+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
Thanks Andrew

we have managed to log in now after following your instructions, thank you for that. That said those two options for making changes dont seem to appear so i guess that could be as we are outland applicants. Therefore as you advised we can just send a case specific email to the London Visa office of our address changes?

andrew-brit said:
No worries, a quick summary on ECAS. The first that time CIC contacts someone, they generate a UCI for that individual. That UCI stays with them through all future applications. In my case, in 2010 I applied for a working holiday visa and I still use the same UCI today.

So, as the sponsor this was probably your first time dealing with CIC (unless you emigrated to Canada or what have you). So, assuming this is your first experience with CIC when you received sponsor approval letter that would have been the first reference to your UCI. During the sponsor approval process they would have added your husband to their system, and this step would have generated a UCI for your husband, but you do not know it as they most likely have not sent your husband any communication yet.

So, there are 3 ways to use ECAS.

1. Using the sponsor's UCI (located above the file number in the sponsor approval document) and the sponsor's family name, date of birth and country of birth.
2. Using the applicant's UCI and the applicant's family name, date of birth and country of birth.
3. Using the file number (located under the sponsor's UCI in the sponsor approval document) and either the sponsor's or applicant's family name, date of birth and country of birth.

In your case you should use the file number and your husband's family name, date of birth and country of birth, and as stated previously you should also send a case specific enquiry explaining that the applicant now resides in Canada, give the address, etc.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Spreadsheet updated GreenBlack, congratulations!

Can you look at your row in the spreadsheet and see if we have everything? No missing requests, etc?

I wonder why you got DM on November 9th and they did not issue the COPR until the 26th, whereas if you look at twosteps just below you in the spreadsheet they got DM on November 8th and had their COPR in their hands on November 13th.

I am waiting for COPR so trying to figure out the how and why of LVO!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
beavergirl905 said:
Thanks Andrew

we have managed to log in now after following your instructions, thank you for that. That said those two options for making changes dont seem to appear so i guess that could be as we are outland applicants. Therefore as you advised we can just send a case specific email to the London Visa office of our address changes?
They appear for me if I sign in with either the file number or applicant UCI and applicant's details.

Maybe give it a week or 2 and see if they appear. And yes send a CSE.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Beavergirl, sorry to offer a completely contradictory post, but we did similar in June ( except I'm the UK citizen my husband in the Canadian citizen).

I submitted my application in March and we moved to Canada in June. We arrived on a one-way ticket. My husband handed over one Canadian passport and two British ones to immigration and when asked our purpose of visit to Canada my husband told the truth and said we were moving back. He was asked for a customs value of goods we were bringing and we explained that our shipment would arrive by sea the following month.

We did toy with the idea of saying we were visiting for the summer but three people turning up with three suitcases, three boxes and three dogs seemed a bit suspicious so we decided to save ourselves the stress of lying and told the truth. Passports stamped and we were on our way

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Taddy said:
Beavergirl, sorry to offer a completely contradictory post, but we did similar in June ( except I'm the UK citizen my husband in the Canadian citizen).

I submitted my application in March and we moved to Canada in June. We arrived on a one-way ticket. My husband handed over one Canadian passport and two British ones to immigration and when asked our purpose of visit to Canada my husband told the truth and said we were moving back. He was asked for a customs value of goods we were bringing and we explained that our shipment would arrive by sea the following month.

We did toy with the idea of saying we were visiting for the summer but three people turning up with three suitcases, three boxes and three dogs seemed a bit suspicious so we decided to save ourselves the stress of lying and told the truth. Passports stamped and we were on our way
I did not suggest lying, I suggested making it clear that you are visiting. Telling the officer that you are moving to Canada, when you are only entitled/allowed to visit is a risk and one that I do not recommend.

3 suitcases and 3 boxes is not a lot for 3 people, a suitcase and box each, and the dogs do not really come into it as the applicant in your scenario can leave Canada and the sponsor can still be responsible for the dogs.

You do touch on a good point though, beavergirl as your husband will be visiting I advise only bringing with you an appropriate amount of luggage. Turning up with all of his worldly possessions will raise some eyebrows.

GreenBlack

Apr 27, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Can you look at your row in the spreadsheet and see if we have everything? No missing requests, etc?

I wonder why you got DM on November 9th and they did not issue the COPR until the 26th, whereas if you look at twosteps just below you in the spreadsheet they got DM on November 8th and had their COPR in their hands on November 13th.

