+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
FYI, the 2017 sheet is tracking all the MyCIC dates instead of the ECAS ones since there's more info there. It'll take a bit of time before we start getting some info on trends, timings, and so on, but it'll be there evenetually. :) (It didn't make sense to try to add the data to the 2016 sheet partway through the year, would have broken a lot of other formulas and dependencies.)

A few of the charts on the cover sheet haven't been updated yet, I'm waiting for my spreadsheet whiz Andrew-Brit to come back from holiday and save me. :)

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Hi Guys,

I received my GCMS notes and although its a bit early I found some interesting things.

1 My address is wrong under clients details as its got my previous Canadian address. Not sure where they got that from as I didn't even write it anywhere on my form does this happen often? . My address on ECAS is correct though. Should I contact them to correct this? I don't wanna be seen as telling them how to do their job. if so what method of communication should I use.

2. At the end of agents notes the following was added ' File being held for back office pilot project' anyone come across this before?

3. Agent also keeps adding the following to notes ' London applicant do not qualify for OB570

Please can anyone shed some lights on the above please

Thanks for you help in advance

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Londo said:
Hi Guys,

I received my GCMS notes and although its a bit early I found some interesting things.

1 My address is wrong under clients details as its got my previous Canadian address. Not sure where they got that from as I didn't even write it anywhere on my form does this happen often? . My address on ECAS is correct though. Should I contact them to correct this? I don't wanna be seen as telling them how to do their job. if so what method of communication should I use.

2. At the end of agents notes the following was added ' File being held for back office pilot project' anyone come across this before?

3. Agent also keeps adding the following to notes ' London applicant do not qualify for OB570

Please can anyone shed some lights on the above please

Thanks for you help in advance
I agree with what was said in your other thread. It sounds like there might be some new pilot project coming out that has not yet been announced - OB570 refers to Operational Bulletin 570, which doesn't seem to be publicly available (yet).

So I wouldn't stress about it. :)

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
I agree with what was said in your other thread. It sounds like there might be some new pilot project coming out that has not yet been announced - OB570 refers to Operational Bulletin 570, which doesn't seem to be publicly available (yet).

So I wouldn't stress about it. :)
OK thanks

Gravy

Apr 11, 2016
Londo said:
It seems to happen more than you think. CIC mailed out my COPR and it failed to arrive, when I contacted them through a CSE to let them know they sent me a tracking number for Royal Mail. It turns out my COPR arrived in Canada and they tried to deliver it but the address was incorrect, it's now on it's way back to England! I'm not sure how they got it wrong as CIC has my correct address on everything else, although the formatting is wrong. Too much automation that makes silly mistakes at CIC it seems. ::)

HighCeiling

Dec 30, 2016
JamesBox said:
Hi PaulaG, I received DM on Dec 16. Just waiting on my COPR in the post. Be good to share timelines from DM to COPR. I'm expecting mine to arrive here in Canada any day (Xmas delays etc).

Everything went really smoothly with my application, so fully expecting my COPR to get lost in the postal system!
Have you received your COPR yet? ... I am in the same position as you, I have contacted them asking for a tracking number as I assume it has been sent from London by Royal Mail.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
No not yet. I tried to call CIC on friday but gave up trying. Who did you contact and how? London VO or Call centre in Ottawa?

I'll try get a tracking number too. It would be good to keep updating our progress on here.

Where in Canada is yours being sent? Vancouver for me.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
JamesBox said:
No not yet. I tried to call CIC on friday but gave up trying. Who did you contact and how? London VO or Call centre in Ottawa?

I'll try get a tracking number too. It would be good to keep updating our progress on here.

I hope you can get through and get your tracking number, but I doubt it will help much as Royal Mail only track up to the point that it gets put on the plane for Canada, then nothing until it is signed for at the destination - there is nothing fed back via Canada Post, nor can you use the Royal Mail tracking number in the Canada Post website - I had this frustration when sent my spousal sponsorship pack via Royal Mail to Mississauga - it arrived three weeks later!

HighCeiling

Dec 30, 2016
JamesBox said:

I filled out the web form and sent it to London. I am in Vancouver as well. It is always the last bit with the post that is the issue, even in the UK when doing passport renewal etc you always expect the damn things to get lost in the post...Canada is no different. I would be more than happy to have paid CIC to send it via a courier, next day shipping.

Will keep the thread updated with any updates.

HighCeiling

Dec 30, 2016
Hurlabrick said:
I hope you can get through and get your tracking number, but I doubt it will help much as Royal Mail only track up to the point that it gets put on the plane for Canada, then nothing until it is signed for at the destination - there is nothing fed back via Canada Post, nor can you use the Royal Mail tracking number in the Canada Post website - I had this frustration when sent my spousal sponsorship pack via Royal Mail to Mississauga - it arrived three weeks later!
Yep, I am not expecting to be able to track it as such when it has hit Canada, due to Canada Post it is more to at least make sure they have put the right address and have actually sent it.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Yeh I just want to know it's been sent and made its flight to YVR! The fact we're both waiting for our COPR suggests they are just stuck in the mail system post Christmas.

As long as it arrives before March 31st! - that's my entry deadline.

HighCeiling

Dec 30, 2016
JamesBox said:
Yeh I just want to know it's been sent and made its flight to YVR! The fact we're both waiting for our COPR suggests they are just stuck in the mail system post Christmas.

As long as it arrives before March 31st! - that's my entry deadline.
You may be able to get them to print the COPR off at the border if it doesn't turn up, they have access to everything so I am sure they can if required. It is what I will be doing if it doesn't arrive this month.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
HighCeiling said:
You may be able to get them to print the COPR off at the border if it doesn't turn up, they have access to everything so I am sure they can if required. It is what I will be doing if it doesn't arrive this month.
Oh that would be good if they let you do that. I have the two messages they sent me in My CIC so I'd take them with me too.

It's weird how none of the messages that come through My CIC mention anything about received the COPR in the mail. They say you'll receive a COPR and info on next steps.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
HighCeiling said:
There was a thread about this on the British Expats forum here (post no 12):

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/copr-postage-882604/

One of the regular posters there is a CBSA Officer, who basically said (paraphrasing from memory here!) if you flagpoled from Canada (as you guys would), yes, they can print it at the border and process you there, but would only be OK to do so if enough time had elapsed (a month or two), AND you could show proof (email from VO saying approved etc.) and proof that you had chased it to the best of your ability etc.

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
Hello!

I have information for the Spreadsheet via Ottawa,

Sent Application: Nov 10
Application Received in Missisauga: Nov 14
Application to Sponsor Accepted: Nov 25
Application For PR began Processing Nov 30
CPC Office Ottawa
Medical Passed