+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
Wahoooooo COPR finally issued!!!! I don't have the physical copy yet but got an update in GCKEY today and a copy of the letter that accompanies COPR has been uploaded to my account. So everything changed to final decision made, background check and eligibility review completed. Now just to watch for the postman every morning!!!
It took well over a month to get from PPR to COPR. PPR was 5th September, mailed docs on the 11th.
Congratulations! Did you apply outland whilst living in Canada? I'm currently considering applying outland but I reside in Canada at the minute, so looking for people going through/have gone through a similar situation as me to hear their opinions :)

Cadwife_UKhub_UKbaby

Feb 22, 2018
Leeds, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2018
Congratulations! Did you apply outland whilst living in Canada? I'm currently considering applying outland but I reside in Canada at the minute, so looking for people going through/have gone through a similar situation as me to hear their opinions :)
No, we applied outland because we live in the UK. Our app stayed in Mississauga for processing so only the final stage (PPR/COPR) was handled by London office, as far as I can tell.
My friend lives in Canada with her fiancé (he's English); they applied inland. They submitted in February 2018 and he still isn't approved. I don't think she's very impressed that we got a decision before them!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
No, we applied outland because we live in the UK. Our app stayed in Mississauga for processing so only the final stage (PPR/COPR) was handled by London office, as far as I can tell.
My friend lives in Canada with her fiancé (he's English); they applied inland. They submitted in February 2018 and he still isn't approved. I don't think she's very impressed that we got a decision before them!
Not sure why she'd feel that way as inland is consistently processed at 11-12 months and is almost always slower than outland.

Glad you're done though :)

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
We are thinking of applying outland whilst I am in Canada and for me to go back home during the process. I'm trying to find others who have done something similar ~ thanks for your response though & congrats again :)

sherman123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Wahoooooo COPR finally issued!!!! I don't have the physical copy yet but got an update in GCKEY today and a copy of the letter that accompanies COPR has been uploaded to my account. So everything changed to final decision made, background check and eligibility review completed. Now just to watch for the postman every morning!!!
It took well over a month to get from PPR to COPR. PPR was 5th September, mailed docs on the 11th.
Congrats! When was your application recieved by CIC?

JJnak

Sep 6, 2018
Congratulations! You lucky as the overall processing time was very quick for you.
Did you ever received emails from London office o

Cadwife_UKhub_UKbaby

Feb 22, 2018
Leeds, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Med's Request
13-07-2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2018
Congratulations! You lucky as the overall processing time was very quick for you.
Did you ever received emails from London office o
No, they never had any reason to get in touch with us. I had used the webform to contact them when we didn't get COPR after 4 weeks, but they never responded.

Barko

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Not really fair ....
Pure luck. Fairness has nothing to do with it. Fair if its a one officer processing all applications but its not. There are different officers at the VO and CBSA, these officers each has a pile of applications and really depends on how fast he/she processes it, some take thier sweet time and some work faster. I waited 13 months for a simple straight forward application, i know others in my city through the same VO got it in 4-6 month. check my signature for my timeline.

Wish you best of luck and a speedy process.

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Pure luck. Fairness has nothing to do with it. Fair if its a one officer processing all applications but its not. There are different officers at the VO and CBSA, these officers each has a pile of applications and really depends on how fast he/she processes it, some take thier sweet time and some work faster. I waited 13 months for a simple straight forward application, i know others in my city through the same VO got it in 4-6 month. check my signature for my timeline.

Wish you best of luck and a speedy process.

Yep I guess have to wait till April next year as my husband gonna get his bgc from qatar and india .

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
hi, can anybody assist me with some info on the biometric fee? do I pay the $85 alongside my application fees, provide the receipt in my package and wait for further instruction? i'm a UK citizen currently living in Canada.

Pinky72

Sep 15, 2018
Hello all.....

Little bit of help required. We (my husband - PA) just received a letter from CIC stating:

We are pleased to inform you that you can now recieve free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.

It goes on with some links and information about pre-arrival services and what's on offer from IRCC for new arrivals, etc., etc.

However, we've not received any other approval paperwork. Has anyone seen this before? Am I to assume that the approvals and/or request for passport, etc., will now come imminently?