+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
meandyou said:
Hi guys,
I finally saw "decision made" online few days ago but have not received any letter or email from CIC London yet. I contacted my mp and asked him to contact CIC to get an update. Mp called CIC and he was told that yes case is closed and we will send him a letter but did not give him any information about my case. My mp specifically ask is there a bad or good news and CIC agent said we can not tell you anything just wait for letter?
I am sponsoring my wife and daughter from uk. Does anyone know why CIC denied giving update to MP?
Please response thanks
You contacted your MP after a few days of getting DM? I'm sorry but it's people like you who ruin that privilege and why they probably responded the way they did. I've been waiting for over 6 weeks simce DM and decided to contact my MP - I can understand you want to know what that decision is but a quick search or check of the forum would tell you that you have to wait a couple of weeks minimum before reaching out . . .I can also see you've flooded the forum with your question in 3 different sections. . I can understand you being eager to find out the decision but It doesn't surprise me that they gave the answer they did and makes genuine enquirers to CIC like mine pretty weightless. Just my two cents worth.

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
meandyou said:
Hi guys,
I finally saw "decision made" online few days ago but have not received any letter or email from CIC London yet. I contacted my mp and asked him to contact CIC to get an update. Mp called CIC and he was told that yes case is closed and we will send him a letter but did not give him any information about my case. My mp specifically ask is there a bad or good news and CIC agent said we can not tell you anything just wait for letter?
I am sponsoring my wife and daughter from uk. Does anyone know why CIC denied giving update to MP?
Please response thanks
MP can't really get more information than you, he can get to thee information faster but can't find out something you can't. the best you can do is wait or get the GCMS notes.

Barrie Bound

Jan 17, 2016
Chachacha said:
You contacted your MP after a few days of getting DM? I'm sorry but it's people like you who ruin that privilege and why they probably responded the way they did. I've been waiting for over 6 weeks simce DM and decided to contact my MP - I can understand you want to know what that decision is but a quick search or check of the forum would tell you that you have to wait a couple of weeks minimum before reaching out . . .I can also see you've flooded the forum with your question in 3 different sections. . I can understand you being eager to find out the decision but It doesn't surprise me that they gave the answer they did and makes genuine enquirers to CIC like mine pretty weightless. Just my two cents worth.
Very irritating, we applied in August 2014 and don't have DM yet, we haven't contacted MP yet, though are going to shortly, as you say it's maybe people getting theirs pushed forward by MPs that has delayed ours.

meandyou

Jan 12, 2016
fr33z3n said:
MP can't really get more information than you, he can get to thee information faster but can't find out something you can't. the best you can do is wait or get the GCMS notes.
Thanks for all responses. But I didn't think it's wrong wanting to know what CIC's decision is after putting your life on pause for more than a year. Getting update on your case should not be a big deal it is everybody's right to know what's happening. If some people want to let CIC do thier job they are doing right now then CIC will never change its policy. It should take years to make decision on family sponsor cases. This is our life they are playing with and wasting it. I have been waiting a year I can wait another month easy but it should not be like this.

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015 / SA: 22-02-2015 / In Process: 16-09-2015
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
CanadaCanary said:
Davemeister - did you find out what you have to do for the PRTD? Is it definitely a same day thing? (Would be awesome if it is). I've gone on the LVO website but can't find processing times for the PRTD if you go in person. I have also e-mailed them to get info.

I am going to UK beginning of March and by the looks of it my PR card will not come before then (I landed Jan 10th).

I will be in London most of the time so no worries for me for going in person but if it takes like 2 weeks I'm screwed.

I've read some places now if you are a non-visa exempt country such as UK you don't need to worry anyway cause usually you'd be allowed in, is that true?! So many options!

I need to work out, it if it's worth just flying return form Seattle in stead of Vancouver to London.
Seems so ridiculous to do that route because their cards take ages and the document they give you when you land is not enough!
Sorry for the late reply! I haven't found any more information about the PRTD at all. I'm still hoping its a same day thing. Normally a UK passport would let you in with no problems, but from mid-March the CBSA are implementing a ETA system. (Like the U.S) It is my understanding that as a PR you cannot apply for an ETA, and without the ETA or PRTD you may not be allow to board your flight.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Davmeister,
I contacted VFS earlier this week who told me that a PRTD is not a same-day deal. It take 5 working days to process, depending on the High Commission (whatever THAT means!).

