+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Cfcfan

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone, an update on my recent post. I received a reply to my email from LVO when I asked them for an update. I was told that my CoPR had been sent off to me on 30th of November, but I haven't received anything in mail, despite it being almost 12 days since. Also my application status (GCKey) has changed from "approved", back to "your application is under process, we'll let you know when there is an update". Today I'm having trouble logging in to my account as well. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do next?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everyone, an update on my recent post. I received a reply to my email from LVO when I asked them for an update. I was told that my CoPR had been sent off to me on 30th of November, but I haven't received anything in mail, despite it being almost 12 days since. Also my application status (GCKey) has changed from "approved", back to "your application is under process, we'll let you know when there is an update". Today I'm having trouble logging in to my account as well. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do next?
We just got ours and it said it was mailed on 11/23

Cfcfan

Jul 4, 2017
LVO just updated me about the delay. They said that my visa was cancelled due to an error. But they have now put it back in queue to be printed and they will mail it to me after it's printed . I checked my account status online, and everything was changed back to approved again and this time they also included the document about CoPR. Hopefully no more hiccups.

Romeoelvira27

Jun 23, 2017
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
19-05-2017
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-06- 2017
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07- 2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
21-01- 2017
Interview........
n/a
Good morning everyone. I would like to share my timeline and update concerning my application.

NOVEMBER 27, 2016 - POLICE CLEARANCE Check DONE in UAE
JANUARY 21, 2017- MEDICAL DONE
MAY 19, 2017 – APPLICATION SENT to CIC

MAY 23, 2017- APPLICATION RECEIVED

JUNE 22, 2017- AOR1 RECEIVED
JUNE 22, 2017 – CREATED ONLINE ACCOUNT GCKEY AND LINK MY APPLICATION

JUNE 22 2017- REQUEST DOCS: SCHEDULE A
JUNE 23, 2017 – SCHEDULE A Uploaded in IRCC Web form

JULY 9, 2017- SCHEDULE A SENT via express mail

JUNE 30, 2017- SPONSOR APPROVED
JULY 15, 2017 – Additional Documents uploaded status in GC KEY Account
July 17, 2017 – Schedule A Background Declaration received by IRCC and forwarded to CIC, GC Key account has been updated as well into documents is uploaded.
JULY 31, 2017 – My sponsor (wife) received letter and email from CIC informing that the application has been forwarded to Visa Office in London for further verification.
AUGUST 03, 2017 – AOR 2 received
NOVEMBER 09, 2017 – PRE-ARRIVAL LETTER Received and updated on GCKey
NOVEMBER 17, 2017 – Additional documents Schedule A
DECEMBER 09, 2017 – We are processing your background check.
December 12, 2017 – DECISION MADE
December 14,2017 - PPR

Romeoelvira27

Jun 23, 2017
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
19-05-2017
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-06- 2017
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
31-07- 2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
21-01- 2017
Interview........
n/a
Same here. PA is from UAE and holds a BD Passport.
Hi i just want to share to you my updated timeline.

NOVEMBER 27, 2016 - POLICE CLEARANCE Check DONE in UAE
JANUARY 21, 2017- MEDICAL DONE
MAY 19, 2017 – APPLICATION SENT to CIC

MAY 23, 2017- APPLICATION RECEIVED

JUNE 22, 2017- AOR1 RECEIVED
JUNE 22, 2017 – CREATED ONLINE ACCOUNT GCKEY AND LINK MY APPLICATION

JUNE 22 2017- REQUEST DOCS: SCHEDULE A
JUNE 23, 2017 – SCHEDULE A Uploaded in IRCC Web form

JULY 9, 2017- SCHEDULE A SENT via express mail

JUNE 30, 2017- SPONSOR APPROVED
JULY 15, 2017 – Additional Documents uploaded status in GC KEY Account
July 17, 2017 – Schedule A Background Declaration received by IRCC and forwarded to CIC, GC Key account has been updated as well into documents is uploaded.
JULY 31, 2017 – My sponsor (wife) received letter and email from CIC informing that the application has been forwarded to Visa Office in London for further verification.
AUGUST 03, 2017 – AOR 2 received
NOVEMBER 09, 2017 – PRE-ARRIVAL LETTER Received and updated on GCKey
NOVEMBER 17, 2017 – Additional documents Schedule A
DECEMBER 09, 2017 – We are processing your background check.
December 12, 2017 – DECISION MADE
December 14,2017 - PPR

