+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
can some one give me the link to the spread sheet please for London outland applications .I cant see the spread sheet for 2018 or 2019
There is a single spreadsheet for years 2013,14,15,16,17 and 18 - see the separate 'tabs' at the bottom of the sheet. There is no 2019 tab yet as no one has yet sent me a timeline starting in 2019, I will add when I get one. For the spreadsheet itself, see the link in my signature line.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Great thank you ..

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can help with some information. I am a Canadian citizen and have been living in the UK on a spousal visa with my husband. We will be returning to Canada in mid February with my husband entering under dual intent. Do I have to inform someone in the UK that I am returning to Canada and in essence giving up my residency permit in the UK? I am just a bit confused about all the logistics for me leaving the UK and who I have to inform.

Also, @Hurlabrick , could you update the spreadsheet for us as on ECAS it has now changed under the PA application that they began processing his application on Jan 7, 2019. I am uncertain what this step means as the file was transfered to LVO on Dec 24th after passing medicals, and his application has been "in process' on ecas and GCKey for months prior to it being transferred.

Thanks so much,
Carolyne

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello everyone,
I am wondering if anyone can help with some information. I am a Canadian citizen and have been living in the UK on a spousal visa with my husband. We will be returning to Canada in mid February with my husband entering under dual intent. Do I have to inform someone in the UK that I am returning to Canada and in essence giving up my residency permit in the UK? I am just a bit confused about all the logistics for me leaving the UK and who I have to inform.
No you do not have to inform any body in the UK as regards your UK PR. However, you should inform HMRC that you will no longer be resident. You do this by submitting a P85 (Google 'HMRC P85'). Quite a few other things you should do or think about. An excellent set of lists here may help:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/To_Do_Lists-Canada

Also, @Hurlabrick , could you update the spreadsheet for us as on ECAS it has now changed under the PA application that they began processing his application on Jan 7, 2019. I am uncertain what this step means as the file was transfered to LVO on Dec 24th after passing medicals, and his application has been "in process' on ecas and GCKey for months prior to it being transferred.
Spreadsheet updated. It means they have now started looking at and assessing the PA side of the application - yes, it took them from 24/12 to 7/1 to pick up the file (actually it may well have been couriered across during that period). Don't start thinking that approval will follow soon - get settled in for an overall 9 - 10 months wait. Oh, and do change your correspondence address with CIC when you arrive in Canada or they will send the CoPR to the old address.

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Hi guys, I am currently in Dubai and my application is in LVO. I am an April applicant. I was wondering if I move back to my home country at this stage, will LVO stop processing my application and will transfer my files to the office (Hong Kong Office) in my home country or LVO will still continue processing my application until it's done and will inform me where to send my passport?

PSabina

Nov 19, 2018
I am applicant of June 5
Sent to LVO on oct 26
Processed application Nov 27th
And no updates after that!
How long does it takes ?can anyone share there experiences please!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am applicant of June 5
Sent to LVO on oct 26
Processed application Nov 27th
And no updates after that!
How long does it takes ?can anyone share there experiences please!
Please see tracking spreadsheet in my signature line, loads of timelines for LVO there.

Count on it taking about 1 year from 5th June, so quite a wait for you yet I am afraid.

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Hello everyone, thank you @Hurlabrick for your previous reply. I have a couple more questions . As previously state, my husband and I are moving to Vancouver in February. I am a Canadian citizen and he is entering under dual intent. When we get off the plane and go through immigration / customs, can we go through the whole process together even though we have different passports? Normally, when we go to visit, I go in the Canadian passport lineup and he goes in the other passport lineup. Ideally I dont wish to be separated because of all the paperwork.
Also, as he is entering under dual intent, is he required to also have a Personal Effects Accounting Document (ie. Goods to Accompany list)? Or does he only need this when he actually lands ?
Thank you!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello everyone, thank you @Hurlabrick for your previous reply. I have a couple more questions . As previously state, my husband and I are moving to Vancouver in February. I am a Canadian citizen and he is entering under dual intent. When we get off the plane and go through immigration / customs, can we go through the whole process together even though we have different passports? Normally, when we go to visit, I go in the Canadian passport lineup and he goes in the other passport lineup. Ideally I dont wish to be separated because of all the paperwork.
Yes, you definitely should stay together, whichever line you go through. I used to have the reverse choice when I lived in the UK in that I only had a Canadian passport and my wife was British - we were told to always go through together and to go through either channel, but we always chose the British channel as it always moved quicker! I would suggest you and your husband should go through the Canadian channel together.

Also, as he is entering under dual intent, is he required to also have a Personal Effects Accounting Document (ie. Goods to Accompany list)? Or does he only need this when he actually lands ?
Thank you!
Whatever you do, DO NOT try any 'goods accompanying / goods to follow' forms for your husband as he is 'visiting' (albeit with 'dual intent') - going on to tell CBSA that he is moving all his worldly goods is a great way to convince them that he has no intention of ever going back if for any reason his sponsorship is refunsed - however unlikely - and could lead to a refusal (it did happen - check out 'Mata vs Canada judgement here - albeit it was an extreme example: https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218891/index.do?r=AAAAAQAHVmlzaXRvcgE).

So yes, he should do his goods to follow / goods accompanying when he finally 'lands' to activate his CoPR once this has been sent to you.

Reactions: cbliss

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Yes, you definitely should stay together, whichever line you go through. I used to have the reverse choice when I lived in the UK in that I only had a Canadian passport and my wife was British - we were told to always go through together and to go through either channel, but we always chose the British channel as it always moved quicker! I would suggest you and your husband should go through the Canadian channel together.

Whatever you do, DO NOT try any 'goods accompanying / goods to follow' forms for your husband as he is 'visiting' (albeit with 'dual intent') - going on to tell CBSA that he is moving all his worldly goods is a great way to convince them that he has no intention of ever going back if for any reason his sponsorship is refunsed - however unlikely - and could lead to a refusal (it did happen - check out 'Mata vs Canada judgement here - albeit it was an extreme example: https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/218891/index.do?r=AAAAAQAHVmlzaXRvcgE).

So yes, he should do his goods to follow / goods accompanying when he finally 'lands' to activate his CoPR once this has been sent to you.
Thank you so much for replying ! Oh i am so glad we can go together .we have never ever gone through a channel together, always separate, so this is lovely to hear!!

Cheers

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thank you so much for replying ! Oh i am so glad we can go together .we have never ever gone through a channel together, always separate, so this is lovely to hear!!

Cheers
As I say, I am not CERTAIN about Canada, but I know for me going into the UK, I always used to go in a separate line, but was told politely but firmly that it would be a lot easier for them if we always went through the same line together. I am sure you will be fine. Oh, and enjoy those infernal customs declaration machines they now have in Canada at all the major international airports (replaces the old paper forms)!

JJnak

Sep 6, 2018
@Hurlabrick , following on the above query, I wonder you could give an advice...? I did landing appointment just before X Mas at local CIC office in Ontario and now waiting for PR card. Once got it, I’ll be travelling to UK to pack things. Can I do personal account/ goods when I come up?
Many thanks