+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
blink1ate2 said:
I am not really sure why people think it's unfair? if you look at the spread sheets over the years it is clearly not a first come first serve basis. I am sure there is a reason for it that nobody will ever know. Perhaps the Dec Applicants were put on a new employees desk and they are an eager beaver?

Nobody was getting their knickers in a bunch (publicly) when applications were going/staying in Mississauga in MARCH 2015 getting DM - it was luck of the draw - everyone was happy for everyone. People shouldn't feel guilty about posting their good news.

I am sorry, I do feel really bad for the people that have waited well over a year - we all picked a bad year to apply.
People were questioning why some applications were staying in Mississauga/Ottawa though. This is not a new thing.

No one is making others feel guilty but rather wish that the process was transparent. If I applied for my passport a year after you I would expect you to receive yours first. Same thing goes here.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
andrew-brit said:
People were questioning why some applications were staying in Mississauga/Ottawa though. This is not a new thing.

No one is making others feel guilty but rather wish that the process was transparent. If I applied for my passport a year after you I would expect you to receive yours first. Same thing goes here.
The first thing you said to me when I posted that I was IP was "what makes you so special?" - How do you think that made me feel?

This isn't a passport application, sure everyone feels like they have a "straight forward" application but that might not be the case in CICs eyes.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
blink1ate2 said:
The first thing you said to me when I posted that I was IP was "what makes you so special?" - How do you think that made me feel?

This isn't a passport application, sure everyone feels like they have a "straight forward" application but that might not be the case in CICs eyes.
I think you are referring to

me said:
@ blink1ate2 why are you special? I am a September applicant and still waiting for IP!
It was said as a joke as at that time there was not many IP September 2014 applicants, and you even laughed at it! I did not mean it in an offensive way.

No point passing judgement on people's applications.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
andrew-brit said:
I think you are referring to

It was said as a joke as at that time there was not many IP September 2014 applicants, and you even laughed at it! I did not mean it in an offensive way.

No point passing judgement on people's applications.
Yeah I LOL'd cause I didn't know what to say to you. It turns out I wasn't so special anyway as many December applicants went IP.

I wasn't passing judgements on people's applications I was clearly stating you cannot compare this to a passport application - a passport is something everyone has a right to and anyone can apply for.

Good luck every to everyone - wont be updating on my status.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Congratulations.. Very happy for you. Hope our turn comes soon too.

ErinH said:
I write this being so excited for us and yet feeling so guilty for those of you who are still waiting, which seems so unbelievably unfair, but after going into process on Tuesday morning this week, we now are decision made!

I read the post about being 14 months to the day...you don't need flowers (although I think that would be the least CIC could do) you need a decision!

If you could kindly update the spreadsheet for us

blondie2014

Jun 17, 2015
andrew-brit said:
prairiegirl, mhum, hila01, blondie2014, ErinH: Spreadsheet updated.

@ blondie2014 when did your original medical expire? I ask because my medical expires in 2 days and it looks like I will be a couple of months before London gets to me.

@ ErinH congrats, I am glad this process is nearly over!

For those who say that London processes applications in order, please explain why a December 2014 applicant just got DM before earlier 2014 applicants?

Please provide the following:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Finally @ taffy I am glad your husband is here! I hope you get your visa before he returns to the UK!
Not seen anything from CIC indicating they ever extended me, so the medical would have expired in May/June this year. Got email on 22/08 telling me to get new medical, same date as i went "in process".

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
blondie2014 said:
Not seen anything from CIC indicating they ever extended me, so the medical would have expired in May/June this year. Got email on 22/08 telling me to get new medical, same date as i went "in process".
Ah okay so they just let it expire. I am going to email them to update my address back to my Canadian one and ask about my medical.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
taffy7 said:
My husband arrived today for a 6 month visit . He flew in with his cat and two suitcases . He had a return ticket and a letter from his employment saying his job was still open when he returns.

When he went through the gate cbsa asked him,purpose of your visit ( to spend time with my wife)
how long are you staying( 6 months )
Do you have a return ticket (yes)
have you applied for sponsorship (yes) i would like to see proof .. just as well i sent him some
Then he was on his way . They were filming today in Toronto airport , boy i thought i was going to be on Boarder Security lol .

