+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Update for the spreadsheet: Almost 6 weeks after DM, and I finally have my COPR! It only took a week to travel from London to Newfoundland once LVO actually managed to send it to the correct address.

My country of residence, marital status and date of last entry to Canada are all incorrect in the COPR, but I assume these can be corrected at landing.

Now I just need to wait for the local CIC office to contact me with my landing interview date... I called the call centre about 4 weeks ago to be put in the interview queue, and was told that the wait time would be 3 weeks. Annoying, but waiting for this last step is still much, much easier than wondering where my COPR is or waiting for DM. In the end we were very lucky to get through the process so quickly.

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
taffy7 said:
Ty waiting 20 months and see people get through in 4.. Its a tough wait but its all worth it in the end.
Oh I know I feel for you guys, that's why I haven't really complained because I know people have had it much worse. It's still frustrating though!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
jb1989 said:
Oh I know I feel for you guys, that's why I haven't really complained because I know people have had it much worse. It's still frustrating though!

oh i know. Don't worry i moaned a few times, even thought of packing it all in and returning to the U.K. Have you ordered your notes yet, that seemed to keep me going.

Barrie Bound

Jan 17, 2016
SchnookoLoly said:
The date you know it physically arrived at CPC-M, usually based on when it was signed for. :)
Hi all, have a few questions

Our case says started processing on 9th October 2014, so in process for nearly 16 months now, looking at some of the other old ones (taffy, andrew-brit) they started in process in 2015, should we be worried, well any more worried than we are?

Does anyone have success with replies to emails? How long do they usually take to respond if marked urgent.

We have requested notes, how long do they usually take, has anyone requested them recently.

Thanks
Matt

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
taffy7 said:
oh i know. Don't worry i moaned a few times, even thought of packing it all in and returning to the U.K. Have you ordered your notes yet, that seemed to keep me going.
Yep, I've ordered them the last 3 months in a row. It all looks about finished except my medical is still in process. I should get my next set of notes through this week I think so hoping for some change. I'm in Canada so it's not like we're apart but I have a now 9 month old daughter who has family she wants to meet in England and I don't want to risk leaving and not being allowed back in (even though that's unlikely)

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Current processing time is 100 days, plus mailing time, which CIC states can be up to 6 weeks.

If your card doesn't arrive in time, you will need to either apply for a PRTD or fly to the US and cross the border on foot or in a private car.
Canuck in UK, does this mean if I were to drive to the states for the weekend and come back through in my own car (rented one) I would be ok?
I only have the COPR in my passport at the moment. I landed Jan 10th so no hope of PR card coming before next weekend!

I am also travelling to UK possibly March 5th, I thought it would definitely be here by then but reading other posts not sure. If it is not here by then I guess my hope is to get a PRTD when I am in London (which is where I will be most of the time).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadaCanary said:
Canuck in UK, does this mean if I were to drive to the states for the weekend and come back through in my own car (rented one) I would be ok?
I only have the COPR in my passport at the moment. I landed Jan 10th so no hope of PR card coming before next weekend!

I am also travelling to UK possibly March 5th, I thought it would definitely be here by then but reading other posts not sure. If it is not here by then I guess my hope is to get a PRTD when I am in London (which is where I will be most of the time).
Yes, you can return from the US in a rented car without your PR card.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Barrie Bound said:
Hi all, have a few questions

Our case says started processing on 9th October 2014, so in process for nearly 16 months now, looking at some of the other old ones (taffy, andrew-brit) they started in process in 2015, should we be worried, well any more worried than we are?

Does anyone have success with replies to emails? How long do they usually take to respond if marked urgent.

We have requested notes, how long do they usually take, has anyone requested them recently.

Thanks
Matt
If you haven't heard anything since 2014, that's certainly worth chasing it up. You can order your notes online, they usually arrive about a month after you order them. It's useful to see if you've missed some communication from CIC (rare) or generally what your status is. As Taffy said, they kind of just keep you ticking along!

There's info in the FAQ about how to send emails to CIC... some people get responses quickly, others not so much... but it's worth trying. There's a case-specific form on the website, as well as an email address. Try one method, give it 3-4 days, then try the other method. I'd personally suggest the online form first.

Hope that helps! :)

d1ffer

Jan 28, 2016
Hi,

So i just found this forum and the simply amazing Google spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago, and I would like to add our details to it as the more info is in there the better.

