+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

twoone

May 16, 2011
shandymoo said:
sooo easy walked in gave in receipt given brown envelope with passport and copr in and walked out :p no questions asked!
Congrats Shandimoo.

Today its 7 weeks since London received our passport and still waiting. I should have had it physically delivered as well. Now I don't know if its just lost or if they are still processing--since they won't reply back either.

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
IndividualLikeEveryoneEls said:
If I don't hear anything by next Tuesday (Monday is Victoria day so presumably a holiday for CHC London), I'll give it another go.
I went on the CIC Canada website and found this ... These are the closing dates for the London High Commission

Office closures during 2011
Date Closed
January 3 New Year's Day
April 22 Good Friday
April 25 Easter Monday
May 2 Early May Bank Holiday
May 30 Late May Bank Holiday
July 1 Canada Day
August 29 Late August Bank Holiday
September 5 Labour Day
October 10 Thanksgiving
December 26 Christmas Day
December 27 Boxing Day

Thought you might like to know :D

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Could those who dropped off and collected their passports in London answer a couple of questions?

I'm thinking about doing the same when the time comes as this seems alot quicker :D

1. In the passport request email / letter, does it tell you what days & times they are open to drop it off in person?
2. If yes, what are their opening days & hours?
3. Do you need to take any additional photos with you? If yes, how many and what size?
4. When you've dropped off your passport, it is guaranteed to be ready for collection in 2 weeks?
5. Someone mentioned they "waited in line". Was there a queue?

::)

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Darque said:
Could those who dropped off and collected their passports in London answer a couple of questions?

I'm thinking about doing the same when the time comes as this seems alot quicker :D

1. In the passport request email / letter, does it tell you what days & times they are open to drop it off in person?
2. If yes, what are their opening days & hours?
3. Do you need to take any additional photos with you? If yes, how many and what size?
4. When you've dropped off your passport, it is guaranteed to be ready for collection in 2 weeks?
5. Someone mentioned they "waited in line". Was there a queue?

::)
The email does tell you what day and times they are open ...Thursdays between 2 & 3 ONLY ..you will need to take two additional photos and the instructions and size are in the PPR email ...Guarantee?? there are no guarantees in life, but the email and the ticket you get handing in your passport does say to pick it up two weeks from the date of handing it in ...My husband is picking his up on Thursday ...we will see about the guarantee at that time ...but from what I have read on here it has been ready when they say it will be ...

Hope that helps ...

kolafsso

May 18, 2011
Hi,

I got a quick question on the medical. I quote from the Appendix C:

"You and all your family members who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents must fill
out Appendix C and undergo and pass a medical examination, whether they will be joining you in Canada
or not. Make enough photocopies of this page for your needs before you start filling the boxes."

Does this mean my parents and siblings need to get medical as well?!? They live in a different country to me and are not being sponsored or coming with me to Canada?

koku99

May 12, 2011
kolafsso said:
Hi,

I got a quick question on the medical. I quote from the Appendix C:

"You and all your family members who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents must fill
out Appendix C and undergo and pass a medical examination, whether they will be joining you in Canada
or not. Make enough photocopies of this page for your needs before you start filling the boxes."

Does this mean my parents and siblings need to get medical as well?!? They live in a different country to me and are not being sponsored or coming with me to Canada?

You only have to do the medical for you and any dependents such as your children you may have. You do not have to do the medical for your parents or siblings.

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
shykitten said:
The email does tell you what day and times they are open ...Thursdays between 2 & 3 ONLY ..you will need to take two additional photos and the instructions and size are in the PPR email ...Guarantee?? there are no guarantees in life, but the email and the ticket you get handing in your passport does say to pick it up two weeks from the date of handing it in ...My husband is picking his up on Thursday ...we will see about the guarantee at that time ...but from what I have read on here it has been ready when they say it will be ...