All good now .. now Plod along and wait for DM . :D
So glad it went smoothly for you both ;-)

ErinH said:
I write this being so excited for us and yet feeling so guilty for those of you who are still waiting, which seems so unbelievably unfair, but after going into process on Tuesday morning this week, we now are decision made!

I read the post about being 14 months to the day...you don't need flowers (although I think that would be the least CIC could do) you need a decision!

If you could kindly update the spreadsheet for us
Congratulations!!!!!

blink1ate2 said:
I am not really sure why people think it's unfair? if you look at the spread sheets over the years it is clearly not a first come first serve basis. I am sure there is a reason for it that nobody will ever know. Perhaps the Dec Applicants were put on a new employees desk and they are an eager beaver?

Nobody was getting their knickers in a bunch (publicly) when applications were going/staying in Mississauga in MARCH 2015 getting DM - it was luck of the draw - everyone was happy for everyone. People shouldn't feel guilty about posting their good news.

I am sorry, I do feel really bad for the people that have waited well over a year - we all picked a bad year to apply.
ummmmm mid 2014 when the whole Mississauga fiasco started and people were getting decisions in a couple of months, lots of people were 'getting their knickers in a bunch' and publicly too, on this forum and britishexpats. I've always seen people happy for everyone, no matter how long their application took. I think it's understandable for people who applied early 2014 when the advertised processing time was 11 months, to get extremely frustrated and feel it's unfair when they have still not heard anything, and there are people who applied March 2015 who are already happily living in Canada with their loved ones and able to work. (this doesn't mean they aren't happy for them, just hard to not get very depressed and stressed about your own lack of progress)

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
taffy7 said:
My husband arrived today for a 6 month visit . He flew in with his cat and two suitcases . He had a return ticket and a letter from his employment saying his job was still open when he returns.

When he went through the gate cbsa asked him,purpose of your visit ( to spend time with my wife)
how long are you staying( 6 months )
Do you have a return ticket (yes)
have you applied for sponsorship (yes) i would like to see proof .. just as well i sent him some
Then he was on his way . They were filming today in Toronto airport , boy i thought i was going to be on Boarder Security lol .

All good now .. now Plod along and wait for DM . :D
Yay Taffy!!!!

Yes they were filming at Pearson - for a TV programme about people arriving and being greeted at the airport - we got filmed and they asked if they could use the footage, we said yes - it should be airing in the CBC in January!!!

So glad your hubby got here safely - as I was convinced he would, especially after we did the same thing - although we didn't get asked to show any paperwork whatsoever!

Jonesy

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
canadian1979 said:
Thanks for sharing this . My wife is coming in 2 months while her PR is in process too. My question is can she bring 2 luggages or will the border officers questioned her for that? She will have a return ticket to the UK as well.
I had 3 luggages a fiew carry-on 2 kids buggy and they didn't ask anything about luggages ;) you picking them up after talking to border officer

WeeHippieElf

Jul 20, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 13-11-2015!!!
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 09-01-2016!!!!!
LANDED..........
21-05-2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cambridge_Quebec said:
Got a email asking for remed.
when did you go IP?

Beaverdiva said:
I'll find out the details later for you WeeHippieElf :D
thanks, Beaverdiva! that would be really helpful :)

Pout85

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Andrew Britt all details are in the last post I made?

Missuiga got app on June 4 my wife was excepted on July 30th we are married, my visa office is London im here now in consecon Ontario all info I have is in my last post. I am from brighton in UK.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Jonesy319 said:
Yay Taffy!!!!

Yes they were filming at Pearson - for a TV programme about people arriving and being greeted at the airport - we got filmed and they asked if they could use the footage, we said yes - it should be airing in the CBC in January!!!

So glad your hubby got here safely - as I was convinced he would, especially after we did the same thing - although we didn't get asked to show any paperwork whatsoever!

Jonesy

Thank you .. i'm feeling grateful right now and very happy .7 months is way to long to be apart !!