+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I only got the email request, nothing by regular mail.
The ecas would change to Decision made and it would say they have contacted you about the decision.

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
pinklady said:
I only got the email request, nothing by regular mail.
The ecas would change to Decision made and it would say they have contacted you about the decision.
hmmmm! I only got the request by regular mail! no email at all.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I emailed them a query question before I got the PPR, and before submitting the email you have to agree that if you send it, you are agreeing to them being able to contact you via email.

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
pinklady said:
I emailed them a query question before I got the PPR, and before submitting the email you have to agree that if you send it, you are agreeing to them being able to contact you via email.
Ahhh I guess that would make sense!
I thought maybe the IO in charge of my application was computer illiterate or something ;)

juljud

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
03-04-2011
d-tilley592 said:
Hi all,

So my passport is finally back in Canada although I am still waiting for it to be delivered. It is sitting in a sorting office in Mississauga at the moment but it should be with me by Wednesday fingers crossed. London received my passport on 21st February so it has taken over 4 weeks to get back to me. In hindsight I would have flown back to London and handed it in but you live and learn. But for those of you that are mailing your passport from Canada I strongly urge you to get it mailed to a friend in the UK and get them to Fedex it back.

Anyway once I get my passport back I need to flag pole. Luckily I am a 45 minute drive from Niagara, so I plan to do a late night trip. Does anyone have any advice on the best place to do this? ie which bridge/crossing point? Secondly I'm trying to find out the best way to do it, I hear that the US border guards will give you some sort of refusal if you just flag pole, does this cause problems when you try to cross at a later date? Being a brit I know we are part of the visa waiver program but if you get refused when you flag pole does this mean I will have to get a vistor visa everytime I try to go to the US? I only ask because I have got into hockey since I have been here and I will probably cross quite a few times a year to catch some games.

Cheers

LANDING WITHOUT GOING TO THE US

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/landing-in-canada/631545013/landing-experience-at-fort-erie-peace-bridge-nov-17-2010

Landing Experience at Fort Erie -Peace Bridge - Nov 17, 2010
I have been reading posts on this forum for a while now - and wanted to write about my landing experience - hoping this will help a few readers.
I called the CIC call center to get an appointment for landing within the local CIC office either in Mississauga or Etobicoke, and was not able to get the line so i gave up calling them and turn to GOOGLE for help and found this number of Peace Bridge CBSA (905) 994-6330, its not toll free so they will pick up in 2 or 3 try
Anyway - moving on to the landing experience - I asked the CIC agent to send me an e-mail about falgpoling to the US and completing the landing process at a Canadian/US border - as I wanted written proof from the CIC center before I actually stepped onto US soil without a US VISA...blah....
So the options I had was to land at either the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls or the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie (both great options as I live in Mississauga)
To begin with I was very sceptical about this "flagpole" thing - I mean, the US immigration officers from what I have heard are exceptionally rude and crazy. May I add, that I hold an Indian Passport - so that makes things ever worse :)
I decided to take the Peace Bridge during a weekday to complete my landing as it isn’t as busy and has the option for you to take a U-Turn.
Yes "U-TURN" which means you do not have to go to the US side to get the white form, or the refused entry to the US form or anything of that sort. (Do some research on the cbsa website, there is also a pedestrian walkway, who knew?)
When you hit the Peace Bridge/Fort Erie heading towards the US - you will first see the Return to Canada Sign in White Board , keep left lane and drive very slowly - make the U-TURN and drive to any open lane
Remember ONLY PEACE BRIDGE has the option to take the U-TURN , no other bridge has the option, if you take other bridge you may drive too far enter US side and then you will be refused entry to US and go thru the hassles of Refusal entry form etc...
So coming back to my Peace Bridge experience , At the booth, the officer asked me for my passport( spouse and child also) and if I was heading back from the US - Told him I wanted to complete my landed and that I did not go to the US side, but just took a u-turn back to the Canadian Side for entry. Also told the officer that I had been living and working in Mississauga for over 3 years.
The officer asked for my passport and supporting documents and asked me to park the car and head into the building to complete my landing.
The officer was really nice - had a smile on his face, said all the best - gave me a white slip/form that said "Immigration purposes" & thats it :)
Inside the building there is a customs and an immigration counter - obviously, you go to the immigration counter, the officer there asked me a few standard questions, completed all the formalities and gave me a copy of the COPR, told me my PR card would be on its way within 4-6 weeks and congratulated me.
The officer here was very nice as well :)
So finally, everything was done in about 12 minutes.
Sorry about the long winded e-mail - Hope this helps folks and if you have any questions or would like to get any additional information let me know. I would be more than happy to share my experience and provide any suggestions.
Cheers!
H
P.S: I applied under the FSW Class (with arranged employment) in Jan 2009 and landed Nov 17, 2010, it took long than usual my case

