+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Lyse said:
If you are visa-exempt, will you be asked to send your passport at one point for PR?
I'm worried if they may end up asking that as I'm currently in Canada on visit and will need my passport at one point to go back to my country, and then back for another visit here. :/
if you are visa exempt, your physical passport will not be requested so you don't need to stress about traveling. either they will request a copy or the PPR will be waived, and you'll just receive your COPR in the mail. only those requiring visas to travel to canada are required to send the physical passport.

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
if you are visa exempt, your physical passport will not be requested so you don't need to stress about traveling. either they will request a copy or the PPR will be waived, and you'll just receive your COPR in the mail. only those requiring visas to travel to canada are required to send the physical passport.
Thank you a lot!

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
jenniqua81 said:
Hi there,

I am just starting this application for my common-law partner. We live in London at the moment and are flying out to Vancouver on the 5th October!

How long did you application take in the end? When did you submit it?

And also where did you submit it? I am confused by how the guide says to send the application to the Ontario office but people on here are clearly sending to the High Commission of Canada in Trafalgar Square.

Thanks for the help!
Hello there and welcome!

You might want to check out the dedicated London spreadsheet (third link in my signature). It's organized by years (in the bottom tabs) and you can see the average processing time by Visa Office, as well as everybody's timeline. Right now the average is around 9 months for London. There's also a link to the London Outland Sponsorship Wiki page, which is full of useful tips.

All Outland applications are sent to Mississauga (Ontario). Once the sponsor is approved, the PR application is automatically transferred to the Visa Office related to the country of the applicant. In the case of the UK, most of our applications are transferred to London (although some lucky applicants do have theirs transferred to Ottawa, which is one of the fastest Visa Offices!). This is not something you choose. So if you're applying Outland, you will send your application to Mississauga, just like the guide says, and they will take care of the rest.

I hope that answers your questions! Good luck with your application! ;)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
To add to what Charno above said, also check out the FAQ linked in my signature as it answers a load of the questions you put in your post. :)

Shadowsun

Feb 18, 2016
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
16-02-2017
Hi!

I called CIC to see where my application was and what was happening. They told me that I was accepted as a sponsor on May 6th, 2016, and my husband's part of the application was sent to London for processing soon after.

I just received my letter of Sponsorship Approval by e-mail Friday afternoon (dated June 13th, 2016).

So I'm not sure which date you'll want to use for the spreadsheet.

Also he had his medicals done on March 9th, 2016.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I put 6-May as your approval date, but put a note in the comments that you only got the letter on 13-Jun. :) Glad you at least have your answer!

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Shadowsun said:
Hi!

I called CIC to see where my application was and what was happening. They told me that I was accepted as a sponsor on May 6th, 2016, and my husband's part of the application was sent to London for processing soon after.

I just received my letter of Sponsorship Approval by e-mail Friday afternoon (dated June 13th, 2016).

So I'm not sure which date you'll want to use for the spreadsheet.

Also he had his medicals done on March 9th, 2016.
Congrats!! What number did you call for an update? Was it a long wait? This waiting thing is the worst!!

wilbert26

Jun 19, 2016
Hello,

Could you please add me to to the spreadsheet. I am being sponsored by my husband.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 14, 2016.
Medical results have been received. (Medicals Done April 2015)
Visa office: London

I'm really hoping to hear DM soon. We've heard nothing in the last 6 months and it's become really frustrating.

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
wilbert26 said:
Hello,

Could you please add me to to the spreadsheet. I am being sponsored by my husband.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 14, 2016.
Medical results have been received. (Medicals Done April 2015)
Visa office: London

I'm really hoping to hear DM soon. We've heard nothing in the last 6 months and it's become really frustrating.
I'm also an October 2015 London Applicant and I feel your frustration. :( Fingers crossed we see DM soon! Our timelines are very similar.

