC London

JodiM

May 22, 2011
Hi there
I'm Canadian, living in London, and I want to sponsor my British partner. We aren't married but have been together for nearly 10 years and have a child. I've got form IMM5409 - is this the right one to use to show we are common law? Does anyone know who I would get to sign this form? Is a family lawyer alright?
Thanks.

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
kelly. said:
What is the link to apply to extend? My visitor visa runs out on july 25th so I need to do that in June sometime. What did you submit as a reason for the extension?

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
IndividualLikeEveryoneEls said:
Yes, fear not. It is known as "implied status" that you are on. I am in this situation also except I applied by mail.

Thank you shykitten for the finding the holiday days at CHC London
Thankyou. Crazy moment of self doubt there!

Crillz said:
What is the link to apply to extend? My visitor visa runs out on july 25th so I need to do that in June sometime. What did you submit as a reason for the extension?
I just said that we were awaiting results from my common law sponsorship and didnt want to be apart etcetc.

Here's the link, it's about halfway down. It's all pretty easy and self explanatory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

ambercat

Apr 23, 2011
Hi. I tried calling this morning but reception would not direct the call to immigration. They are very strict. She said I'd need to email my enquiry (I did that about a month ago....). I'm starting to feel paranoid now that I've been forgotten!! My decision made on ecas was Feb 26 2011. Frustrating!

Joolschweetie

Apr 26, 2011
Sheffield, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my gosh!!!! Just got home from a lovely holiday on the Isle of Skye to find an even lovelier letter on our doorstep from CHC...and on Victoria Day too!

PPR baby, yeh!!!!!!

So excited, I couldn't believe it - the only time I'e not had access to Ecas for 5 days (OMG it damn near killed me not checking) and they send us a letter in the meantime. Lol.

Thank you all so much for your advice & help in this whole process, would have been lost without the forum Sorry, rambling now!!!! xxx

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
kelly. said:
Hi Kelly

I am also visitor an in Canada. U r legal till ur case is determined so dnt worry they will give u visa.

Naz

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joolschweetie said:
Oh my gosh!!!! Just got home from a lovely holiday on the Isle of Skye to find an even lovelier letter on our doorstep from CHC...and on Victoria Day too!

PPR baby, yeh!!!!!!

So excited, I couldn't believe it - the only time I'e not had access to Ecas for 5 days (OMG it damn near killed me not checking) and they send us a letter in the meantime. Lol.

Thank you all so much for your advice & help in this whole process, would have been lost without the forum Sorry, rambling now!!!! xxx
WOAH!!!!! thats amazingly quick time line man :O

Many congratulations,

I so hope and pray for a speedy process for myself and those still waiting!

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Joolschweetie said:

PPR baby, yeh!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sure there is a moral to this story re ecas BUT I also know, none of us would follow it! lol

keny

Apr 30, 2011
twoone said:
Hello everyone,

I've been silently reading these forums for quite a few months since our sponsorship application now (October) and I have to say this is the only source of some comfort while waiting without any clue of what's going on on the other side :)

I was hoping someone could answer how to reach the CHC-London's passport processing division?

We were asked to mail my wife's passport (PPR) on 3/28 and we confirmed receipt via courier on 4/4. It was 6 weeks as of Friday and since this is the upper bound we are getting very worried. Someone mentioned they were able to speak to an individual at the CHC-London's passport division after 6 weeks, but we couldn't find such a contact by both scouring their website and even calling the CHC-London. They only sent us to a voicemail.

We need to book a flight ticket soon and want to know at least if the passport is on its way back or still awaiting processing.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!
Twoone
Dear twoone
did u get ur passports ? did u write to them?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
@Joolschweetie many congratulations on your PPR and well done to the speedy timeline, a very happy time for you indeed :)

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
Hi guys,

did you manage to receive any email from CIC London recently? I've emailed them before regarding change of mailing address- they didn't reply but they updated e-cas profile in a few days. I've emailed them three times already and received no reply regarding our app status. probably, they don't do replies but pls tell me if you received any.

Thanks! Smiley

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Jianadaren said:
Hi guys,

did you manage to receive any email from CIC London recently? I've emailed them before regarding change of mailing address- they didn't reply but they updated e-cas profile in a few days. I've emailed them three times already and received no reply regarding our app status. probably, they don't do replies but pls tell me if you received any.

Thanks! Smiley
Hi, nope we havent, have you rang the CIC call centre, we call them every so often for direct questions and enquiries. They give general answers but it's worth a try, good luck.

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
lnl said:
Hi, nope we havent, have you rang the CIC call centre, we call them every so often for direct questions and enquiries. They give general answers but it's worth a try, good luck.
Hi Inl! thank you for the hint - we haven't call they yet because we were thinking that it's only for inland applications. we will try this definitely and will see if they have any answers for us. thanks again for advice much appreciated! :)