+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Idhadda

Dec 1, 2014
Hi all,

Can we be added to the spreadsheet too. Details as below.....

(BeckyH looks like we have the exact same timings as you guys so would be good to keep connected)

Married
I am in Birmingham - UK......Wife in Vancouver
Application sent - December 2nd 2015
Application in Process - January 27th Jan 2016

Let me know if any further details required.

Thanks

Indy

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Beckyh said:
Spreadsheet update.

Sponsorship application in process on 27th January.

Rebecca
Thank you, we just need the update when you get sponsor approval :)

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Barrie Bound said:
Hi, can I be added to the spreadsheet.
application received in Mississauga: 11 Aug 14
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law Married
-Date of sponsor approval: 24 Sep 14
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) London
-Date the permanent residence status changed to In Process on ECAS - October 9 2014
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had -
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt (if non-visa exempt) provide the applicant's nationality - British
-Current location of the principal applicant- Leek near Stoke on Trent
-Date of medical exam - Aug 14

Sent an email on 11 July 15 re. Medical Form expiring, change of address and notifying of the birth of our daughter.
Recieved reply on 26 Aug 15 (only a month and half later!!)
Please be advised that your medical has been extended by a further 12 months and now expires on 06/08/2016. Your file is currently awaiting review by an Immigration officer, as soon as this review is complete we will be in further contact.
Yours sincerely,
LJF
Address was updated on ECAS

**Warning emotional outburst below**
Since finding this forum and realising that the 29 months processing time was just a little exaggerated. I/we have requested notes and sent a few emails but no reply as yet. It's starting to annoy us a bit now, when we applied the processing times were 11 months which worked well with our boy starting school, our baby daughter having her own room (we have out-grown our house here and had to rent somewhere larger), its harder for my wife she is away from her family, they come to visit when they can but they are missing out on seeing their grandchildren grow up, she lost her best friend to cancer before Christmas and wasn't able to be there to support her, her great-grandfather is 90 and in poor health, her sister is pregnant with her first child.

We have included all this in an email but they haven't bothered responding and as helpful as this forum is it's annoying when you see people getting quick replies or visas after 5-6 months.

Thanks
From a very fed up Matt
Added to the spreadsheet. I'm so sorry to hear you are still waiting. I was a 2014 applicant and feel your pain at seeing 2015 people getting approval while you are still waiting. Have you asked your MP to try and find out some information for you?

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Idhadda said:
Hi all,

Can we be added to the spreadsheet too. Details as below.....

(BeckyH looks like we have the exact same timings as you guys so would be good to keep connected)

Married
I am in Birmingham - UK......Wife in Vancouver
Application sent - December 2nd 2015
Application in Process - January 27th Jan 2016

Let me know if any further details required.

Thanks

Indy
Hello,

To be added, can I have the following info please :)

-Date application received in Mississauga

-Date of sponsor approval

-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)

-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt

-Date of medical exam

If you have not had sponsor approval yet, just the date received, medical and if non-visa exempt will do. (we do not log when sponsor approval goes into process)

Thanks! :)

Idhadda

Dec 1, 2014
Received in Mississauga - December 2nd (sent same day)
No Sponsor approval as yet
PA is British citizen by birth
Medical completed 18th September 2015 (we were a bit early with this and the preparation of application took us longer than we had anticipated :'(

Thanks

princesstigger said:
Hello,

To be added, can I have the following info please :)

-Date application received in Mississauga

-Date of sponsor approval

-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)

-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt

-Date of medical exam

If you have not had sponsor approval yet, just the date received, medical and if non-visa exempt will do. (we do not log when sponsor approval goes into process)

Thanks! :)

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
5 weeks and 3 days now since DM was made, wrote to my MP but they've heard nothing! I'm waiting it out in Toronto but was wondering if anyone knew will it be a signed envelope or will it just be posted to the mailbox at the apartment I'm staying at? or left with the concierge? I just don't understand what's taking so long

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Idhadda said:
Received in Mississauga - December 2nd (sent same day)
No Sponsor approval as yet
PA is British citizen by birth
Medical completed 18th September 2015 (we were a bit early with this and the preparation of application took us longer than we had anticipated :'(

Thanks
All added to the spreadsheet, let us know when you get sponsor approval :)

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Chachacha said:
5 weeks and 3 days now since DM was made, wrote to my MP but they've heard nothing! I'm waiting it out in Toronto but was wondering if anyone knew will it be a signed envelope or will it just be posted to the mailbox at the apartment I'm staying at? or left with the concierge? I just don't understand what's taking so long
LVO has been terrible with COPRs lately, it's taken weeks and weeks after DM for quite a few people to get them. Have you tried sending an email to LVO, marking it as urgent?

The COPR will be delivered as registered mail, so you'll have to sign for it. We weren't home when mine was attempted to be delivered so Canada Post left a delivery notice, and I picked it up from the post office the next day.

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you can return from the US in a rented car without your PR card.
Thanks very much!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
elokuu said:
The COPR will be delivered as registered mail, so you'll have to sign for it. We weren't home when mine was attempted to be delivered so Canada Post left a delivery notice, and I picked it up from the post office the next day.
Mine wasn't, it just came in the regular mail and I picked it up from my mailbox.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Hi just quick one

Is it better to apply by filling out PDF and then printing it out with writing by hand n/a where needed or print it out and fill by hand completely?
Also what do we do with photos, print them as normal and write at the back or better scan/put them in word with descriptions next to/under and print like this with few on page in normal printer and normal paper?

I am the one filling most of our application and stressing that I will waste time and do it wrong:/

If I put on form 1344 that we are married and its asking about my family name is that maiden name or married name?

saragunn

May 19, 2015
This post is long overdue. I have been in here reading up on stuff and getting tons of great information, big thanks to the spreadsheet and all you guys who help us in need!! :) amazing! Below is our timeline:

common-law application, stage 2 processing in ottawa:

- We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015.
- We started processing your application on May 20, 2015.
- Medical results have been received.
- We sent you correspondence on October 27, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Additional info:
Sponsor was approved may 7th, 2015
In process 22 sep 2015 (i think, thats when we received our first email)

We sent in our requested docs within the timeline (we were given to 27th of nov) and now there hasn't been any sort of update or sign of life since then, hoping that's not weird.. ??? Def wish it was sent to London instead of ottawa.

One question: from what i have read, it seems visa exempt countries don't have to send their passports to london, does anyone know if that will still be the case after march 15 when the ETA visa is required to enter the country?

Thanks again for all your amazing input!!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Taddy said:
Mine wasn't, it just came in the regular mail and I picked it up from my mailbox.
Your visa office was Abu Dhabi. I was talking about COPR's sent by London Visa Office.

JULESB82

Feb 7, 2015
Chachacha said:
I'm at 9 weeks and 3 days... Emailed LVO 5 times, made 2 case specific enquirys, Re ordered my notes as the last lot never showed up, I contacted my MP on Friday and they are looking into it. The severe lack of communication from London is disgusting, not 1 response from all my emails, if my MP comes back with nothing I have no clue where go next.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
elokuu said:
Your visa office was Abu Dhabi. I was talking about COPR's sent by London Visa Office.
Mine was sent to me here in Canada from Ottawa. I didn't realise LVO did it differently.