+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

drewssp

Dec 3, 2017
Please excuse me while I rant about how ridiculous this idiotic process is.

I submitted my application back in October. The resources available to me said that I need to submit a Schedule A, along with two police checks; one from the country in which the principal applicant stayed the longest since they were 18 and one from the country in which they they currently live, if they had been there for at least 6 months. That's 3 documents. No problem, I submitted 2 of those with my application: a Schedule A and a police check from China (PA's home country). The PA lives in the UAE but hadn't been there for 6 months yet. No need for the second police check. Done.

Or so I thought....

In December I got a request for further police checks. Apparently the actual requirements are different from what is outlined on the CIC website. Now, on top of the original requirements, they added another: a background check from each country in which the PA has resided for more than 6 months. That means that we needed to get one from Korea. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get things like from Korea as a foreigner? Now imagine trying to do that in a paper-based society from outside of the country, not being able to speak Korean. Some of the police stations had never even heard of the type of police check that CIC wanted.

I didn't expect immigration to be a streamlined process so the ridiculousness of the situation wasn't too surprising. To be safe, I messaged CIC to ask for clarification on which background checks they needed. I think we can all guess how fruitful that was. It was something along the lines of "just look at the request letter that we sent originally and follow that". Frustrated, I sent another message that was more specific and asked only for a simply "yes" or "no". The second response was about as fruitful.

I got the police check from Korea. They then had a schedule A and police checks from both China and Korea. The PA still hadn't been in the UAE for 6 months so no need for that.

Fast forward to last week, I got pre-arrival services. Happy me! I thought the process was almost over. Nope.

Can you guess what I got today? No, not a passport request. No, not a decision made either. I got ANOTHER REQUEST FOR POLICE CHECKS!!!!!

Now they want an updated Schedule A, along with (you guessed it) a police check for every country in which the PA has resided for 6 months. I would love to ask them why. Why does it feel like they are punishing me for their inability to do things smoothly? Or perhaps some more productive questions: Is something wrong with my previous police checks? Do I need to renew the one from China? Maybe I need to get a new one from Korea? Or do I only need one from the UAE? Of course, if I ask these questions we all know what the response will be: "just look at the request letter that we sent originally and follow that".

Thank you LVO, for reminding me why I quit my job in the government back in 2011.

Reactions: posse

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I am Chinese residing in UAE and my timeline is as follows,

19 Apr 2018 - Mail delivered
24 May 2018- AOR1, application linked
03 Jun 2018 - Sponsorship approved
05 Jun 2018 - Medical test requested
12 Jun 2018 - Medical test passed
05 Jul 2018 - File transferred to London Visa Office

My husband who is my sponsor received an email on 5 July informing him that my files have been transfered to London for further process, however, I have not received any email for AOR2 and my ECAS is still the same till today, no updated time, does that mean my files are still in transfer and they have not processed my PR yet?

Also, just curious, in case if I needed to be interviewed, do I need to travel to London?? :confused:

sherman123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone, I am Chinese residing in UAE and my timeline is as follows,

19 Apr 2018 - Mail delivered
24 May 2018- AOR1, application linked
03 Jun 2018 - Sponsorship approved
05 Jun 2018 - Medical test requested
12 Jun 2018 - Medical test passed
05 Jul 2018 - File transferred to London Visa Office

My husband who is my sponsor received an email on 5 July informing him that my files have been transfered to London for further process, however, I have not received any email for AOR2 and my ECAS is still the same till today, no updated time, does that mean my files are still in transfer and they have not processed my PR yet?

Also, just curious, in case if I needed to be interviewed, do I need to travel to London?? :confused:
Does it say they have started processing your application on the ECAS website. If you are able to log in to you GCKey, they will provide directions on where to go if you an interview is req'd.

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Does it say they have started processing your application on the ECAS website. If you are able to log in to you GCKey, they will provide directions on where to go if you an interview is req'd.
No my ECAS is still the same, it shows the following,

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on June 5, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
No my ECAS is still the same, it shows the following,

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on June 5, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
it will update in a few days. ecas is not always updated immediately. if your hubby got the email, it means they have been transferred to LVO. now the big wait begins.

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
Does anyone know what the average wait time once files have been transferred toLVO?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Does anyone know what the average wait time once files have been transferred toLVO?
Now..there's a question!

Average seems to be around 9 months from submitting app so 6 months-ish from transfer to LVO. But. If you've read any of this thread you'll see that it differs wildly!

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
Now..there's a question!

Average seems to be around 9 months from submitting app so 6 months-ish from transfer to LVO. But. If you've read any of this thread you'll see that it differs wildly!
I’ve been reading like mad, and like everyone else, I suppose I’ve been hoping for a difinitive answer....and I know that there isn’t one. But one can still hope, right??

Our was transferred May 29, and our eCAS says ‘we started processing your file on May 31’. They haven’t started the background check yet, and we expect that to be as straightforward as can be. It’s hard not to be impatient, but I know we have some waiting to do yet.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I’ve been reading like mad, and like everyone else, I suppose I’ve been hoping for a difinitive answer....and I know that there isn’t one. But one can still hope, right??

Our was transferred May 29, and our eCAS says ‘we started processing your file on May 31’. They haven’t started the background check yet, and we expect that to be as straightforward as can be. It’s hard not to be impatient, but I know we have some waiting to do yet.
Yeah I mean nobody on here can you give you answer sadly. All you can do it thread watch your month and VO here on LVO as you are doing.

Most people see their case as "straight forward" when in reality we don't even know if it matters as nobody really know the process and work path they follow. I "think" I was straight forward but I was still 8.5 months (timeline in my signature) and now I'm waiting on my COPR to come via snail mail.

Most useful and comforting thing for me was to watch and be on this forum.. It's nice to know you're not alone in the process!

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
Yeah I mean nobody on here can you give you answer sadly. All you can do it thread watch your month and VO here on LVO as you are doing.

Most people see their case as "straight forward" when in reality we don't even know if it matters as nobody really know the process and work path they follow. I "think" I was straight forward but I was still 8.5 months (timeline in my signature) and now I'm waiting on my COPR to come via snail mail.

Most useful and comforting thing for me was to watch and be on this forum.. It's nice to know you're not alone in the process!
It IS comforting to watch others going through and finishing the process! I’ve loved seeing you get to the end of yours. My husband is Scottish too (from Aberdeen) and for had to ask him what your nickname meant, so now I know what a Weegie is!

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
It IS comforting to watch others going through and finishing the process! I’ve loved seeing you get to the end of yours. My husband is Scottish too (from Aberdeen) and for had to ask him what your nickname meant, so now I know what a Weegie is!
An Aberdonian!

Hahahaha!

Reactions: C.R.M.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

We were transferred in May 2017 and heard back late November.

Reactions: C.R.M.

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
We were transferred in May 2017 and heard back late November.
Thanks! We have a bit more waiting to do, it sounds like. Did you get DM at that point? (*grasping desperately for a difinitive timeline for ours that I know I can’t get....*)