+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Right. So, if they're processing november apps now, its likely another 5 months until I possibly see a DM on my side then?

Kris4ever

Jun 29, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Kris4ever - you are added to the spreadsheet, but I can't PM you back because your inbox is full!
Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet.

I have sent the copy of my passport and the photographs on 30 June.

I hope they will extend my meds as expiring next weekend.

All the best.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
Hey guys we received our copr yesterday July 8 2016! I went to the border and flagpoled it was a nice experience and were so relieved it's over. Thank you to everyone who has posted and offered advice this forum is so valuable whilst going through this process. If possible can someone please update the spreadsheet. To all of you waiting keep your spirits up your copr will come. I felt it was never going to happen some days, checking ECAS like crazy but here we are - stay patient CIC London helped us quite a bit and answered all of our emails throughout this process! we are so grateful but glad it's over. Thank you all

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Gary_87 said:
Right. So, if they're processing november apps now, its likely another 5 months until I possibly see a DM on my side then?
yeah, that'd be my guess. again, LVO is pretty unpredictable so there's always a chance you might see something sooner or later than that.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Awesome. Thanks for the answers/thoughts. Even though it's pretty impossible to gauge a timescale it's nice to have some sort of timeline.

Personally I'm going to go with anywhere between October and end the year!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
JamesBox said:
Awesome. Thanks for the answers/thoughts. Even though it's pretty impossible to gauge a timescale it's nice to have some sort of timeline.

Personally I'm going to go with anywhere between October and end the year!
that's what I'd like too! I'm moving to Canada next Feb/March so would be nice to have it before then. Otherwise I'll just have to wait it out there.

Good luck to you!

tina19

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-16
AOR Received.
O2-04-16
File Transfer...
14-04-16
Med's Done....
17-12-15
Passport Req..
10-06-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-16
Hi all. Can someone please update the spreadsheet. My partner got passport request on June 10, we sent it to London office on June 28 and received COPR in the mail on July 09. Landing at Toronto airport in October. I know it's stressful but hang in there. Good luck to the rest of applications

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Application Approved 24-10-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
tina19 said:
Hi all. Can someone please update the spreadsheet. My partner got passport request on June 10, we sent it to London office on June 28 and received COPR in the mail on July 09. Landing at Toronto airport in October. I know it's stressful but hang in there. Good luck to the rest of applications
I thought UK is visa exempt? Why do you still have to send passport to London?

tina19

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-16
AOR Received.
O2-04-16
File Transfer...
14-04-16
Med's Done....
17-12-15
Passport Req..
10-06-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-16
England2Calgary said:
I'm not sure, sometimes they request it and others times they don't. My VO was ottawa, not sure if that makes a difference and he just sent a copy of his passport

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
England2Calgary said:
visa exempt applicants still get a passport request most of the time (sometimes they are waived). visa exempt applicants don't send their physical passport - they send a copy of the passport to confirm passport details.

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Update:

This information may be useful to anyone who's medical may be due to expire in 4ish weeks.

I had this email today...

"Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your message. The validity of your medicals was extended until 7 June 2017 and your application was subsequently approved. Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) was sent to your Canadian address on 5 July 2016.
We trust the above is of assistance.
Yours sincerely,
RIH
Program Assistant
Immigration and Medical Services Division..."

So I'm pretty certain now that sending the case specific enquiry regarding my medical on 4th July sped up my
application. It may have been due to switch to DM soon anyway as LVO are currently working on October 2015 applications, but the fact they sent out COPR the day after makes me feel like the email helped. It's such a relief to hear from them!

Good luck to all!

gotocanada2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Philippa said:
Update:

This information may be useful to anyone who's medical may be due to expire in 4ish weeks.

I had this email today...

"Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your message. The validity of your medicals was extended until 7 June 2017 and your application was subsequently approved. Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) was sent to your Canadian address on 5 July 2016.
We trust the above is of assistance.
Yours sincerely,
RIH
Program Assistant
Immigration and Medical Services Division..."

So I'm pretty certain now that sending the case specific enquiry regarding my medical on 4th July sped up my
application. It may have been due to switch to DM soon anyway as LVO are currently working on October 2015 applications, but the fact they sent out COPR the day after makes me feel like the email helped. It's such a relief to hear from them!