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Philippa said:
I'm also an October 2015 London Applicant and I feel your frustration. :( Fingers crossed we see DM soon! Our timelines are very similar.
Did either of you receive an actual AOR2 or just the next line on Ecas? I hope you both get a DM soon!!

toeknee

Jan 20, 2016
Toronto (Outland from Huddersfield UK)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
Duffy said:
Congrats!! What number did you call for an update? Was it a long wait? This waiting thing is the worst!!
The waiting game is frustrating but unless your application was sent to Ottawa it is something we all have to do.

As a quick estimation, if Wilbert and Philippa are both still waiting as Oct 2015 applicants. You as a Jan applicant and myself as a Feb applicant should realise that we will have 3 or 4 more months of waiting before even being in their current position.

I have managed to wean myself off checking Ecas at one stage, 2 or 3 times a day to now only once a week.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
Hoping someone can shed some light on the email below which I received today. I have DM and we are still awaiting COPR however today we received the email below out of the blue

Dear xxxxxx

We have received your passport at the Canadian high commission for processing. As stated in the letter sent to you, we require all passport requests to be submitted via VFS visa application centre. Please contact the VAC to enable us to continue processing the application.

It then gives all the VFS details

The reasons we are confused are as follows:
We never received any letter requesting a passport
I have my passport so I don't know why they are saying they have it
I am visa exempt so I shouldn't have to submit my passport anyway

Today I have been to the border in Niagara Falls who have looked at the file and they too are confused and state there is nothing on my file regarding passport requests.

I recently had to send photos but they were send may 25th
We also spoke to VFS who really don't seem to have the first clue, the long other scenario is due to us sending old passports with the original application, perhaps it those passports they want to return.

Has anyone ever had anything like this at all......????

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
beavergirl905 said:
Hoping someone can shed some light on the email below which I received today. I have DM and we are still awaiting COPR however today we received the email below out of the blue

Dear xxxxxx

We have received your passport at the Canadian high commission for processing. As stated in the letter sent to you, we require all passport requests to be submitted via VFS visa application centre. Please contact the VAC to enable us to continue processing the application.

It then gives all the VFS details

The reasons we are confused are as follows:
We never received any letter requesting a passport
I have my passport so I don't know why they are saying they have it
I am visa exempt so I shouldn't have to submit my passport anyway
it is most likely a mistake on their end. double check the file/uci numbers and name on the letter. if it still refers to you, then reply to the email AND send a case specific inquiry, let them know you got a physical passport request even though you are visa exempt, attach a copy of your passport just in case, and confirm the correct mailing address for the copr.

andy1

May 14, 2015
Did a flagpole run to Peace Arch crossing on Friday (June 17th, 2016). Took a bit of time but was very simple and am happy to report my partner now has his PR!

Thanks for all the assistance - couldn't have done it without all the excellent advice from forum members.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
it is most likely a mistake on their end. double check the file/uci numbers and name on the letter. if it still refers to you, then reply to the email AND send a case specific inquiry, let them know you got a physical passport request even though you are visa exempt, attach a copy of your passport just in case, and confirm the correct mailing address for the COPR

Thank you for your reply and help I've copied and pasted the letter it's from high commission of Canada. I sent an inquiry as you said and they have a copy of my passport. I've only ever been asked to send photos. The only other thing I can think of is when I applied I sent all my old passports and they're trying to return those. What do you think? any help is grately appreciated. I was told today by the border agent my COPR awaiting printing I can't see why they'd need my passport or maybe I'm reading the letter wrong and it's Stating they have my passport I'm so confused. Thank you for your help

Dear
This is in reference to your application.
We have received your passport(s) for processing at the Canadian High Commission. As stated
in our letter, we require all passports to be submitted via the VFS visa application centre (VAC).
Please contact the VAC to enable us to continue processing your application, their details are
as follows:
Call centre phone number: +44 203 793 8624
Call centre email: info.canuk@vfshelpline.com
The VAC will ask you to pay a transmission fee, information about this can be found on their
website http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/unitedkingdom/servicechargeschedule.html
Once the VAC creates a file for the passport transmission, they will inform us and we will return
your passport through the VAC for onward transmission. This ensures a faster and safer
process in the return of all passports.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is
your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other
than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal
information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada