+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
worriedbrit said:
Hi Laura,
I think we are in the same boat. I was sent a letter requesting more docs on 17th august and havent heard anything since, its SOOOOOO frustrating. I just want this whole process to be over, the waiting without any news is killing me! Have you had any mroe updates since?
What sort of other documents did they request? It seems like London is doing this a lot right now, and it might help others to make sure they have them in there from the start.

err88

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-01-2010
File Transfer...
03-06-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-2009
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
02-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2010
LANDED..........
19-10-2010
I think most people on here are spousal applicants. Mine is dependent child (me being the dependent) and its been 10 months since posting the application, although it is almost finished. I am a british citizen. My father, a Canadian PR is sponsoring me. My brother is also a canadian PR, and my father is married to a canadian woman and has been for 10 years. Spousal applications seem to be sooo much faster than mine. I dont know why!

L

Laura357

worriedbrit said:
Hi Laura,
I think we are in the same boat. I was sent a letter requesting more docs on 17th august and havent heard anything since, its SOOOOOO frustrating. I just want this whole process to be over, the waiting without any news is killing me! Have you had any mroe updates since?
It's been 2 months now since i sent the extra docs in and no more updates since that e-mail saying they received the correspondence! Very, very frustrating! I'm hoping it will be soon!!!

L

Laura357

MandiF said:
What sort of other documents did they request? It seems like London is doing this a lot right now, and it might help others to make sure they have them in there from the start.
They requested more proof that me and my common law partner resided together for 12 months.. There was a few months that we did not send enough proof for when we lived with my partners father (other than a letter from him)
We sent in more letters and board receipts..

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
MandiF said:
Hope someone can help, as not sure what to do with the laboratory report sent to me after my medical examination.

I just received my Laboratory report from my medical, although I had already put into my pack ready to go the Medical Report Section A that the doctors gave to me after my examination.

Should I also put this into the pack to be sent off with everything else, or was this sent to me just so I know the results of my blood tests?

If anyone has any idea, that would be really useful.

Thanks
You dont usually get any reports back from your medical..there must have been something the DMP needed you to see..Usually only section A of the medical report goes into your application

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
britincanada said:
You dont usually get any reports back from your medical..there must have been something the DMP needed you to see..Usually only section A of the medical report goes into your application
Very strange then, as I got sent copies of my lab reports which were all negative by the way - so shall I just leave that out and just put in the Section A?

W

worriedbrit

MandiF said:
They just wanted more proof of a genuine longterm relationship from me. I applied as conjugal which I have now learned :( is the hardest to prove. I was able to send more info though and now just waiting on a response. Although I must admit, I am not hopeful!

W

worriedbrit

Laura357 said:
It's been 2 months now since i sent the extra docs in and no more updates since that e-mail saying they received the correspondence! Very, very frustrating! I'm hoping it will be soon!!!
Its been 6 weeks now since I got the letter asking for more info. I had to respond within 60 days, so I am assuming they will wait for the full 60 days before they contact me again. Its all I can think about at the moment. But it is kinda comforting knowing others are going through the same thing.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Thanks Laura & Worriedbrit, hope that you get the result we're all after, at least they asked for additional info and didn't just reject it, so that must be quite a good thing!

;D

W

worriedbrit

Does anyone want to share any interview experiences? I am thinking I will be asked for one. Also, roughly how long between the interview request and the interview date?

B

buddhadimple

Is anyone here applying as a Common Law Partner?

We applied visa London but no word on London receiving the app from Mississauga yet.

We provided pretty much all documents we had so hopefully they won't request more.

W

worriedbrit

buddhadimple said:
Is anyone here applying as a Common Law Partner?

We applied visa London but no word on London receiving the app from Mississauga yet.

We provided pretty much all documents we had so hopefully they won't request more.
Hey,
I posted my application on may 31st and received a letter at the end of june from mississauga stating that they had forwarded it to london. It was the 15th July when london began processing the application and another month before i received the letter requesting more docs.
SO don't worry about not having heard anything. They don't like to rush these things in the visa offices!! :)

B

buddhadimple

worriedbrit said:
Hey,
I posted my application on may 31st and received a letter at the end of june from mississauga stating that they had forwarded it to london. It was the 15th July when london began processing the application and another month before i received the letter requesting more docs.
SO don't worry about not having heard anything. They don't like to rush these things in the visa offices!! :)
Haha good to know. I hope they don't request more docs - I don't think we have much else to give!!

I just realised I typed "We applied visa London "... I meant we applied "VIA London" ... I've got Visa on the brain!

W

worriedbrit

buddhadimple said:
Haha good to know. I hope they don't request more docs - I don't think we have much else to give!!

I just realised I typed "We applied visa London "... I meant we applied "VIA London" ... I've got Visa on the brain!
I didnt even notice, I guess I've got visa on the brain too! I reckon you'll probably hear something from them in the next 2 weeks or so. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Its so frustrating. I just want some information!!!!

W

worriedbrit

anyone know how long it usually is between the interview request letter being received and the actual interview date? Expecting to get a letter sometime soon and was just wondering. Any answer much appreciated!
Thanks!!