MikeUK

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
d-tilley592 said:
Hi guys,

My passport has arrived today. So it took exactly 4 weeks from arrival in London (Feb21) to reach me in Burlington, Ontario (March 21).
Congrats d-tilley! Ours arrived today as well. 5 weeks and 1 day from arrival in London (Feb 14th) to reach me in...London (March 22). The visa was stamped in the passport on March 14th, but took them a week to actually post it (21st).

Just need to land on April 20th and we're all done!! Phew!!

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
MikeUK said:
Congrats d-tilley! Ours arrived today as well. 5 weeks and 1 day from arrival in London (Feb 14th) to reach me in...London (March 22). The visa was stamped in the passport on May 14th, but took them a week to actually post it (21st).

Congrats! Finally it's done, what a relief, eh?
Safe and smooth landing!!! :)

And...thumbs up for those who are waiting passports and PPRs!!

d-tilley592

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
22-03-2011
juljud said:
LANDING WITHOUT GOING TO THE US

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/landing-in-canada/631545013/landing-experience-at-fort-erie-peace-bridge-nov-17-2010

Landing Experience at Fort Erie -Peace Bridge - Nov 17, 2010
I have been reading posts on this forum for a while now - and wanted to write about my landing experience - hoping this will help a few readers.
I called the CIC call center to get an appointment for landing within the local CIC office either in Mississauga or Etobicoke, and was not able to get the line so i gave up calling them and turn to GOOGLE for help and found this number of Peace Bridge CBSA (905) 994-6330, its not toll free so they will pick up in 2 or 3 try
Anyway - moving on to the landing experience - I asked the CIC agent to send me an e-mail about falgpoling to the US and completing the landing process at a Canadian/US border - as I wanted written proof from the CIC center before I actually stepped onto US soil without a US VISA...blah....
So the options I had was to land at either the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls or the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie (both great options as I live in Mississauga)
To begin with I was very sceptical about this "flagpole" thing - I mean, the US immigration officers from what I have heard are exceptionally rude and crazy. May I add, that I hold an Indian Passport - so that makes things ever worse :)
I decided to take the Peace Bridge during a weekday to complete my landing as it isn't as busy and has the option for you to take a U-Turn.
Yes "U-TURN" which means you do not have to go to the US side to get the white form, or the refused entry to the US form or anything of that sort. (Do some research on the cbsa website, there is also a pedestrian walkway, who knew?)
When you hit the Peace Bridge/Fort Erie heading towards the US - you will first see the Return to Canada Sign in White Board , keep left lane and drive very slowly - make the U-TURN and drive to any open lane
Remember ONLY PEACE BRIDGE has the option to take the U-TURN , no other bridge has the option, if you take other bridge you may drive too far enter US side and then you will be refused entry to US and go thru the hassles of Refusal entry form etc...
So coming back to my Peace Bridge experience , At the booth, the officer asked me for my passport( spouse and child also) and if I was heading back from the US - Told him I wanted to complete my landed and that I did not go to the US side, but just took a u-turn back to the Canadian Side for entry. Also told the officer that I had been living and working in Mississauga for over 3 years.
The officer asked for my passport and supporting documents and asked me to park the car and head into the building to complete my landing.
The officer was really nice - had a smile on his face, said all the best - gave me a white slip/form that said "Immigration purposes" & thats it :)
Inside the building there is a customs and an immigration counter - obviously, you go to the immigration counter, the officer there asked me a few standard questions, completed all the formalities and gave me a copy of the COPR, told me my PR card would be on its way within 4-6 weeks and congratulated me.
The officer here was very nice as well :)
So finally, everything was done in about 12 minutes.
Sorry about the long winded e-mail - Hope this helps folks and if you have any questions or would like to get any additional information let me know. I would be more than happy to share my experience and provide any suggestions.
Cheers!
H
P.S: I applied under the FSW Class (with arranged employment) in Jan 2009 and landed Nov 17, 2010, it took long than usual my case
Thanks for the info.... I'm heading down there tonight so it looks like Peace Bridge is the best option.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know how much time you are given to send in your passport once it has been requested. We are looking at booking a holiday and are concerned that it may be requested while away.

