+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Alieme4

Jul 20, 2015
Assalam o alikum ...i recieved this mail yesterday.any one tell mee about this plzzz........................................Dear Applicant,
Please be advised that this application awaits initial review. We will be in contact once this application has been reviewed.
Please note that this application is well within posted processing timeframes. We will be in contact with the applicant in due course.
Yours Sincerely,

NXR
High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division4

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Alieme4 said:
Assalam o alikum ...i recieved this mail yesterday.any one tell mee about this plzzz........................................Dear Applicant,
Please be advised that this application awaits initial review. We will be in contact once this application has been reviewed.
Please note that this application is well within posted processing timeframes. We will be in contact with the applicant in due course.
What do you want anyone to tell you about? The email is fairly self-explanatory...

Snowglobe

Jul 29, 2015
HI all

I needed some advice regarding my PR Card. I landed on 20 December 2015 and am now awaiting my PR Card. I checked the CIC website which states current processing times as 105 days (plus up to 6 weeks for delivery!)

I need to travel back to the UK on 26 February 2016 for my parents Anniversay celebrations. Looking at the processing times above I won't have my PR Card before I leave and don't think it will come whilst im away.

Will I have any problems at Toronto airport on my return. I am a British citizen so from a visa exempt country.

Would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Taddy said:
I've just been on live chat with VFS in London.

I asked if I could get a PRTD in one day if I submit in person and was told no. The PRTD takes 5 working days to process, depending on the High Commission (whatever that means) as well as postal times too, I guess.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Snowglobe said:
I need to travel back to the UK on 26 February 2016 for my parents Anniversay celebrations. Looking at the processing times above I won't have my PR Card before I leave and don't think it will come whilst im away.

Will I have any problems at Toronto airport on my return.
Depends on when you return. If it's before March 15th, then you will be fine to travel on the strength of your passport. If it's on or after March 15th, then you will not be able to board a plane to Canada without PR card or a PRTD. Alternatively, you could fly to the US and cross the border in a private car or on foot.

Snowglobe

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks Canuck_in_UK

It looks like I will be returning after 15th, probably at the end of March.

So my only options would be to return to the US and cross the border by car/foot (which is more expensive)

OR get a PRTD from London. Will I be issued with one considering I would only have been resident in Canada for around 65 days + im not working in Toronto as yet. Also any idea on how long it takes to get processed...?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk said:
Depends on when you return. If it's before March 15th, then you will be fine to travel on the strength of your passport. If it's on or after March 15th, then you will not be able to board a plane to Canada without PR card or a PRTD. Alternatively, you could fly to the US and cross the border in a private car or on foot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Snowglobe said:
OR get a PRTD from London. Will I be issued with one considering I would only have been resident in Canada for around 65 days + im not working in Toronto as yet. Also any idea on how long it takes to get processed...?
Yes, you would be issued a PRTD without issue. Another poster inquired a few days ago and was told 5 days in London to get a PRTD.

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
6 Weeks now since DM . . MP contacted, Urgent messages sent to CIC, but heard nothing . . .

ANY IDEAS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
Hello everyone!

I want to start off by saying a big thank you (and congrats!) on making this forum and spreadsheet so amazing! ;)

I am a French and Canadian citizen (dual citizenship) living in the UK (near Bristol) with my partner (French citizen). We have applied for the family/common law sponsorship (I am sponsoring him). Here is our info so far:

Date of medical exam: January 14th
Application sent to Mississauga: February 1st, 2016.
Application received in Mississauga: February 3rd, 2016.

I will update when (if!) we get sponsor approval.

Many thanks and good luck to everyone!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Charno said:
Hello everyone!

I want to start off by saying a big thank you (and congrats!) on making this forum and spreadsheet so amazing! ;)

I am a French and Canadian citizen (dual citizenship) living in the UK (near Bristol) with my partner (French citizen). We have applied for the family/common law sponsorship (I am sponsoring him). Here is our info so far:

Welcome . I am from just over the bridge Cardiff . We are all here to help and support you through this process.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
byron86 said:
Spreadsheet update:

Sponsor approved: Jan 5th
Processing office: Ottawa
All updated, thanks :)

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Charno said:
Hello everyone!

Added to the spreadsheet, thanks.

meandyou

Jan 12, 2016
princesstigger said:
Added to the spreadsheet, thanks.
Hi guys,
I finally saw "decision made" online few days ago but have not received any letter or email from CIC London yet. I contacted my mp and asked him to contact CIC to get an update. Mp called CIC and he was told that yes case is closed and we will send him a letter but did not give him any information about my case. My mp specifically ask is there a bad or good news and CIC agent said we can not tell you anything just wait for letter?
I am sponsoring my wife and daughter from uk. Does anyone know why CIC denied giving update to MP?
Please response thanks

Beckyh

Dec 4, 2015
Hello

Spreadsheet update.

My PR application status has moved from “application received” to “in process” on Feb 4.

Thanks