+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

vickey89

Jan 13, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Is your processing office London? Send a case-specific email marked URGENT (or reply to the email they sent you) and explain you are living in Dubai and would it be possible to get an interview there.

When is the interview scheduled for?

Thank you for swift response.

Yes my my visa office is London. its not scheduled yet, its in waiting list.

if i sent them email to change country does it delay mty case more ?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
vickey89 said:
Thank you for swift response.

Yes my my visa office is London. its not scheduled yet, its in waiting list.

if i sent them email to change country does it delay mty case more ?
NO idea if it'll delay or not. Impossible to say.

The way I see it, you can:
1) wait for the interview ot be scheduled in Pakistan at which point then you will have to travel to Pakistan for the interview.
2) email London and see if they can do the interview in Dubai. It depends if they have an office in Dubai that can carry out the interview. I don't see the harm in asking, worst case they say no and you default to option 1 above. IF you do nothing you default to option 1 above anyway, so there's not a downside IMO.

Side note, in either case, your husband should go to the interview with you.

vickey89

Jan 13, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
NO idea if it'll delay or not. Impossible to say.

The way I see it, you can:
1) wait for the interview ot be scheduled in Pakistan at which point then you will have to travel to Pakistan for the interview.
2) email London and see if they can do the interview in Dubai. It depends if they have an office in Dubai that can carry out the interview. I don't see the harm in asking, worst case they say no and you default to option 1 above. IF you do nothing you default to option 1 above anyway, so there's not a downside IMO.

Side note, in either case, your husband should go to the interview with you.
I have sent an email to them asking to shift interview to Duabi if possible without more delays.. lets see what they are going to replay otherwise i will travel to Pakistan.

is it necessary to accompany spouse to interview ? as i know they will allow into embassy only person requested to come for interview !!!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
vickey89 said:
I have sent an email to them asking to shift interview to Duabi if possible without more delays.. lets see what they are going to replay otherwise i will travel to Pakistan.

is it necessary to accompany spouse to interview ? as i know they will allow into embassy only person requested to come for interview !!!!
I don't know about Pakistan-specific rules and such around interviews, but I know from reading other threads that it looks better if the spouse accompanies the applicant to the interview... but if rules in Pakistan say only the applicant can be allowed into the embassy, well, there you go, lol. I have seen threads from other countries where it looks bad if the sponsor doesn't go with the applicant.

You might want to post on the Pakistan-specific threads to get more insight on this - what others have done and whether your husband can come with you.

vickey89

Jan 13, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
I don't know about Pakistan-specific rules and such around interviews, but I know from reading other threads that it looks better if the spouse accompanies the applicant to the interview... but if rules in Pakistan say only the applicant can be allowed into the embassy, well, there you go, lol. I have seen threads from other countries where it looks bad if the sponsor doesn't go with the applicant.

You might want to post on the Pakistan-specific threads to get more insight on this - what others have done and whether your husband can come with you.

thank you for support . yes i did ask on pakistan specfic threads. lets hope for best.

PaulaG

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
w/ app
DMinty said:
I wouldn't be too down about it, they have only recently onboarded the family class onto that facility. It has only been used for specific streams such as provincial nominees- working trades etc, so I guess it will take a little time before it can read all of the family sponsor/ details

Also it's been pretty much hit and miss to create your account, each time I revisit the site it says my login was revoked, so you have to re- register.

I haven't linked my application yet as its not in process yet, so I just keep to ecas
I tried again today and managed to link it! yay! Turns out I had 1 thing wrong (they asked how many ppl in the application - i had assumed applicant only, but they included me (the sponsor) as well! So now I'm in, here's what mine says:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

DMinty

Apr 30, 2013
Chilliwack, BC (Canada)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2017
PaulaG said:
I tried again today and managed to link it! yay! Turns out I had 1 thing wrong (they asked how many ppl in the application - i had assumed applicant only, but they included me (the sponsor) as well! So now I'm in, here's what mine says:
Did you add your details or the applicants details? What Combination did you choose?

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Update: Received COPR in the post yesterday (26th July). ;D

Good luck to all who are waiting and thanks again for everyone's help.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Philippa said:
Update: Received COPR in the post yesterday (26th July). ;D

Good luck to all who are waiting and thanks again for everyone's help.
Awesome, congrats!

BritishExpats has a wiki article on landing that you might find useful to read through. :)

Best of luck and congrats again! All updated!

pryor

Jul 28, 2016
Hi Guys
Im in the middle of doing outland, (I'm Irish) so it will be going to London offices
I have just had a baby with my Canadian Husband, so I haven't put him down as a dependent cause it said only if there not Canadian, also Im guessing I don't have to do the additional dependant form?

if a form doesn't apply to me , do I still need to print it and write N/A

thanking you, its such a headache :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
pryor said:
Hi Guys
Im in the middle of doing outland, (I'm Irish) so it will be going to London offices
I have just had a baby with my Canadian Husband, so I haven't put him down as a dependent cause it said only if there not Canadian, also Im guessing I don't have to do the additional dependant form?

if a form doesn't apply to me , do I still need to print it and write N/A

thanking you, its such a headache :)
Are you certain your son is Canadian? If you are then no, you do not need to include him on the form. But do make sure you get all his CAnadian paperwork in order - citizenship certificate, passport, etc - and get this done ASAP.

You don't need to print forms you aren't including, just clearly write N/A on the checklist. This is all answered in the FAQ, linked in my signature. :)

pryor

Jul 28, 2016
one more thing, when you don't have enough space and need an extra page, Like family info I have a lot of sisters, and need another page, should I print out the same page and just leave blank the info I already gave, or just I type it up on word? :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
pryor said:
one more thing, when you don't have enough space and need an extra page, Like family info I have a lot of sisters, and need another page, should I print out the same page and just leave blank the info I already gave, or just I type it up on word? :)
Word is fine. Make sure you put the sponsor name, PA name, form number, and question number at the top of the typed sheet and just slot it behind the pages that go with that form. :)