Yep information is all correct. We never got any further doc requests as our file included everything under the sun we could think of.

We too were getting quite nervous about why COPR was taking a while to show up compared to others who got DM at that same time. The only thing I can think of is that she changed her address from UK to Toronto a few months ago as she's here currently as a visitor. Dunno if that affects their processing at all (i.e. extra checks in their system).

The letter was sent via air mail, postmarked by Royal Mail and return address was LVO. It took about 17 days to get here.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Sorry Andrew, I read it differently to you. I read it that Beavergirl and her husband wanted to move to Canada before he got PR when she said they want to leave the UK in March and her husband "wait it out". I didn't read anything that suggested the trip to Canada was anything but permanent.

We arrived with 64kg of luggage each. I think it was dead obvious we weren't on vacation.

"Wait it out" were the words we used to the immigration officer so I assumed Beavergirl was doing the same as us. We decided that the risk of running into problems by saying we were moving was less than the risk of being caught lying to an immigration officer. We were prepared to tell him that we would leave if we weren't granted PR but the conversation didn't get that far before he stamped our passports and sent us on our way.

beavergirl905

Dec 8, 2015
Andrew/Taddy

Thank you both for your advice. I think travelling early and waiting it out is the route we are going to take. we are just a little nervous about the whole address change issue. Taddy just out of interest did you email the address change as well as on ECAS? We have looked at ECAS and can not find that option we are going to wait a couple of weeks and try it again.

Taddy said:
Sorry Andrew, I read it differently to you. I read it that Beavergirl and her husband wanted to move to Canada before he got PR when she said they want to leave the UK in March and her husband "wait it out". I didn't read anything that suggested the trip to Canada was anything but permanent.

We arrived with 64kg of luggage each. I think it was dead obvious we weren't on vacation.

"Wait it out" were the words we used to the immigration officer so I assumed Beavergirl was doing the same as us. We decided that the risk of running into problems by saying we were moving was less than the risk of being caught lying to an immigration officer. We were prepared to tell him that we would leave if we weren't granted PR but the conversation didn't get that far before he stamped our passports and sent us on our way.

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated GreenBlack, congratulations!

If you figure it out Andrew ... Please share lol. We are not so patiently waiting for it to arrive and ours will arrive at our lawyers office. Dare I say this part is the hardest part knowing they made a decision, knowing it could arrive any day yet not knowing when ! I am sure the flood of Christmas cards and parcels in the mail will not help the speed of arrival

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Yeah your application is playing on my mind, you got DM 9 days before me so I hoped you would have received it by now. That does not necessarily mean mine might come before yours, we all know how LVO loves doing things out of order.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
beavergirl905 said:
Andrew/Taddy

Thank you both for your advice. I think travelling early and waiting it out is the route we are going to take. we are just a little nervous about the whole address change issue. Taddy just out of interest did you email the address change as well as on ECAS? We have looked at ECAS and can not find that option we are going to wait a couple of weeks and try it again.
Yes we did. I guess we must have done it pretty close to the time of our move (we already had a house to move into and therefore an address). We received all our notifications by email, including the DM and passport copy/photo request. There was a PDF attached to the email telling we what documents to send and where, including a Canadian address if I was already in Canada and planning to be so for at least three more months. I sent my passport copy to Ottawa and they mailed the COPR back to my home address here in Canada.

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
Yeah your application is playing on my mind, you got DM 9 days before me so I hoped you would have received it by now. That does not necessarily mean mine might come before yours, we all know how LVO loves doing things out of order.
Can you believe this !!! I literally sent this message ... started to work again and the lawyer called... our COPR is in her hands approved! He will be picking it up tomorrow, I am across the country so we wont be able to celebrate together but jeepers it feels good. Now to plan our landing at Coutts in the next few days !

thank you to everyone for the ongoing support, online reading and direction... just when you think something is impossible to go through, virtual strangers are there to support and guide us.

Merry Christmas !

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Congratulations! :D

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
Taddy said:
Congratulations! :D
Thank you so much ! quite the process ... with a gigantic reward

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
I just signed into ECAS just using my application number and my info and have the line 'We sent you correspondence on November 30, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required'

This was the email regarding medical questions to see if they can extend my medical.

Interesting though as this doesn't show up when I log in with our UCI and my partners info (He's the sponsor)

Just letting people know to check both. Strange how one is updated but it doesn't show up in the other.