+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Destrike

May 15, 2015
We got our COPR in the mail yesterday :D Hopefully off to the border tomorrow night! Just to confirm what I need.. my COPR, Passport, and immigration certificate for my current status in Canada (I extended my visitor status). Anything else you'd guys suggest I bring with me? I'm not bringing any goods with me, nor have any to follow.. so do I need to have that goods form filled out or can I just sign one there saying I have nothing?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Destrike said:
We got our COPR in the mail yesterday :D Hopefully off to the border tomorrow night! Just to confirm what I need.. my COPR, Passport, and immigration certificate for my current status in Canada (I extended my visitor status). Anything else you'd guys suggest I bring with me? I'm not bringing any goods with me, nor have any to follow.. so do I need to have that goods form filled out or can I just sign one there saying I have nothing?
I was in your boat - not bringing any goods in.

I brought: passport, COPR and the letter that came with it. Be sure to bring proof of address! Like a utility bill or something. That is all you will need. No need to complete an empty goods to follow list, they never asked me about that at all. Spreadsheet updated.

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
Taddy said:
Kate, I landed in December and still don't have my son's Citizenship Certificate (check, check and check again when you apply because they're really slow and I had mine returned twice due to my error, which has cost me months).
I didn't include my son as a PR and it was never questioned during the application process, arrival in Canada (6 months ago) or when we landed.

We flagpoled to activate mine and my daughter's PR and my sone came along too. I explained that he had a CC in process so they gave him another stamp in his passport and sent us on our way.
Thanks Taddy, that's really useful. Although I know landing etc is a long long way off for us, I still reckon it might happen sooner than getting the citizenship certificates!

Did you apply for his certificate before/during or after you submitted your sponsorship application? Did you include any kind of proof that you'd applied for the certificate in your sponsorship form?

So you didn't include him anywhere on your forms at all? just because you knew he was a citizen and therefore didn't NEED to be mentioned? I just wonder if it might be easier to remove my daughter from the forms? Hmm...I don't know what to do for best!

I'm getting worked up that this will somehow slow everything down, even though surely showing her birth certificate will prove she is my daughter and therefore eligible for citizenship?

Thanks for your help!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I didn't apply for his CC until after we arrived in Canada, so about 6 months after I'd applied for PR for myself and my daughter (my husband's stepdaughter, hence her needing PR and not CC).

I would have included my son on the PR application if it had not have been for advice I was given on this forum not to include him because he's technically a Canadian Citizen - advice which seems to have been 100% correct.
When we arrived in June we made it clear that we were moving (we arrived with suitcases, boxes and dogs lol!) and we intended waiting out our PR application - which we could prove was in process by taking a copy of Sponsorship approval - and it gave us no problems at all.

We have had to take out private healthcare until we get his CC and he has to cross the border every six months until he gets it, but if I hadn't screwed up his application then he would have been getting it very soon.
In hindsight I wish I'd applied for his CC years ago, but it wasn't until I joined this forum that I learnt he was classed as a Canadian Citizen.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Kate CP said:
Did you apply for his certificate before/during or after you submitted your sponsorship application? Did you include any kind of proof that you'd applied for the certificate in your sponsorship form?

So you didn't include him anywhere on your forms at all? just because you knew he was a citizen and therefore didn't NEED to be mentioned? I just wonder if it might be easier to remove my daughter from the forms? Hmm...I don't know what to do for best!

I'm getting worked up that this will somehow slow everything down, even though surely showing her birth certificate will prove she is my daughter and therefore eligible for citizenship?
In the nicest way, you need to chill. This will not slow down or cause any issues with the PR app.

You aren't required to include proof of the certificate app but if you have it, it wouldn't hurt to include it.

The previous poster meant that they didn't include the child as a dependent. Your daughter MUST BE MENTIONED on the applicable forms; not mentioning her is misrepresentation, which can result in refusal and a ban from Canada.

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
In the nicest way, you need to chill. This will not slow down or cause any issues with the PR app.

You aren't required to include proof of the certificate app but if you have it, it wouldn't hurt to include it.

The previous poster meant that they didn't include the child as a dependent. Your daughter MUST BE MENTIONED on the applicable forms; not mentioning her is misrepresentation, which can result in refusal and a ban from Canada.
Thanks again Canuck_in_uk.

You're right. I do need to chill! But your reassurance has really helped.

Taddy, thanks for telling your experience. Now I've properly understood that also makes me feel better about how we are going about things.

The healthcare is something we will have to deal with when the time comes if necessary, I'm just relieved to know that the application can move forward without any delay!

What would I do without this forum?!

Kate

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
So it's coming up to 6 weeks without COPR or any other correspondence since I got DM. I have emailed but with no reply.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice on how to get some information on what is going on?

Many thanks

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
Destrike said:
How did it go?

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
sausageboyuk said:
So it's coming up to 6 weeks without COPR or any other correspondence since I got DM. I have emailed but with no reply.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice on how to get some information on what is going on?

Many thanks
Have you tried to call? I've only been waiting 2 weeks but expect a longer wait because of the holidays etc. 6 weeks is pushing it though . .

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Chachacha said:
Have you tried to call? I've only been waiting 2 weeks but expect a longer wait because of the holidays etc. 6 weeks is pushing it though . .
Hi - yes I'm starting to get a little worries as it seems every one else on the spreadsheet who got DM around the same time as me has received their COPR.

Do you have a number for the LVO?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
For the COPRs that are sent from London to Canada, do you need to sign for it when receiving?

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
elokuu said:
For the COPRs that are sent from London to Canada, do you need to sign for it when receiving?
Hello - no I am based in London right now which is even more surprising as post should only take a day or two.

I have been offered employment in Canada, so I emailed them as 'Urgent' (as the possible employer need to know my situation asap) but still no reply.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
sausageboyuk said:
Hi - yes I'm starting to get a little worries as it seems every one else on the spreadsheet who got DM around the same time as me has received their COPR.

Do you have a number for the LVO?
I'm still waiting for my COPR too. It will be a month tomorrow, since I got DM on eCAS. I live in the UK and I'd hoped it would come this week :(

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
sausageboyuk said:
Hello - no I am based in London right now which is even more surprising as post should only take a day or two.

I have been offered employment in Canada, so I emailed them as 'Urgent' (as the possible employer need to know my situation asap) but still no reply.
Sorry if it seemed like the question was directed at you - I meant to ask it from those who have recently received their COPRs in Canada. I'm waiting for mine as well and was wondering if they'll just leave it in the mailbox, or if I'll need to either be home to sign for it or pick it up from the post office later.

You definitely should've received your COPR by now, but unfortunately I have no other suggestions than emailing them, which you have already done. Hopefully you'll get it soon!

markareader

Jan 13, 2015
Northern ireland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
Doc's Request.
11-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-1-2015
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
DM 17/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/01/2016
Been three weeks now and I am in Belfast. Must be a holiday delay especially as post wast down for 6 days. Anyway I am sure it won't be long for us all now