+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

The PubLandlord

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 30-6-2015 In process: 9-10-2015 DM: 05-11-2015 COPR 18-11-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
mcfluck said:
Is there not something that we can do, as a collective, to try and put some pressure on these people? I am nearing one year for a standard straightforward application and think this is ridiculous...I am incredibly happy for those receiving DM from 2015, but it is indeed a bitter pill for the rest of us to swallow....
I hear you. Me and my wife were preparing ourselves for a long wait. We were prepared to wait our turn as hard as that would have been. Don't get me wrong, I am happy we now have DM and can now start planning the next stage in our lives. We have been separated for over a year now, even though we only submitted our app in May. LVO should be doing their best to get all all the old apps pushed through first.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
mcfluck said:
Is there not something that we can do, as a collective, to try and put some pressure on these people? I am nearing one year for a standard straightforward application and think this is ridiculous...I am incredibly happy for those receiving DM from 2015, but it is indeed a bitter pill for the rest of us to swallow....
There is nothing any applicant can do, mate, to put pressure on CiC to expedite processing of applications. Personally, I don't think of my application as being "straight forward" but try to provide as much information and supporting documents as possible and let the decision makers decide if my application is straight or not. Many people get disappointed when their application is taking time to be processed after laying claim to have "straight forward" applications. Remember, we are not the ones doing the assessment. Just relax and hope for speedy processing.

Destrike

May 15, 2015
I'm not trying to play Devils Advocate here, and I agree that is very sucky that some 2014 applications are still in limbo. Hell, I've not received DM yet and may be in the situation you're in next year.

I will say however, that at least it looks like there's movement for most now? Given how long some applications have been open for, details could change, medical needs redoing, if they did change the process then the application could have been passed onto another officer and sat behind applications they currently have in progress. I think most have entered "In Process" in the last few months?

Taking a quick look (and I mean quick so this may not be 100% the case), it looks like "In process" lasts about 1-3 months or so, and I suppose taking into account that transferring an older application/gathering the strings of it may take a little while longer than a fresh one, also considering the longer they have an application it looks the more can go wrong with the process (which is inexcusable!). These last 2 or so months have seen the number of 2014 applications shrink, with dates of "In process" matching some of the newer 2015 applications.

So while it's unfair that you guys have been waiting so long, there's a least a silver lining that whatever process is pushing 2015 applications through, that it could be helping you guys out too, just some need a little refreshing through either amount of time past, or general past incompetence (on CIC's side of things).

DMinty

Apr 30, 2013
Chilliwack, BC (Canada)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2017
Hi,

currently our application is undergoing further scrutiny from LVO. Our case is what i thought to be "Straight forward" however i have come to realise that we are applying in the most complicated of cases.

My partner and I are applying via Conjugal Partner status, hence we are subject to further scrutiny, and we currently assisting LVO by providing extra information.

Not sure if many of you have come across this, but there is access to documents that outline what CIC are looking for in applications... I found it as a result of a family member helping search up on conjugal class definitions.

I hope that this will help others understand what the Immigration Officers are looking at in terms of proof and documents in all aspects of Immigration across all classes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/

the section under Operational Bulletins is sectioned to different types, Inland / Outland (Overseas processing) etc.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Destrike said:
I'm not trying to play Devils Advocate here, and I agree that is very sucky that some 2014 applications are still in limbo. Hell, I've not received DM yet and may be in the situation you're in next year.

I will say however, that at least it looks like there's movement for most now? Given how long some applications have been open for, details could change, medical needs redoing, if they did change the process then the application could have been passed onto another officer and sat behind applications they currently have in progress. I think most have entered "In Process" in the last few months?

Taking a quick look (and I mean quick so this may not be 100% the case), it looks like "In process" lasts about 1-3 months or so, and I suppose taking into account that transferring an older application/gathering the strings of it may take a little while longer than a fresh one, also considering the longer they have an application it looks the more can go wrong with the process (which is inexcusable!). These last 2 or so months have seen the number of 2014 applications shrink, with dates of "In process" matching some of the newer 2015 applications.

So while it's unfair that you guys have been waiting so long, there's a least a silver lining that whatever process is pushing 2015 applications through, that it could be helping you guys out too, just some need a little refreshing through either amount of time past, or general past incompetence (on CIC's side of things).
You only applied in May 2015 so I do not feel for you that have not received DM yet. There are people waiting who applied over a year before you.

I get your point that the old applications may be behind the more recent ones, but in my opinion the older ones should be prioritized, as they have been waiting longer than May 2015 applicants.

It is not really a silver lining that 2015 applications are being pushed through as I'd rather they process them in the order they are received. This is nothing against those being approved, this is all anger aimed at CIC/LVO.

Destrike

May 15, 2015
andrew-brit said:
You only applied in May 2015 so I do not feel for you that have not received DM yet. There are people waiting who applied over a year before you.

I get your point that the old applications may be behind the more recent ones, but in my opinion the older ones should be prioritized, as they have been waiting longer than May 2015 applicants.