I am a UK citizen (pure fa Glasgow pal) and my wife is Canadian we have applied for the family visa. My wife's Sponsor part has been approved and we have moved to the last stage.

Info so far.
Paperwork sent to Mississauga: 8th of November
Paperwork received Mississauga: 12th of November
Sponsor approved: 20th January
Processing office: Ottowa.

I just wish we had found this tool when we first started filling out the paperwork, it would have made life much easier...

A big thanks to the admin's for maintaining the forum and the very very helpful spreadsheet!

Dif

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Hi Dif Welcome . this is an awesome place to hand out and ask questions .

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
d1ffer said:
Hi,

So i just found this forum and the simply amazing Google spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago, and I would like to add our details to it as the more info is in there the better.

I am a UK citizen (pure fa Glasgow pal) and my wife is Canadian we have applied for the family visa. My wife's Sponsor part has been approved and we have moved to the last stage.

Info so far.
Paperwork sent to Mississauga: 8th of November
Paperwork received Mississauga: 12th of November
Sponsor approved: 20th January
Processing office: Ottowa.

I just wish we had found this tool when we first started filling out the paperwork, it would have made life much easier...

A big thanks to the admin's for maintaining the forum and the very very helpful spreadsheet!

Dif
Welcome,

I have added you to the spreadsheet, please check the details. I have put Glasgow as your location for now as we need a location to add you. If this is not correct, please let us know. (nearest major city is fine if you don't want to be specific)

WeeHippieElf

Jul 20, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 13-11-2015!!!
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 09-01-2016!!!!!
LANDED..........
21-05-2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
back home in Canada now :( i did, however, have the opportunity today to speak with airline reps and Canada border guards about the plans i was asking about the other day - having my husband fly in on a one-way ticket but not officially land at the airport, instead driving to the border and flagpoling - and they said that should not be a problem! hooray!

also, we got our case notes in (we ordered them the day before we got DM) and as it turns out, we did, in fact, get DM on November 11 and were in the print queue for our COPR on November 13, and on November 14 it was cancelled. there is nothing in our notes that indicates why it was cancelled, and we were not asked for any further documentation except for what turned out to be an auto-generated email requesting a new medical that, turns out, we didn't need. so we spent $5 to find out we didn't need to spend $600.. really wish it were easier to get answers from CIC!

on the up-side, we have Condition 51, which means we are legally obligated to live together for the next two years... so looking forward to getting started with that!! :D

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Has anyone been requested new photos for PR card after their landing?

Barrie Bound

Jan 17, 2016
princesstigger said:
Welcome,

I have added you to the spreadsheet, please check the details. I have put Glasgow as your location for now as we need a location to add you. If this is not correct, please let us know. (nearest major city is fine if you don't want to be specific)
Hi, can I be added to the spreadsheet.
application received in Mississauga: 11 Aug 14
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law Married
-Date of sponsor approval: 24 Sep 14
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) London
-Date the permanent residence status changed to In Process on ECAS - October 9 2014
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had -
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt (if non-visa exempt) provide the applicant's nationality - British
-Current location of the principal applicant- Leek near Stoke on Trent
-Date of medical exam - Aug 14

Sent an email on 11 July 15 re. Medical Form expiring, change of address and notifying of the birth of our daughter.
Recieved reply on 26 Aug 15 (only a month and half later!!)
Please be advised that your medical has been extended by a further 12 months and now expires on 06/08/2016. Your file is currently awaiting review by an Immigration officer, as soon as this review is complete we will be in further contact.
Yours sincerely,
LJF
Address was updated on ECAS

**Warning emotional outburst below**
Since finding this forum and realising that the 29 months processing time was just a little exaggerated. I/we have requested notes and sent a few emails but no reply as yet. It's starting to annoy us a bit now, when we applied the processing times were 11 months which worked well with our boy starting school, our baby daughter having her own room (we have out-grown our house here and had to rent somewhere larger), its harder for my wife she is away from her family, they come to visit when they can but they are missing out on seeing their grandchildren grow up, she lost her best friend to cancer before Christmas and wasn't able to be there to support her, her great-grandfather is 90 and in poor health, her sister is pregnant with her first child.

We have included all this in an email but they haven't bothered responding and as helpful as this forum is it's annoying when you see people getting quick replies or visas after 5-6 months.

Thanks
From a very fed up Matt