+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jeswils

May 11, 2015
Hello, I (Canadian) have just been accepted as my partners sponsor for our family class common law application for his permanent residency for Canada. He is a UK citizen and therefore we have been told the application has been sent to the London, UK office for processing as we have applied from outside of Canada (currently living in the Uk). We will be leaving the UK in a months time as my working visa will expire and doing 3 months of travel prior to going home for Christmas.
We are looking for advice regarding his ability to stay in Canada after Christmas until our visa has been accepted as this is what we would like as so not to have to live apart. Is there a temporary working visa he would be able to get? Or if he entered on a visitor visa would he be able to extend this once close to expiry if we have not yet heard regarding his PR application? Could you please let me know if you are able to assist us with advice on this matter.
Thank you!!!

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015 / SA: 22-02-2015 / In Process: 16-09-2015
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
jeswils said:
We are looking for advice regarding his ability to stay in Canada after Christmas until our visa has been accepted as this is what we would like as so not to have to live apart. Is there a temporary working visa he would be able to get? Or if he entered on a visitor visa would he be able to extend this once close to expiry if we have not yet heard regarding his PR application? Could you please let me know if you are able to assist us with advice on this matter.
Thank you!!!
If he comes on a visitor visa he should be given 6 months in which he can stay, but not work. You are able to apply to have these extended 30 days before they expire. He may wish to come through the border and claim "duel intent", although this doesn't give him the right to work. Its more to inform immigration of his future plans. Check out the FAQ in peoples signatures for more details.

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
I know this is a question frequently asked on here but on average how long are you waiting to hear something or see a change on Ecas after you receive sponsorship approval? We were approved in April and app was sent to Ottawa. On the spreadsheet it says average time for Ottawa is 9 months, but on cic its saying something like 17. (outland)

Hansell

Jan 29, 2015
Davmeister13 said:
If he comes on a visitor visa he should be given 6 months in which he can stay, but not work. You are able to apply to have these extended 30 days before they expire. He may wish to come through the border and claim "duel intent", although this doesn't give him the right to work. Its more to inform immigration of his future plans. Check out the FAQ in peoples signatures for more details.
Is a visitor visa the only option? I'm in the exact same situation as my Canadian partner has to leave the UK at Christmas and we are in the dreaded London office waiting list, ideally I'd like to work and it's a shame it's the wrong time of the year to apply for a working visa.

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015 / SA: 22-02-2015 / In Process: 16-09-2015
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Hansell said:
Is a visitor visa the only option? I'm in the exact same situation as my Canadian partner has to leave the UK at Christmas and we are in the dreaded London office waiting list, ideally I'd like to work and it's a shame it's the wrong time of the year to apply for a working visa.
I'm not sure if it is the only option, but it is what I think most people have done. I'll be going over in October to wait it out as Duel Intent. There are working holiday visas sometimes but I'm pretty sure they go in like the first day of applications being open. Other than that their is a pilot scheme for work visas for people who applied Inland, but that means pulling and restarting your entire application.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
mgrandolini said:
I know this is a question frequently asked on here but on average how long are you waiting to hear something or see a change on Ecas after you receive sponsorship approval? We were approved in April and app was sent to Ottawa. On the spreadsheet it says average time for Ottawa is 9 months, but on cic its saying something like 17. (outland)

from what we have witnessed and experienced, the spreadsheet is more accurate, and reflects the true timeline for generally straightforward applications. You should have a decision made within 8-9 months of SA if your application is forwarded to Ottawa. Good luck.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Hansell said:
The visitor permit is the option with an Outland application.. I'm in that boat too and I'm desperate to go back to work! As someone mention the Inland process is the only steam that makes provisions for a work permit for the Principal applicant. This is a trial project though, so who knows if it will continue in the future.

If you are a UK citizen all the IEC visa's (working holiday visa) have gone for this year, the other poster was right, they get snapped up in minutes. Maybe have a look at that for next year if you qualify? The only other option is to get a job offer supported by a LMIA but these are very hard to come by.. I gave up looking after a year as I found companies were not willing to pay the $1000 cost for the LMIA and go through the paperwork and government hoops.

Hansell

Jan 29, 2015
princesstigger said:
The visitor permit is the option with an Outland application.. I'm in that boat too and I'm desperate to go back to work! As someone mention the Inland process is the only steam that makes provisions for a work permit for the Principal applicant. This is a trial project though, so who knows if it will continue in the future.

If you are a UK citizen all the IEC visa's (working holiday visa) have gone for this year, the other poster was right, they get snapped up in minutes. Maybe have a look at that for next year if you qualify? The only other option is to get a job offer supported by a LMIA but these are very hard to come by.. I gave up looking after a year as I found companies were not willing to pay the $1000 cost for the LMIA and go through the paperwork and government hoops.
Thanks princesstigger

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
My husband had a request for a 2nd medical ( repeat ) it didn't say anything about sending the forms back to them . They sent us a form to give to the Dr and he sent them off . Did any one else send a copy of the medical to LVO .

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
taffy7 said:
My husband had a request for a 2nd medical ( repeat ) it didn't say anything about sending the forms back to them . They sent us a form to give to the Dr and he sent them off . Did any one else send a copy of the medical to LVO .
My second medical results were sent by the doctor to CIC via e-medical. I didn't have to send anything to CIC

smily_S

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
7-1-2015
File Transfer...
7-1-2015
Med's Request
26-08-2015
Med's Done....
19-9-2014 & 2-9-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2015
taffy7 said:
I did re-medical today. at first attendant asked for LVO letter/email to do re-medical and to pay fee. then PP checked passport and did X ray. only paper i got from them is re-medical payment receipt.

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
Found out via an MP that our case file is yet to be opened, and ECAS still just showing "application received". All a bit depressing really.

Am very fortunate that I am able to wait it out as a visitor in Canada, but I have to leave shortly for a two week trip away. I intend to re-enter under the terms of dual intent (flight to UK booked, application info in hand et al), but also want to head back to the UK later in the year. My question is this: is there a limit to the amount of times you can use dual intent - is it something you can do once?

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
pete_sk said:
Found out via an MP that our case file is yet to be opened, and ECAS still just showing "application received". All a bit depressing really.

Am very fortunate that I am able to wait it out as a visitor in Canada, but I have to leave shortly for a two week trip away. I intend to re-enter under the terms of dual intent (flight to UK booked, application info in hand et al), but also want to head back to the UK later in the year. My question is this: is there a limit to the amount of times you can use dual intent - is it something you can do once?
No; there is no limit; however, you have to satisfy the CBSA agent every time you come in that you are a genuine visitor that understands the rules and restrictions of being a visitor (no work etc...) and it should be fine

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Just a quick post in here to extend a huge thanks to Andrew for holding down the spreadsheet fort pretty much on his own the past month and a bit - turns out having a newborn leaves exceptionally little time for being able to sit down at the computer! I do keep up with this thread on my phone, but it's difficult to write responses on mobile, and I can't edit the spreadsheet on my phone. Congrats to everyone who has had good news, and nice to see lots of movement coming from London, finally!

Andrew - you rock. Cheers, mate. Hopefully I'll be less useless soon once little one gets on something of a schedule and I can get a bit of a semblance of life back! :)