It is not really a silver lining that 2015 applications are being pushed through as I'd rather they process them in the order they are received. This is nothing against those being approved, this is all anger aimed at CIC/LVO.
Oh I understand your anger, and I wasn't looking for any sort of feels for not receiving DM yet, more that I accept that there's a chance I may still be waiting this time next year and be in a similar situation that you're in now. I'm just trying to see the plus side of things (no matter how small it may be for some of you who've effectively been ****** over by CIC/LVO).

Perhaps you're right, and the 2014 applications are not being prioritized, and that does suck, and it is very underhanded of CIC who have most obviously dropped the ball and effectively making families lives exceedingly difficult. However, maybe they are being prioritized, but between requesting new information from yourselves, awaiting confirmation of info from wherever they request it etc, as well as having to rectify mistakes that previous officers may have (most likely) made.. newer applications are coasting on ahead during these pauses for information. So the silver lining was more that 2014 applications would finally have those issues sorted, with the added bonus that 2015 applications are progressing quicker, allowing people not to have to be put in the horrible situation that you guys have been.

Call me an optimist, but perhaps if they did not make whatever changes they've made recently, not only 2015 applications, but some from 2014 that for whatever reason were passed over when the majority of 2014 were completed may be waiting a lot longer, so maybe there's a bit of hope in this, no matter how bitter the pill is to swallow (and rightfully so).

We're all in this boat together, even if some have been unfairly bailing water out much longer than others. I'm just trying to be hopeful that the ship LVO has plugged some of those holes. Hopefully you'll and everyone else stuck in limbo-hell will get a speedy resolution soon.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nsr786 said:
Can a COPR holder add spouse to application before landing? If its possible then whats the procedure for it ?

Awaiting response from anyone who go through this ?
If you get married BEFORE you land, you MUST return your COPR and add your spouse to your app. Failure to do so will result in your spouse being excluded from the Family Class and you will never be able to sponsor them.

If you get married AFTER you land, you can sponsor your spouse.

Beal Feirste

Oct 21, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 2015
I find it an absolute joke that someone from the same city as myself applied our months after I did and still got their PR before I did. I'm sorry you can say all you want about processes and the like but it is just not on.

nsr786

Nov 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
If you get married BEFORE you land, you MUST return your COPR and add your spouse to your app. Failure to do so will result in your spouse being excluded from the Family Class and you will never be able to sponsor them.

If you get married AFTER you land, you can sponsor your spouse.
sponsoring a spouse after landing can take up to 24 months. What would you suggest as my COPR is valid till June 2016.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nsr786 said:
sponsoring a spouse after landing can take up to 24 months. What would you suggest as my COPR is valid till June 2016.
I suggest returning your COPR and adding your spouse to your current app.

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
Spreadsheet update.

medical results have been reassessed and is valid until 2016/09/10. He does not require to undergo another set of examinations this year.Please be advised, our office sent you a request letter dated on October 13, 2015 to the following email address ca regarding the application.

They did send me an email stating the received this information however I'm guessing this is a case of one department answering for another.

Good luck all .... 1 year tomorrow since the file was sent.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
WidnesPR were you asked to provide a list of countries visited since your original medical or did they just extend it without any medical related request?

My medical was extended to the same date as yours so it looks like we are in a similar situation!

Also today I got a reply to my email in which I thanked them for informing me that my medical was extended and of course I asked how much longer. They replied with:

We regret to inform you that we cannot provide a more detailed answer or a timeline for the processing of the application. Please note, an officer is currently reviewing your application and will be in touch with you shortly regarding further information / documents that are required.

We appreciate your continued patience
The preview of the email only showed the first few words (we regret to inform you...)So that gave me a bit of a scare.

My last contact with them was on November 4th where I was told my file is awaiting officer review so it seems that is now happening!

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
We've just been sent an email saying final stage of processing...etc please send two recent photographs, updated information chart and photocopy of passport...is this normal?

Also I am getting confused by the wording of where to send this, it says:

A) Submit your package to London

Address etc etc

B) Submitting photocopies of your passport in Canada:
If you are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least 3 months,you may submit photocopies of your passport to CPC-O (Ottawa)

So do I send everything to Ottawa since we are in Canada or only the photocopies of passport? And send the photos and form to London. I know that may seem like a stupid question but it's not CLEAR on this letter...

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
andrew-brit said:
WidnesPR were you asked to provide a list of countries visited since your original medical or did they just extend it without any medical related request?

My medical was extended to the same date as yours so it looks like we are in a similar situation!

Also today I got a reply to my email in which I thanked them for informing me that my medical was extended and of course I asked how much longer. They replied with:

The preview of the email only showed the first few words (we regret to inform you...)So that gave me a bit of a scare.

My last contact with them was on November 4th where I was told my file is awaiting officer review so it seems that is now happening!

They did not ask for any countries travelled they just extended it ... gosh I hope this means we are in the final stages... it would be so wonderful to not have this weighing on our minds at Christmas time!

That preview would of made my heart stop lol ... its hit and miss when and how they respond. I was going to send another note today but I don't want them to get fed up with my emails :eek:

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
WidnesPR and blink1ate2 spreadsheet updated.

@blink I believe you send the passport to Ottawa and the rest to London, but to cover your bases you could send the passport to Ottawa and all 3 (passport scan, photos and info chart) to London.

I wonder why some people get this request for passport scan, photos, updated info chart on the same day as DM or after, and others just get DM then visa?