+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Nabsnunu

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2015
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated. Ottawa sometimes does this; ECAS shows DM and then the request for passport comes later. You are nearly there!
Thanks Andrew - I really hope yours comes through soon! Just need to wait for the actual COPR now. Thanks for your help.

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
Hello,
Is it possible to be added to the spreadsheet for London? I'm sponsoring my husband who is from London UK, our application is an outland application as we were told this was the quickest process. I've recently been so worried about the process taking the 28 months it says on the website. From everything I'm reading on this forum we should be able to expect the usual 11 months or so. My lawyer however has advised me just yesterday that it will take much longer than a year and that everything I read is likely false. At this point I'm considering moving back to London temporarily as I have dual citizenship Canadian/ European passports and have already lived there for 11 years. I'd rather not as moving is always a big expense and I'm now settled in Vancouver, we really just want to move forward, making Canada our home.

This is my information for the spreadsheet, I wasn't sure how to be added:
Please provide the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 1, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: December 2, 2014
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London, UK
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: non
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Non-visa exempt, he's a UK Citizen
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! Vancouver, Canada

Thank you am so grateful for this forum, it's giving me hope regardless of what my lawyer is saying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
coelho said:
I've recently been so worried about the process taking the 28 months it says on the website. From everything I'm reading on this forum we should be able to expect the usual 11 months or so. My lawyer however has advised me just yesterday that it will take much longer than a year and that everything I read is likely false.
Ditch the lawyer. Even the London office has specifically stated that the posted processing time has been grossly inflated due to the Islamabad backlog and that it doesn't apply to straightforward visa-exempt apps. Go by the spreadsheet for the most accurate information.

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Ditch the lawyer. Even the London office has specifically stated that the posted processing time has been grossly inflated due to the Islamabad backlog and that it doesn't apply to straightforward visa-exempt apps. Go by the spreadsheet for the most accurate information.
Thank you so much for your quick reply, this makes me feel more confident with our plans

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
Hi guys, need assistance from you...

Document Checklist - Sponsor on page 2, # 20, it says..

If you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you must include proof that you intend to live in
Canada with your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and/or dependent children once the become
permanent residents of Canada. See Who can sponsor? in your guide for additional information.

Guide - 3900 page # 7
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal
partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must
demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent
resident.

I don't find any information regarding what documents to provide to the CIC. My situation is as under:

Citizen since 2008, Married in 2011, my wife gave birth to our Son in December 2012, Son is a Citizen.. we got proof of citizenship Certificate and His Limited passport..

I have running bank account in Canada, have line-of-Credit, Credit Cards.. but I don't have any address because I was living in sharing accommodations.. I am Disable since 2005, got ODSP approved in 2007.. I don't have much friends, at least I have no one who can give me a letter that I will be coming back living in Canada once I get my wife's visa, and my wife is not allowing me to leave without hers.. she just can't. Now you guys tell me what documents should I submit with my application for "intend to live in Canada once my wife become permanent resident"

I left Canada in 2010, because of my mother was seriously sick and she died in 2011 due to Cancer, my father died in 2013.

Note: I am to pay my fees from my credit card by easy-web.. ( I have TD bank account).

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
coelho said:
Hello,
Is it possible to be added to the spreadsheet for London? I'm sponsoring my husband who is from London UK, our application is an outland application as we were told this was the quickest process. I've recently been so worried about the process taking the 28 months it says on the website. From everything I'm reading on this forum we should be able to expect the usual 11 months or so. My lawyer however has advised me just yesterday that it will take much longer than a year and that everything I read is likely false. At this point I'm considering moving back to London temporarily as I have dual citizenship Canadian/ European passports and have already lived there for 11 years. I'd rather not as moving is always a big expense and I'm now settled in Vancouver, we really just want to move forward, making Canada our home.

This is my information for the spreadsheet, I wasn't sure how to be added:
Please provide the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 1, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: December 2, 2014
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London, UK
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: non
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Non-visa exempt, he's a UK Citizen
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! Vancouver, Canada

Thank you am so grateful for this forum, it's giving me hope regardless of what my lawyer is saying.
I have added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome!

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
ipoo said:

If you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you must include proof that you intend to live in
Canada with your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and/or dependent children once the become
permanent residents of Canada. See Who can sponsor? in your guide for additional information.

Guide - 3900 page # 7
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal
partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must
demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent
resident.

I don't find any information regarding what documents to provide to the CIC. My situation is as under:

Citizen since 2008, Married in 2011, my wife gave birth to our Son in December 2012, Son is a Citizen.. we got proof of citizenship Certificate and His Limited passport..

I have running bank account in Canada, have line-of-Credit, Credit Cards.. but I don't have any address because I was living in sharing accommodations.. I am Disable since 2005, got ODSP approved in 2007.. I don't have much friends, at least I have no one who can give me a letter that I will be coming back living in Canada once I get my wife's visa, and my wife is not allowing me to leave without hers.. she just can't. Now you guys tell me what documents should I submit with my application for "intend to live in Canada once my wife become permanent resident"

I left Canada in 2010, because of my mother was seriously sick and she died in 2011 due to Cancer, my father died in 2013.

Note: I am to pay my fees from my credit card by easy-web.. ( I have TD bank account).
The guide you mentioned in your query also mentioned to either provide lease of apartment, job offer letter, college admission letter etc. as your proof of intend to live in Canada.

However, if you have none of these then write a comprehensive two pager on a simple paper mentioning how you and your family will live in Canada and what are your future plans. Also attach copies of correspondence: with schools where your kid will get admission, job hunters, employers, apartment lease companies etc., correspondence with friends who can support you by providing accommodation for few days until you get an apartment on lease, correspondence with some volunteer organizations, like YMCA, YWCA etc.

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
ipoo said:

Guide - 3900 page # 7
resident.

I wrote an extensive essay as mentioned by others with potential jobs and houses we would go for. I also included with mine a quote from a removal company to move from Edinburgh to Vancouver. I later sent flight tickets and a lease agreement documents to London Visa Office to add to my application though I did not have these at the time I applied.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
12 months later and i'm still waiting word from London. Any communication would be nice . Hoping my notes will show some progress .

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
taffy7 said:
12 months later and i'm still waiting word from London. Any communication would be nice . Hoping my notes will show some progress .
I'm also nearly at a year myself. My medical also expired a couple of days ago and they haven't even contacted me. Looks like they're putting the Islamabad applicants before the UK ones now.

Apr 5, 2015
Hi all,

Hereby an update for the spreadsheet.

We got questions to our application Today from Ottawa. They asked for additional proof of intent to return.

Thanks for the hard work put into this!

Cheers!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Scotmoose said:
I'm also nearly at a year myself. My medical also expired a couple of days ago and they haven't even contacted me. Looks like they're putting the Islamabad applicants before the UK ones now.
It does look that way :'(

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Scotmoose said:

I think your right there. :(

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
maybe because they have bombarded them with questions and inquiring about status updates?