Cfcfan

Jul 4, 2017
Hi, I have another question, if you can help me figure this out? So the LVO sent me the CoPR in mail yesterday. In the mail, they sent over the CoPR document (IMM5688), as I am form a visa exempt country, I should have been issued an Electronic Foil (IMM5785). It even says so on the first page of the accompanying letter. But this Electronic Foil was not included in the mail. Did they send these documents seperately for you? Or should I raise the issue with LVO, that I wasn't sent all the required documents?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, I have another question, if you can help me figure this out? So the LVO sent me the CoPR in mail yesterday. In the mail, they sent over the CoPR document (IMM5688), as I am form a visa exempt country, I should have been issued an Electronic Foil (IMM5785). It even says so on the first page of the accompanying letter. But this Electronic Foil was not included in the mail. Did they send these documents seperately for you? Or shoulud I raise the issue with LVO, that I wasn't sent all the required documents?
Not sure, ours said something about electronic foil but we just brought the COPR to the border and it was fine

Reactions: Cfcfan

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi, I have another question, if you can help me figure this out? So the LVO sent me the CoPR in mail yesterday. In the mail, they sent over the CoPR document (IMM5688), as I am form a visa exempt country, I should have been issued an Electronic Foil (IMM5785). It even says so on the first page of the accompanying letter. But this Electronic Foil was not included in the mail. Did they send these documents seperately for you? Or should I raise the issue with LVO, that I wasn't sent all the required documents?
It is a bit confusing.

You MUST take your original and copy CoPR and present this when you land (as well as your passport of course). The bit about 'electronic foil' is just CBSA speak for saying that they also have your details on their computers (hence 'electronic'). You will never get a piece of paper for this 'electronic foil', nor do you need it.

Useful stuff on the landing process here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

...and a bit more on the 'electronic foil' stuff here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#The_CoPR_covering_letter_mentions_form_IMM_5785.2C_but_it_was_not_attached.__Do_I_need_one.3F

Last edited:
Reactions: Cfcfan

Cfcfan

Jul 4, 2017
It is a bit confusing.

You MUST take your original and copy CoPR and present this when you land (as well as your passport of course). The bit about 'electronic foil' is just CBSA speak for saying that they also have your details on their computers (hence 'electronic'). You will never get a piece of paper for this 'electronic foil', nor do you need it.

Useful stuff on the landing process here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

...and a bit more on the 'electronic foil' stuff here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#The_CoPR_covering_letter_mentions_form_IMM_5785.2C_but_it_was_not_attached.__Do_I_need_one.3F
Thank you and @kcward7. I've been digging through this forum and found the same as well. All I need are the copies CoPR. Not sure why they mention the electronic foil when it's something we never get to see.

Nov 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Unknown
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2017
Hey everyone,

So I'm a little bit late to the party but here's what's going on. I (English, living in the UK) and applying for perminant residancy with my girlfriend (Canadian, living in Canada) as the sponsor. We've lived together for years but due to career circumstances we're living seperately right now (all explaind in our application). Here's our timeline:

4th October 2017 - Application Delivered (by the courier)
15th December 2017 - Application Received by CIC
20th December 2017 - Medical Exam Requested

Now for my question. The medican examination letter states that I need to submit my exam to CIC within 30 days. The thing is, it's Christmas time, and I'm going to Canada for a holiday and won't be back in the UK until 10th. That's still within the 30 day limit so I could still get a medical examination done when I get back. But would it be possible for me to get an exam while I'm in Canada even though I'm from the UK?

Also, how do you find out which processing office I'm dealing with? Looking at the spreadsheet it seems that few people from my timeframe (application received in October) know where their processing office is.

Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey everyone,

So I'm a little bit late to the party but here's what's going on. I (English, living in the UK) and applying for perminant residancy with my girlfriend (Canadian, living in Canada) as the sponsor. We've lived together for years but due to career circumstances we're living seperately right now (all explaind in our application). Here's our timeline:

Now for my question. The medican examination letter states that I need to submit my exam to CIC within 30 days. The thing is, it's Christmas time, and I'm going to Canada for a holiday and won't be back in the UK until 10th. That's still within the 30 day limit so I could still get a medical examination done when I get back. But would it be possible for me to get an exam while I'm in Canada even though I'm from the UK?

Also, how do you find out which processing office I'm dealing with? Looking at the spreadsheet it seems that few people from my timeframe (application received in October) know where their processing office is.

Thanks!
Yes as long as it's done by a panel approved physician, and you will get a letter from LVO if it's being processed there

Reactions: racecar_is_racecar

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
What kcward7 said.

Plus, they wont tell you your processing office until your application is sponsor approved and they have received the medical and schedule a etc.

PS - Do you want your timeline added to the tracking spreadsheet? If so, I think we have all we need, but you would need to keep us updated on progress by posting on this thread.