+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lepp

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
11-01-2011
Hi, just joined this forum - seems like there is a ton of really useful information on here!

Just a quick question about sponsoring my British common-law spouse. I have dual citizenship (Canadian/British) and have been living in the UK for nearly 5 years (we've been living together for 2 years). I'm concerned about proving that I will be 're-establishing' myself in Canada.

I currently work for a British employer, from home, and have permission to continue this employment in Canada. I have a letter from my boss confirming this but I have not purchased flights, rented an apartment in Canada etc. I would ideally like to move with my partner but if his PR hasn't come back by August, I will have to go on my own. We are planning on sending our application next week.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can prove my plans to re-establish myself? If his application is processed quicker than we expect, will I have to move back to Canada as soon as he receives his PR?

Thanks in advance.

d-tilley592

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
22-03-2011
mmhughes said:
Oh dear! I didn't mean to stress you pinklady. And it's seriously not a big deal if they send your application back because you forgot to sign something. In all honsty, it pushed us back by two weeks max. Please don't worry. Historically speaking, Mississauga got in trouble for sending "incomplete" applications to the London office (as I was told). So if you forgot anything most likely they will return your application (yes the entire darn thing) to your house in Canada (assuming that you are the sponsor). If your husband is in the UK right now, and he forgot a signature, I'm afraid you'll have to send that particular form or photos to him in the UK to sign, then he'll have to send it back to you so that you can send off the entire application back to Mississauga. But they will give you a sticker to put on the front of your application with the initials of the officer who is looking at your application. Therefore, it'll be put right on his desk once you re-submit your application and he will process it straight away. Please stay strong and roll with the punches. It'll all be worth it in the end.

PS - you only have to sign the back of one photo per set. They will send you a detailed letter explaining that.
On this subject I was a complete numpty and forgot to sign my passport photos, but my file was never returned to me and was transferred to London. I haven't heard anything from London on this so hopefully they have just let it pass, but who knows?

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
pinklady said:
Oh my Goodness, now I am totally scared!! I am pretty certain that I did NOT sign the backs of the passport photos. I'm expecting sponsorship approval for my husband anyday now and getting more worried by the hour arrrgghhhhh!
We didn't sign one of ours. We didn't get it back from Mississauga nor did london request we send them in with our additional documents. Hopefully if they do want them it will be requested with our PPR and not another additional document request :D i think it really depends on the IO looking at your file. I would say don't worry but i know how impossible that is. So try not to worry too much. In the end it all works out. They will not deny you over something like that. You will get the chance to fix it. If they even require you to sign one.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Thanks guys for your encouraging words.
Fingers crossed!!! I'll try not to stress TOO much!

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
lepp said:
Hi, just joined this forum - seems like there is a ton of really useful information on here!

Just a quick question about sponsoring my British common-law spouse. I have dual citizenship (Canadian/British) and have been living in the UK for nearly 5 years (we've been living together for 2 years). I'm concerned about proving that I will be 're-establishing' myself in Canada.

I currently work for a British employer, from home, and have permission to continue this employment in Canada. I have a letter from my boss confirming this but I have not purchased flights, rented an apartment in Canada etc. I would ideally like to move with my partner but if his PR hasn't come back by August, I will have to go on my own. We are planning on sending our application next week.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can prove my plans to re-establish myself? If his application is processed quicker than we expect, will I have to move back to Canada as soon as he receives his PR?

Thanks in advance.
Lucky you on your employment situation! All you need is an official letter from your employer which sounds like you can get very easily. If you feel you want more proof then buying a one-way flight back to Canada would definitely support your application, which probably will be the cheaper option anyways especially since Air Transat has some good deals going for the summer months.

