+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Davmeister13 said:
Wow, you've got it even worse than I have!

Information is sparse, but from what I've read, you have to apply in person at London and its a same-day thing. So drop off application and passport early in the morning and pick it up later that day. Some places though said it could be up to 4 weeks! (Vienna Office.) There really isn't much information at all online...

You should totally have your plastic licence by that time. Mine only took 2 weeks before I had it in my hands. I'm in Ontario.
Davemeister - did you find out what you have to do for the PRTD? Is it definitely a same day thing? (Would be awesome if it is). I've gone on the LVO website but can't find processing times for the PRTD if you go in person. I have also e-mailed them to get info.

I am going to UK beginning of March and by the looks of it my PR card will not come before then (I landed Jan 10th).

I will be in London most of the time so no worries for me for going in person but if it takes like 2 weeks I'm screwed.

I've read some places now if you are a non-visa exempt country such as UK you don't need to worry anyway cause usually you'd be allowed in, is that true?! So many options!

I need to work out, it if it's worth just flying return form Seattle in stead of Vancouver to London.
Seems so ridiculous to do that route because their cards take ages and the document they give you when you land is not enough!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
What does going through Seattle give you? You'll still need a PRTD to enter Canada, won't you? I was under the impression that if you go to the visa application centre in person it's a same-day deal - I certainly hope so as I'll be making a special trip to London for it.

beckybrit

Aug 17, 2015
saragunn said:
This post is long overdue. I have been in here reading up on stuff and getting tons of great information, big thanks to the spreadsheet and all you guys who help us in need!! :) amazing! Below is our timeline:

common-law application, stage 2 processing in ottawa:

- We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015.
- We started processing your application on May 20, 2015.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you correspondence on October 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Additional info:
Sponsor was approved may 7th, 2015
In process 22 sep 2015 (i think, thats when we received our first email)

We sent in our requested docs within the timeline (we were given to 27th of nov) and now there hasn't been any sort of update or sign of life since then, hoping that's not weird.. ??? Def wish it was sent to London instead of ottawa.

One question: from what i have read, it seems visa exempt countries don't have to send their passports to london, does anyone know if that will still be the case after march 15 when the ETA visa is required to enter the country?

Thanks again for all your amazing input!!
Another Ottawa applicant! Was beginning to feel like I was alone. My app was received April 13th so we are pretty close in timeline. I also received the request for docs in October and haven't heard anything since. Rumour has it the refugee situation is slowing things down in Ottawa. Hopefully we hear something soon :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Crayon7 said:
Is it better to apply by filling out PDF and then printing it out with writing by hand n/a where needed or print it out and fill by hand completely?
Also what do we do with photos, print them as normal and write at the back or better scan/put them in word with descriptions next to/under and print like this with few on page in normal printer and normal paper?

If I put on form 1344 that we are married and its asking about my family name is that maiden name or married name?
Either way is fine, whatever your personal preference is.

Putting the pics into Word is the easiest way to do it.

Use whatever name is in your passport.

CanadaCanary said:
I've read some places now if you are a non-visa exempt country such as UK you don't need to worry anyway cause usually you'd be allowed in, is that true?! So many options!
The issue is not entry. You would have no issues entering Canada without a PR card; CBSA can see your PR status in the system just by swiping your passport. The issue is boarding the plane (or any other commercial carrier). The airline will not board you without a PR card, PRTD or an eTA.

Taddy said:
What does going through Seattle give you? You'll still need a PRTD to enter Canada, won't you? I was under the impression that if you go to the visa application centre in person it's a same-day deal - I certainly hope so as I'll be making a special trip to London for it.
A PR card or PRTD is not required when crossing the Canada-US border by private car or on foot.

saragunn

May 19, 2015
beckybrit said:
Another Ottawa applicant! Was beginning to feel like I was alone. My app was received April 13th so we are pretty close in timeline. I also received the request for docs in October and haven't heard anything since. Rumour has it the refugee situation is slowing things down in Ottawa. Hopefully we hear something soon :)
Becky! I saw your timeline in the spreadsheet, it's nice to not be the only one "forgotten" :) Been thinking along the same lines as well, with the refugees. Fingers crossed for the both of us! Def let us know if you hear back from ottawa, would be nice to know :)

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
Okay LVO are really testing me now.. I just got my latest set of notes back. The only change is an update from December 2nd saying 'meds on hold as PA is pregnant'.
Yes, I was pregnant when I did my medical... In 2014. Thankfully no I am not still pregnant with an 18 month baby waiting to be born and even if they missed that small detail - I still did the xrays and full medical despite being pregnant so it shouldn't have put hold on anything in the first place!
I guess they didn't receive the birth certificate I sent them 3 times either then? Aaargh.
And to think, I did the xray despite being pregnant after discussing it with my doctor who said the stress of delaying the application would probably be more damaging for the baby than any risks associated with the xray

beckybrit

Aug 17, 2015
I have DM! Is this real life?? Can't believe it's finally happened
Also just received email asking for passport scan/pics/appendix a/self address envelope
Happy Monday!! ;D ;D

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
The issue is not entry. You would have no issues entering Canada without a PR card; CBSA can see your PR status in the system just by swiping your passport. The issue is boarding the plane (or any other commercial carrier). The airline will not board you without a PR card, PRTD or an eTA.

A PR card or PRTD is not required when crossing the Canada-US border by private car or on foot.
So if I were to get an eta and the airline let me board I would be fine? I'm also annoyed by this because I had a work permit in my passport that the officer threw away cause he said I didn't need it anymore. That would have let me board fine.
I guess CIC will know I am permanent resident if I try and apply for eta? I'm also flying back only 5 days after the eta comes in. Jesus, just want to go home for a couple of weeks between work! Might just do the Seattle route so I don't have to worry.

London visa office told me 5 days to process the PRTD but also depends on high commission. So two weeks is probably enough but any less time might be cutting it fine.

saragunn

May 19, 2015
beckybrit said:
I have DM! Is this real life?? Can't believe it's finally happened
Also just received email asking for passport scan/pics/appendix a/self address envelope
Happy Monday!! ;D ;D

Oh my god Im so jealous!! :eek: but so happy for you!!! good to see it working out for someone :D brings me hope! congratulations!!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
CanadaCanary said:
So if I were to get an eta and the airline let me board I would be fine? I'm also annoyed by this because I had a work permit in my passport that the officer threw away cause he said I didn't need it anymore. That would have let me board fine.
I guess CIC will know I am permanent resident if I try and apply for eta? I'm also flying back only 5 days after the eta comes in. Jesus, just want to go home for a couple of weeks between work! Might just do the Seattle route so I don't have to worry.

London visa office told me 5 days to process the PRTD but also depends on high commission. So two weeks is probably enough but any less time might be cutting it fine.

Can get an eta if you're a PR, even without the PR card? I'm going to try and find out today if I can get a PRTD in one day

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Actually, I won't. They're closed.

Idhadda

Dec 1, 2014
Update for spreadsheet - Sponsor Approved 1st Feb. Being sent to Ottawa for next stage (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!?)

beckybrit

Aug 17, 2015
saragunn said:
Oh my god Im so jealous!! :eek: but so happy for you!!! good to see it working out for someone :D brings me hope! congratulations!!
Thank you!! I thought I was still dreaming when I woke up to that this morning. I hope you get some good news soon too :)