Good luck to all!
I still don't get LVO... :( I've not received any reply till date. Fingers crossed I'd hear from them soon. my Medicals would expire in August. :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Alrighty. I'm back from holiday and back to work after mat leave which means I actually have more computer time! I think I've caught all the updates, but please double-check or repost if I've missed anything. Here we go.

Mahamn said:
Here you go admins please add me on to the spreadsheet aswell!
Thank you!

Application received in Mississauga: 29 March 2016
Sponsor Approval: 16 May 2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian Citizen
Sponsoring Husband or Wife: Husband
Re-Med Request:
Re-Med Done:
Show “In Process” on ECAS: 16 May 2016
Interview:
Decision Made:
PPR:
COPR received in post:
Location of Principal Applicant (City): Islamabad, Pakistan
Additional Docs Requested:
Added!

JamesBox said:
Spreadsheet update please.

Changes to In Process and 3rd Line on ECAS on 2016-06-20.

Thanks!
Updated!

JamesT79 said:
Final update. We received our COPR in the post on 1 July (the letter was dated 29 June) so all set now!

Ben - We sent our photos and passport photocopy to the LVO on 16 June if that helps.

Thanks again to all the contributors and those who manage the spreadsheet.
Congrats, glad it's all sorted! BritishExpats has a wiki article on Landing you will probably find useful. :) Cheers!

PaulaG said:
Application received in Mississauga: April 5, 2016
Sponsor Approval: 16 May 2016
Sponsoring Husband or Wife: Common law partner (female sponsoring male)
Re-Med Request:
Re-Med Done:
Show “In Process” on ECAS: 20 May 2016
Interview:
Decision Made:
PPR:
COPR received in post:
Location of Principal Applicant (City): Vancouver, Canada
Additional Docs Requested:

We've also provided a dr's letter to let them know we're expecting a baby in Dec and they replied with instructions of how to add the baby once they're born.
Sincerely hoping it will all be done by then :)

Thanks for adding these details for me :)
Added, just need to know which office has your Stage 2, London or Ottawa? It would have been on your sponsor approval letter. I've written London in the spreadsheet, but let mek now if I need to change it.

Gary_87 said:
Hey guys! Turns out I'm a London applicant even though I live in Sydney. Can you add me to the spreadsheet please?

Deets as follows:

Application received in Mississauga: April 22, 2016
Sponsor Approval: 20 May 2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Applicant
Sponsoring Husband or Wife: Spouse (Wife sponsoring Husband)
Meds done: 2016-04-18
Show “In Process” on ECAS: 06 June 2016
Location of Principal Applicant (City): Melbourne, Australia
It does happen sometimes! At least the two offices have similar processing times, so you aren't too put out by going to London instead of SYdney! Added. :)

Philippa said:
Update:

I emailed LVO case specific enquiry on Monday (4th July) regarding my medical that is soon to expire in 4 weeks. Almost made myself insane this past week by logging into ECAS a million times a day since then and I finally just saw "DECISION MADE" today. Absolutely thrilled! Not sure if emailing them had anything to do with getting DM or not. I didn't receive an answer back regarding the email, just the DM status change. Thanks Kingsby for flagging up the idea to do this though.

Thank you to all the advisors and contributors on this forum! Your support is greatly appreciated.

I will now eagerly check the post for COPR.

Good luck to everyone!
Fantastic news, updated! And regarding your second post, the FAQ does say that sometimes it does help just spring things into action if everything else is already done. :)

England2Calgary said:
@SchnookoLoly

Can you update spreadsheet. I received my AOR1 July 7th.. They received my package June 21st

Thanks!
Updated!

JamesBox said:
I've had a look through the various spreadsheets relevant to me: Outland 2016, April 2016 and London but can't find what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a general idea on how long it takes from SA or In Process to DM for London visa office? Not after a exact figure but just a general idea?

Thanks!
On the London spreadsheet, scroll to the bottom of the data section, there are some charts with some stats on Stage 2 processing. It's not as detailed as the other bits, but it'll give you an idea. :)

tina19 said:
Updated!

I think that's everyone...

MissDW

May 5, 2016
Hi everyone!

Could I please be added to the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Application received in Mississauga: July 11, 2016
Sponsoring: Common-Law Partner
Medical done: March 1, 2016
City: Corby, UK

Fingers crossed for a quick approval! Our application sat in Canadian Customs for almost 3 months, uggghh! Just hoping we get approved before we need to apply for an extension on the medial.

Good luck to everyone who has applied recently!