+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
poggyb said:
Hello! I've had a look through the FAQ and can't quite find what I'm looking for so hopefully this isn't something that has been asked over and over...

I (principal applicant) just recieved an email from the High Commission of Canada in London requesting additional documents (new photos, another photocopy of my passport, and an 'updated information chart') - we hadn't ever recieved anything telling us we were passed stage 1 but I guess this is almost the same thing. What I'm wondering though is to do with where this email attachment was addressed to. I was living with my partner in Vancouver when I submitted my application but a few weeks later I moved back to the UK, and I used the online form to let CIC know that my address had changed and what was going on. I never heard anything back but that's apparently the norm, but this request for additional documents has my old address listed rather than the update.

Basically my question is is this normal(ish) and is this the reason they have sent me an 'updated information chart'? There is a section for my current mailing address on that form... I'm just wondering if this is something I need to chase up more aggressively, as there is a nice little segment of the email telling me I need to update Mississauaga in writing if anything like this changes. Does my initial action cover me?! Also can't do it online as I don't meet the stipulations they make on that web page

Very sorry if this has been covered before! Thanks
Hi poggyb.

The e-mail you received is your passport request. Basically this is decision made. Your application was kept in Mississauga for stage 2 processing and low and behold you have been approved.

When they request new passport photos, updated info chart and passport scan it means they are ready to issue your COPR. Look at the Notes column in the 2015/2014 tabs in the spreadsheet, it is mentioned a lot of times.

To answer your questions, if they provide a form asking you for your mailing address then you can enter the address you are currently at. Does it say somewhere that if you will be in Canada for the next 3 months you can send the docs to Ottawa instead of London? It normally does.

So in a nutshell fill in the forms, send the new photos and passport scans and you should have your COPR soon (about a month I would say).

Spreadsheet updated. I set your sponsor approval date to yesterday and decision made date to today.

Edit: You should have received a letter or e-mail saying the sponsor was approved. If you do get that letter let us know what date it was issued for the spreadsheet. Thanks.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
canuck_in_uk said:
As SchnookoLoly said, lay off with that. Sharing a figurehead head of state does not entitle UK citizens to a single benefit or advantage in immigrating to Canada. This is coming from a person who waited 9 months for my British partner to become a PR.

Lots of people do think that,those who is not dealing with immigration. I get it all the time.

Fist response is but your "married " 2nd response well your British and so his your husband and hes part of the Queen commonwealth ... My reply lol it doesn't matter we still have to go through CIC processing just like every one else. I'm still waiting also but its going to be well worth it in the end.

sublime2014

Nov 17, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
As SchnookoLoly said, lay off with that. Sharing a figurehead head of state does not entitle UK citizens to a single benefit or advantage in immigrating to Canada. This is coming from a person who waited 9 months for my British partner to become a PR.
Queen is ceremonial head of state and by birth entitled that people bear the expenses by paying taxes. WOW

Nice democracy.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
sublime2014 said:
Queen is ceremonial head of state and by birth entitled that people bear the expenses by paying taxes. WOW

Nice democracy.
No point getting in a flame war, but the argument of us paying taxes to support them is nonsense. If there was no monarchy do you think the UK government would tax us less? No.

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
andrew-brit said:
I sent a case specific inquiry last week (at the same time as contacting our MP) and I got a response! Here it is for those interested:
Your application is currently awaiting officer review.

The processing time is calculated from the date the complete application for sponsorship was received at the Case Processing Center (CPC) in Mississauga to the date the final decision was entered by the Visa Office. The posted processing times are based on the time required to process 80% of the cases over a period of 12 months and are updated quarterly. Therefore, they are historical processing times. They reflect the average processing time for the files that were finalized during the period of reference, but, at times, they don't always accurately reflect the expected processing time for files that are entering processing.

In February 2014, the Family Class caseload from Islamabad was transferred to London. At the time of transfer, the processing time in Islamabad was 32 months. The files from this large inventory received from Islamabad formed the large majority of cases processed by London in 2014. Accordingly, as these much older files were finalized in London, the time elapsed since the applications were initially submitted had a major impact on the calculation of the London processing times, even though they had been in London only for a few months.

