+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ErinH

Jun 13, 2015
As happy as I am to have a DM, although to be honest there is always the slim chance that it is not a positive decision, although no interview requested, so possibly being a little bit presumptuous, and so we will wait till we get the paperwork before we truly start jumping up and down. I do think the system is unfair and if I was among those have waited far longer than others I would be well annoyed and they should be shouting their complaints as loud and as often as they can! There is no logical reason why someone who applied in December should have been processed before someone who applied in June, October ect. It says so much about most people on this forum that they can offer their congratulations sincerely when they are still waiting! My partner and I have been following the spreadsheet, working on the assumption it would be in order and calculating when we might possibly hear, not ever thinking we would jump the queue

I sincerely hope that you that have waited far longer than us, hear very shortly and I will be jumping for joy for you when I read you finally get your decision. ;)

Back2Victoria

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
Excited to see 7 decisions from London made through August. With so many people in the UK taking holidays in August I had thought it would have been less than that. I know that our office always slows down during this time.

Hopefully you are almost there Cambridge_Quebec. My application was received Nov 2014 so great to see some of the Oct 2014 applicants going into process. Even though it may be months away for us, seeing those green lines on the spreadsheet getting closer keeps us going. Starting to think about de-cluttering the house and fixing it up so it is ready to put on the market as soon as that "Decision Made" comes through.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
When adding a newborn as a dependent to the application,

do we need to send anything original.?? like B form or birth certificate, ??

Can we send upfront medical of our child.???

LVO asked us to inform both offices, but later in the email says send application to CPC Mississauga , which office we have to send the original documents..???

My case is 90% done they already sent original documents back, and last email they sent me that a decision is made on the application but it is pending as wife is pregnant and won't be able to travel, so they hold the decision made for now till the baby information is given to them.

lilianboard

Jun 30, 2015
Vancouver Island
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2014
AOR Received.
18/09/14
Med's Done....
03/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/15
LANDED..........
28/08/15
Landed! Flew back to UK 13/08 to pick up paperwork from brothers house. Done the goodbye business and flew back into Vancouver airport last Friday 28/08. Was mega packed in the immigration section but fortunately these were all students from Japan. I was sent up a side section to the imm desk. Really helpful girl told me some bits and bobs and gave me a book. Then had to wait for interview. 3 questions, have you worked whilst in Canada (I was here for 4 months prior to flying back), have I committed any crimes and to be honest cannot remember last one, but it was not a big deal. Had to wait while the officer punched some details on the screen, then back up to desk to sign the permanent residency paper. Said pr card would come in two months. I did not fill in a B4E form prior to arriving as it said not to on the forum questions and answers secton, (and repeated again not to fill it in!) . Officer seemed a bit puzzled when I showed him the inventory list from Pickfords, went off and took it somewhere (think he was new) Came back and he had stamped and signed it. Only had one couple in front of me, so all in all was in that section about 20 minutes.

So a big thank you to everyone on the forum. I have honestly found more answers on here than the CIC site. It is

extremely helpful to see how other people are getting on and gives valuable answers to all questions.

Hope all the other peeps waiting get their PR paperwork soon. Mine has taken 1 year and 2 months, but we did have to send extra proof to London twice, which probably added on 2/3 months. :D

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
lilianboard said:
Officer seemed a bit puzzled when I showed him the inventory list from Pickfords, went off and took it somewhere (think he was new) Came back and he had stamped and signed it. Only had one couple in front of me, so all in all was in that section about 20 minutes.
Congratulations again! Out of interest, did your pickfords inventory have any values for your goods on it, or was it just a list of the goods themselves?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
princesstigger said:
Congratulations again! Out of interest, did your pickfords inventory have any values for your goods on it, or was it just a list of the goods themselves?

:D :D I need to know that bit of info too . All our boxes are in storage at the moment and the company we are using just told us to write the items in the inventory paper work they gave us .

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
taffy7 said:
:D :D I need to know that bit of info too . All our boxes are in storage at the moment and the company we are using just told us to write the items in the inventory paper work they gave us .
Our inventory list had the values against the items; really it's for insurance because the value doesn't matter if it's goods you've owned and have been using elsewhere.

Jonesy

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Jonesy319 said:
Our inventory list had the values against the items; really it's for insurance because the value doesn't matter if it's goods you've owned and have been using elsewhere.

Jonesy
:) thank you

lilianboard

Jun 30, 2015
Vancouver Island
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2014
AOR Received.
18/09/14
Med's Done....
03/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/15
LANDED..........
28/08/15
My Pickfords list has no values on it, but when the guy came to give me the quote, he asked me how much it was all worth, for insurance purposes and if the container ship sank.....

I was sitting thinking about my stuff that has been in storage for 1 year now plus the cost of sending it to Vancouver Island, besides sentimental things, for me personally, probably not worth it. Still, it will be interesting to see what I did pack!

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
If you've been living together 3 years then you don't qualify as conjugal, you qualify as common law. There's no requirement to be married to qualify as common law, that's why the two classes exist.

You won't be approved under the conjugal class, however your situation is a bit different since you already qualify under common law. I'm assuming your application includes details that you have lived together for 3 years? Assuming yes, CIC may process you as common law. If they do that, and it's a big if, then they'll probably ask for proof of cohabitation.

Also, you don't have to be leaving Canada every 6 months, just apply online for an extension of your visitor status. Takes a couple weeks and costs I think $100. The link is Kubacki the wiki article on spousal sponsorship I believe.

Don't go to pieces yet. Sit tight and wait to hear from CIC. You could also try emailing them but if your app omg just got to London it may not get you anywhere but it probably will make you feel better. Drop them a case specific email (address in the faq), and explain you misunderstood the application classes and you would like to change your file to common law.

For others who have applied as conjugal on this thread recently my advice is to get married so that they qualify under another class... But you already qualify so I'm not sure how CIC will handle that.

Curious for others to weigh in on this one. I say send the email but otherwise sit tight and wait to hear.

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've been doing a lot of traveling. I enclosed rental agreements, bank statements etc in the application so hopefully they will just switch it over from conjugal to common law.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
We received COPR on August 11 and flag poled at St. Stephens NB on August 26. Non event really, only a couple cars ahead of us and the it only took about 45 minutes. Asked a couple questions that are on the COPR, we didn't have good to declare or to follow so now it's done and dusted :) The forum is an incredible resource and a big thanks to all who monitor and respond to people's questions. Still reading the forum every day to see 2014 applicants go green. Hurry up London :)