+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Salar123 said:
Hello,

I need EMERGENCY HELP.

I applied my case on 8th Aug 2014. Got remedical request on 28-05-2015 and in the letter from CIC it is clearly mentioned that I have 7 days to comply with the request.
I sent mail for appointment. but the appointment i have been given is after the 7 days limit. i have sent them many mails but they wont reply and give me any new appointment.
Can someone please guide me what to do as it is clearly mention in the letter that failure in complying with the request may result in refusal of my application.

request to all senior members for advice.

Is there anyone facing the same problem,??

Regards
Did you try emailing London?

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Did you try emailing London?
Email I have received is from New Dehli Office and there is no email address in it.
can you please give me any email address of LVO where i can put up my case?

Thanks

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
taffy7 said:
When i saw your name come up i thought you had DM. I have given up on having DM this year so planning our trip for our wedding anniversary, which is 6 months away .Then my trip back home this time next year.We have both waited so long if feels like it will never come.I will go and see my MP next month after i receive my new notes back and will let you know whats going on.

With have a non accompany child has held up things i'm sure and the fact we didn't get SA till August .We plan to come for a visit one day to meet you both for dinner ,i have told hubby all abut you two of you. ;)
No such luck lol I certainly can relate to how you're feeling, but I NEED to see your application get DM first cause then I know it shouldn't be much longer for us .... So hurry up already hehehe

I would love for you both to visit! OMG that would be something... just a warning the combination of food, drink, common experience and conversation of CIC will most definitely stoke my potty mouth. 8)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Meowski said:
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I have been following this thread for some time now, finally got around to register today :) please add my details to the spreadsheet

Date application received in Mississauga: Nov 25 2014
medical received Nov 25 2014
Married
Date of sponsor approval: Feb 24 2015
London visa office
Date(s) of any other requests you've had: N/A
husband is UK citizen and visa exempt
current location of the principal applicant: Beijing, China

I also have a question about the interview. my husband and I currently live in China, we met 5 years ago and have been married for 2 years. I was shocked when our application was forwarded to London instead of Beijing like we had requested. nothing we can do now but wait. the only concern is, if we have to go for an interview, would that most likely going to be in London? or would we be able to choose the visa office closest to us.

thank you all
Welcome to the forum, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

In the unlikely event that you have to attend an interview most likely it would be in London however some applicants have had interviews in a local visa office rather than the VO processing their file.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
So as some of you know I am flying back to the UK for 3 months for work and to see family while my wife stays in Canada.

My passport expires in January 2016 and my medical expires end of August 2015 so yesterday I emailed London asking

a) Change my address to my UK address
b) Does my passport need 6 months validity when COPR is issued?

They responded today! Response:
LVO said:
Dear Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry regarding the above noted file.

Please note that your passport should be valid for at least 3-6 months. I would recommend renewing your passport as your application has not entered active processing and is awaiting officer review. Please send us a copy of your renewed passport bio-data page(s) via email when received.

As for your medicals, we will more than likely request an extension with our medical division, extending your validity date an additional year.

Your new address has been updated in our system.

Thank you for informing us of your status changes. This will ensure your application is up to date and no unneccessary delays occur.

We hope this is of assistance.

Sincerely,
A few things

1. It says 3-6 months for passport, so 3 months before passport expires is October. Obviously I am going to renew it anyway but I would like to think I would have PR by October!
2. I fear them updating my medical for another year, has anyone else had their medical updated for that long? If so did you receive PR close to that year ending or soon after the extension?

Lastly I think I have mastered the emails to LVO, they always respond to me!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Salar123 said:
Email I have received is from New Dehli Office and there is no email address in it.
can you please give me any email address of LVO where i can put up my case?

Thanks
Go to CIC's website and submit a case-specific enquiry to NDVO then - this is the thread for London applications, hence I assumed your app was in London.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
andrew-brit said:
So as some of you know I am flying back to the UK for 3 months for work and to see family while my wife stays in Canada.

My passport expires in January 2016 and my medical expires end of August 2015 so yesterday I emailed London asking

A few things

1. It says 3-6 months for passport, so 3 months before passport expires is October. Obviously I am going to renew it anyway but I would like to think I would have PR by October!
2. I fear them updating my medical for another year, has anyone else had their medical updated for that long? If so did you receive PR close to that year ending or soon after the extension?

COPR will be issued to either the expiry of your passport or when your meds expired, I can see them getting grumpy if your passport expires within 6 months as some countries or airlines might not let you in if you don't have that long left on your passport, so certainly worth renewing while you're in the UK! It gives you another reason to contact LVO after you have your renewal, which is always a good thing! :)

As for the one-year extension, I wouldn't give that any special thought, lots of people have had theirs extended for a year, others for 6 months, others for just a matter of weeks - seems to be luck of the draw. I personally (and this is JMO) suspect it's a combination of which officer happens to be looking at your file, and how "clean" your results were - but that is seriously just me guessing, I may be way off base there. The point is that extensions seem to be given in lots of various time frames, so I wouldn't read anything special into the fact that this guy has said one year in his email.

:)

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
andrew-brit said:

A few things

Not entered active processing? And its been there since October? Seriously? That's just not right at all.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
andrew-brit said:

A few things

They have extended my or hubbies medical till Nov 27th 2015 . They haven't emailed me it was just on my GCMS notes . The next due date coming up is July 24th .. i know i'm not suppose to go by that and i'm hoping they will make a DM before that but that will be just short of 12 months of it being in London.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Go to CIC's website and submit a case-specific enquiry to NDVO then - this is the thread for London applications, hence I assumed your app was in London.

My VO is London but I got Re-Med request from NDVO and i was asked to inform Panel Physician to submit the assessment to New Delhi.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Salar123 said:
My VO is London but I got Re-Med request from NDVO and i was asked to inform Panel Physician to submit the assessment to New Delhi.
Then try emailing London and hope for the best? I don't know. All you can do is try at this point.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-
Received my notes today. Highlights are the following -
Paper File
Office: PA (Put Away)
RPRF: Outstanding
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed - Expired
Items Requested - 0
Notes: 2
RPRF fee cheque rec'd via mail. Email to REP to advise to pay.

I find it baffling that a case like ours where no additional docs were required is still put away, while they are now clearing august/september backlogs! Furthermore, i found in two sections of these notes that our RPRF has not been paid but then i found one note (note no.2) where they state that the cheque was received by mail! I also dont know what to make of our medical status (it says passed-expired, well which one of the two is it??). Thoughts?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
It means you have passed the medical but it has expired.Not sure what thread your looking at but London, August and Sept applicants haven't received Dm . Tons still from May June July still waiting. Some whose applicants stayed in Mississauga but not many from LVO.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-
taffy7 said:
It means you have passed the medical but it has expired.Not sure what thread your looking at but London, August and Sept applicants haven't received Dm . Tons still from May June July still waiting. Some whose applicants stayed in Mississauga but not many from LVO.
Well i dont understand, we did a remedical in March how can this not be reflected on our file? Secondly the part which i find deterring is that our july file was put away! Other cases have stalled due background checks (security & criminal), in our cases these have not even been started. If i look at the spreadsheet, most of the backlog of July seems to be either in process or in DM. I dont know if Quebec is factoring into this somehow.

Ron321

Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys. I have got my Ecase status as Decision Made last Thursday. But still haven't
got any Email or letter from Visa office. Can anyone tell me how do they contact you by Letter or an Email??? and how much time would it take?? Is it too early to contact VO for there post??

Thank you