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Taddy said:
Davmeister,
I contacted VFS earlier this week who told me that a PRTD is not a same-day deal. It take 5 working days to process, depending on the High Commission (whatever THAT means!).
Well, s**t. They must send it to the Canadian High Commission in London. Did they say if you pick it back up in person or if its delivered?

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I forgot to ask, I'll contact them next week and ask.

It's s**t for me too as I'm 4hour from London and only have 8 working days in the UK.

But.... PR card processing times are down (ha ha) to 73 days and some early November landers are getting their cards so maybe....

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Hello folks, thank you very much for the great info and for the maintenance of the spreadsheet. I just applied to sponsor my wife. Here are our details to add to the spreadsheet:

Meds done: 19 March 2015
Application sent to Mississauga: 20 Jan 2016
Application received in Mississauga: 21 Jan 2016
Relationship: Married
PA: Irish

Thanks a million.

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Taddy said:
I forgot to ask, I'll contact them next week and ask.

It's s**t for me too as I'm 4hour from London and only have 8 working days in the UK.

But.... PR card processing times are down (ha ha) to 73 days and some early November landers are getting their cards so maybe....
Where did you see 73?! I only see either 105 or 180..

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
It DID say 73 days on Friday - honest!!!

People are commenting on other threads saying that it said 73 then jumped up to 105 again. I really hope the jump back to 105 is a mistake. It's a bloody farce if they changed it just for one day.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Beckyh said:
Hello

Spreadsheet update.

My PR application status has moved from “application received” to “in process” on Feb 4.

Thanks
Spreadsheet updated :)

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
avro1959 said:
Hello folks, thank you very much for the great info and for the maintenance of the spreadsheet. I just applied to sponsor my wife. Here are our details to add to the spreadsheet:

Meds done: 19 March 2015
Application sent to Mississauga: 20 Jan 2016
Application received in Mississauga: 21 Jan 2016
Relationship: Married
PA: Irish

Thanks a million.
Added to the spreadsheet, welcome :)

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
jb1989 said:
Okay LVO are really testing me now.. I just got my latest set of notes back. The only change is an update from December 2nd saying 'meds on hold as PA is pregnant'.
Yes, I was pregnant when I did my medical... In 2014. Thankfully no I am not still pregnant with an 18 month baby waiting to be born and even if they missed that small detail - I still did the xrays and full medical despite being pregnant so it shouldn't have put hold on anything in the first place!
I guess they didn't receive the birth certificate I sent them 3 times either then? Aaargh.
And to think, I did the xray despite being pregnant after discussing it with my doctor who said the stress of delaying the application would probably be more damaging for the baby than any risks associated with the xray
Update for the spreadsheet I guess..

Okay so after I emailed London last week about this ^^ , I got an email today saying ' our medical department is currently having difficulty tracking your results..' And requested I send them details of when,/where my medical was done and when/how they sent it to London VO.

I called the place I did my medical last week after seeing the update on my notes about my medical being on hold and the office confirmed that they were sent on December 10th 2014 and confirmed that the chest X-ray was also sent at the same time. She also confirmed that my medical stated that I was pregnant but choosing not to defer the xray so there shouldn't be any issues with it. She also said I could drop by to the medical office with ID and pay $10 for a copy of my emedical confirming what was sent and the date it was sent to immigration, so it looks like I'll be doing that.

HannahMac2

Feb 9, 2016
Hi this is HannahMac. I have been unable to post because "I made a post 30 seconds ago from the same IP"?

Anyways, I have been waiting for COPR for just over 7 weeks. I already tried making a Case Specific Enquiry, but they never replied to that.

I emailed LVO yesterday, and within 12 hours they replied and have told me that they mailed it to me on the 28th of January and it will take two weeks to get here.