We will courier it from Canada to London.

thanks everyone and congratulations to everyone receiving their passport requests and PR.

lnl

MikeUK

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
lnl said:
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know how much time you are given to send in your passport once it has been requested. We are looking at booking a holiday and are concerned that it may be requested while away.

We will courier it from Canada to London.

thanks everyone and congratulations to everyone receiving their passport requests and PR.

lnl
Our PPR letter said "we look forward to hearing from you within 45 days".

Hope that helps.

M.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11

juljud

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
03-04-2011
MikeUK said:
Congrats d-tilley! Ours arrived today as well. 5 weeks and 1 day from arrival in London (Feb 14th) to reach me in...London (March 22). The visa was stamped in the passport on March 14th, but took them a week to actually post it (21st).

Congrats, Mike and thanks for letting us know yoru timeline.

That took very long and you are in the UK. Gosh!
I am still waiting for mine here in Canada, the 5th week now, so being patient and hoping to get it back soon.

Have safe journey and nice landing!

d-tilley592

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
22-03-2011
Hi all,

Just thought I would update you on my landing. I actually ended up doing my landing at Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. We parked the car up and walked over the Bridge. I stopped in the Canadian Border booth but they told me I had to go to the American side first. I did this and the American border people were really good. They gave me an admission rejection letter and then sent me back to the Canadian side. All in all it took about 20 minutes to do the admin at both sides.

Now I did ask the American's if the rejection letter would be an issue with me coming into the states at a later date. They said it was not a formal denial of entry, and if I ever get asked if I have been denied entry to the USA I should answer no. It is purely an administration letter, and they actually said the rejection letter was more for the Canadians than them, and I would have no issues entering the states at a later date.

I hope this helps.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
d-tilley592 said:
Hi all,

Just thought I would update you on my landing. I actually ended up doing my landing at Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. We parked the car up and walked over the Bridge. I stopped in the Canadian Border booth but they told me I had to go to the American side first. I did this and the American border people were really good. They gave me an admission rejection letter and then sent me back to the Canadian side. All in all it took about 20 minutes to do the admin at both sides.

Now I did ask the American's if the rejection letter would be an issue with me coming into the states at a later date. They said it was not a formal denial of entry, and if I ever get asked if I have been denied entry to the USA I should answer no. It is purely an administration letter, and they actually said the rejection letter was more for the Canadians than them, and I would have no issues entering the states at a later date.

I hope this helps.
Very good of you to make this clear, the "denial of entry / rejection" is a matter of confusion for many people.
Do you have different feelings now you are landed?
I bet you will when you use the border next time :)

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
For those of you now in the UK...interesting show on 9pm tonight that might interest you. Panaroma looks at sham weddings so people can immigrate to the UK. Exact same sorts of things happen for fraudsters trying to get into Canada and it is for this reason why CIC take such a long time making decisions on our cases and why background checks are so extensive. Innocent people end up being hurt and having to jump through many hoops because of these people. I will be watching with interest. http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_9433000/9433554.stm