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
I wonder if signing the back of each set of your passport photos is no longer a requirement for the new application? I sent my application off in September, so I was still under the old system. Also, we missed a signature in the actual paperwork so maybe the officer was like "well they may as well sign the back of their photos..." Dunno! I absolutely love the "consistency" between offices and officers! :eek:

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
When i realized my husband didn't sign his photo's I gave Mississauga a call. They seemed to be more concerned with them being signed if there was more than one person involved in the application. The lady I spoke to did say if they sent the applicaiton back then we should make sure to sign the photos but otherwise not to worry. Although we missed an entire form and didn't hear anyting about that till yesterday. So who knows. lol

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spacey said:
When i realized my husband didn't sign I gave Mississauga a call. They seemed to be more concerned with them being signed if there was more than one person involved in the application. The lady I spoke to did say if they sent it back then we should make sure to sign it but otherwise not to worry. Although we missed an entire form and didn't hear anyting about that till yesterday. So who knows. lol
I guess that it was the additional family information form :)

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
spacey said:
When i realized my husband didn't sign I gave Mississauga a call. They seemed to be more concerned with them being signed if there was more than one person involved in the application. The lady I spoke to did say if they sent it back then we should make sure to sign it but otherwise not to worry. Although we missed an entire form and didn't hear anyting about that till yesterday. So who knows. lol
Hi Spacey, when I put my application into Mississauga, they sent me the whole package back saying I had missed a signature on that very form. It is weird that they didn't catch it back then. I would take it as a good sign tho that they have asked you to fulfill it there and send it back with nothing else to add! ;D

lepp

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
11-01-2011
mmhughes said:
Lucky you on your employment situation! All you need is an official letter from your employer which sounds like you can get very easily. If you feel you want more proof then buying a one-way flight back to Canada would definitely support your application, which probably will be the cheaper option anyways especially since Air Transat has some good deals going for the summer months.
thanks mmhughes! unfortunately not sure when im due to go back to canada so trying to hold off buying a flight but will definitely check air transat when im ready to book. hopefully the letter from my employer will be enough!

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
motul2000 said:
Hi fredrickpedro:

I know some people get their visa the same day after interview, it depends on how much VO believe the truth of your marriage and the evidence you provide.
Do you mind to tell us what was the interview about? What did they ask about?
@ motul200, Theres nothing to be worried about as I have been approved the PR :)..Got an emai very early on thursday, U can read urself:
Dear Mr. ********,
This e-mail is regarding your application for permanent residence.
As a positive selection decision was made after your immigration interview you are now requested to withdraw your skilled worker application.
We are currently awaiting the results of routine background enquiries. Once completed we will provide you with further instructions.
I hope this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely, \
ACD
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
Rob.Barrett said:
Please let us know your case details - seems odd that a marriage called for a interview...
@ Rob.Barrett, Theres nothing odd in calling a sponsored applicant for an interview! It is just to know how truthful your marriage is and all what you have written in your forms. Besides, There are lots of technical questions involved especially if the both parties or either was once divorced

motul2000

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
fredrickpedro said:
@ motul200, Theres nothing to be worried about as I have been approved the PR :)..Got an emai very early on thursday, U can read urself:
Dear Mr. ********,
This e-mail is regarding your application for permanent residence.
As a positive selection decision was made after your immigration interview you are now requested to withdraw your skilled worker application.
We are currently awaiting the results of routine background enquiries. Once completed we will provide you with further instructions.
I hope this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely, \
ACD
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
Hi fredrickpedro:

Glad to hear you received a positive e-mail and hope you will receive the next instruction very soon!!! :D

Do you mind to share your timeline?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I managed to log in on ecas today using the receipt number and it said....

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXX on December 16, 2010.

We sent you a letter on January 18, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Hopefully its good news, then i'll continue on with the waiting game.

Rob.Barrett

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2010
File Transfer...
22/10/2010
Med's Done....
06/08/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2011
LANDED..........
31/03.2011
d-tilley592 said:
On this subject I was a complete numpty and forgot to sign my passport photos, but my file was never returned to me and was transferred to London. I haven't heard anything from London on this so hopefully they have just let it pass, but who knows?
Same as me - havent heard owt either.