Hope that helps ...
Yes Darque thats right what shykitten said, my visa issue date was 6th may a day after i handed it in! I collected it 2 weeks later, on thursday this week. The process is so simple i recommend it to anyone even though i travelled 3 hours in a car, 25 mins on a train and then another 30 mins on foot from the station to the embassy! Theres 2 lines on either side of the door way. The one on the left is for drop offs, i recommend going at around 1:30pm and waiting. The line on the right is for pick ups. They are called in one by one first. I saw how fast everyone was in and out who were collecting when i went to drop it off so i only joined the line at 1:50pm when i went to pick up, a minute later they started letting the pick up line in, there was only about 6 of us in total I was actually out with my passport at 2pm! 8) You go in the door, show ur receipt to the guard and wait until he tells u to go up to the desk, then when u do hand over ur receipt and he checks the number with the number on the envelope and then the details on a paper he has in front of him, he didnt say anything to me and handed over the big brown envelope with my passport, copr and instructions in!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shandymoo said:
Yes Darque thats right what shykitten said, my visa issue date was 6th may a day after i handed it in! I collected it 2 weeks later, on thursday this week. The process is so simple i recommend it to anyone even though i travelled 3 hours in a car, 25 mins on a train and then another 30 mins on foot from the station to the embassy! Theres 2 lines on either side of the door way. The one on the left is for drop offs, i recommend going at around 1:30pm and waiting. The line on the right is for pick ups. They are called in one by one first. I saw how fast everyone was in and out who were collecting when i went to drop it off so i only joined the line at 1:50pm when i went to pick up, a minute later they started letting the pick up line in, there was only about 6 of us in total I was actually out with my passport at 2pm! 8) You go in the door, show ur receipt to the guard and wait until he tells u to go up to the desk, then when u do hand over ur receipt and he checks the number with the number on the envelope and then the details on a paper he has in front of him, he didnt say anything to me and handed over the big brown envelope with my passport, copr and instructions in!
omg!!! although I am still a long way from doing this all but sounds already very exciting!

CattAdams

Mar 23, 2011
Dover, England - Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
09-01-2011 (ecas)
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
19-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011 (Count down on)
Can't wait....June 2nd I will be heading to London to hand in my passport! Unfortunately can't get there before then due to work, but hey!! Booked the train tickets haha Only takes about an hour and a half though door to door! :D

Will be booking my flight soon for July 15th!! Still have a few things to sort out here, but I know the 8 weeks wait will be so much easier when we have a date to count down to!! :D Really busy until then, so no doubt it will fly by!

For the visa photos...does anyone know if Jessops do them? I know there is the ID photo place in London if all else fails, but was hoping to get them done and out of the way on Monday. :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
HI All

Congrats to all. My solicitor will be replying about the email on Tuesday to London office about the interview. We are explaining them the reasons why i cant come to UK for interview. We are stressing that if they can make decision without the interview. We are giving enough proofs to them about our relationship and other things. If they cant do that decision then we are requesting them to transfer the case to Seattle so that we can give the interview there. Let see this might delay the case but they have to decide something. If the outcome is not in my favour then we can appeal while staying in Canada. Atleast we are in Canada and only thing is that i cant work.

Please pray for me.

Naz

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
CattAdams said:
For the visa photos...does anyone know if Jessops do them? I know there is the ID photo place in London if all else fails, but was hoping to get them done and out of the way on Monday. :)
Try going here ..they are the most reasonable and they are right at Charing Cross Station in London ...my husband has his done there and paid £6 for 8 pictures even tho he only needed 2 ..

http://www.idphotoshop.co.uk/

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
nazam80 said:
HI All

Congrats to all. My solicitor will be replying about the email on Tuesday to London office about the interview. We are explaining them the reasons why i cant come to UK for interview. We are stressing that if they can make decision without the interview. We are giving enough proofs to them about our relationship and other things. If they cant do that decision then we are requesting them to transfer the case to Seattle so that we can give the interview there. Let see this might delay the case but they have to decide something. If the outcome is not in my favour then we can appeal while staying in Canada. Atleast we are in Canada and only thing is that i cant work.

Please pray for me.

Naz
Good thoughts and prayers out to you Nazam80 ...I really do hope that everything works out and goes your way ....

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
shykitten said:
Good thoughts and prayers out to you Nazam80 ...I really do hope that everything works out and goes your way ....
Thanks Shykitten, God Bless u.

Naz

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
nazam80 said:
HI All

Please pray for me.

Naz
It's about time you had a bit of good luck Naz, my fingers are crossed!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
kelly. said:
It's about time you had a bit of good luck Naz, my fingers are crossed!
Thanks kelly

Nax