To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications where the date received in CPC-Mississauga is between June and August, 2014.
Hi Andrew, just seen this post and wanted to thank you for putting it up. Im pretty sure its the first message I have seen which mentions London office processing August applications. Thanks for giving me a little bit of hope that mine may not be too long now... :)

poggyb

Apr 20, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Hi poggyb.

The e-mail you received is your passport request. Basically this is decision made. Your application was kept in Mississauga for stage 2 processing and low and behold you have been approved.

When they request new passport photos, updated info chart and passport scan it means they are ready to issue your COPR. Look at the Notes column in the 2015/2014 tabs in the spreadsheet, it is mentioned a lot of times.

To answer your questions, if they provide a form asking you for your mailing address then you can enter the address you are currently at. Does it say somewhere that if you will be in Canada for the next 3 months you can send the docs to Ottawa instead of London? It normally does.

So in a nutshell fill in the forms, send the new photos and passport scans and you should have your COPR soon (about a month I would say).

Spreadsheet updated. I set your sponsor approval date to yesterday and decision made date to today.

Edit: You should have received a letter or e-mail saying the sponsor was approved. If you do get that letter let us know what date it was issued for the spreadsheet. Thanks.

What?!?! I'm in shock, was not expecting a decision to be this fast, thank you so much for clarifying it all for me!

I was thrown off because we hadn't recieved an email or letter about the sponsor approval, but it may have been send to our old address - will get my partner to go by and check and I'll give you the info if and when I find it.

Happy days :)

Mar 2, 2015
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering a couple things and I also have some more info for the spreadsheet.

Our ECAS for the second stage changed around Sept 2014 to read application received, and Medical results received. Than on the 23rd of Jan. we got an E-mail looking for original copies of my Wifes police check, and marriage certificate.

The table on ECAS shows that when the medical results are received that it is in the decision made column. Does that mean there is an actual decision made or not? Because we unfortunately are still waiting for the COPR, as it appears just like everyone in the London office.

Also we sent the entire application package to Mississauga in March 2014

Mar 2, 2015
Also the RPRF was requested on the 23rd of Jan 2015, and was paid on the 26th. Should I have sent a copy of that or would they have it on record?

How long before the medical exam expires?

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
canucklehead_in_ireland said:
Also the RPRF was requested on the 23rd of Jan 2015, and was paid on the 26th. Should I have sent a copy of that or would they have it on record?

Have you ordered notes as it states your medical expiry on there? They normally expire 12 months after they were done, but they gave me 13 months. I contacted them about mine and they said they would contact me if I needed a remedical.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering a couple things and I also have some more info for the spreadsheet.

Our ECAS for the second stage changed around Sept 2014 to read application received, and Medical results received. Than on the 23rd of Jan. we got an E-mail looking for original copies of my Wifes police check, and marriage certificate.

The table on ECAS shows that when the medical results are received that it is in the decision made column. Does that mean there is an actual decision made or not? Because we unfortunately are still waiting for the COPR, as it appears just like everyone in the London office.

Also we sent the entire application package to Mississauga in March 2014

All updated on the spreadsheet. I think when you get actual DM, it posts with the text "A decision has been made on your application. We will be in contact with you regarding this decision" or something along those lines. So if your ECAS isn't saying that, then it's not DM yet.

Scotmoose is right about his answer. Medicals are valid for 12 months. If your medical expiry is coming up (e.g., within 4-5 weeks) then there's a FAQ question on what to do.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Well, The good news is that we finally got a letter confirming SA (was on ecas 29/04, e-mail came today). Bad news is that our application has been sent to London, so it looks like we might be in for a bit of a wait :( We were being optimistic and hoping for summer, so the kids could star the school year there, but I guess we'll aim for Christmas now and keep our fingers crossed! ::)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
NVJ said:
Well, The good news is that we finally got a letter confirming SA (was on ecas 29/04, e-mail came today). Bad news is that our application has been sent to London, so it looks like we might be in for a bit of a wait :( We were being optimistic and hoping for summer, so the kids could star the school year there, but I guess we'll aim for Christmas now and keep our fingers crossed! ::)
Boo to it going to London, but that was always a possibility, just see how things go from here now! Fingers crossed it goes reasonably quickly for you! :) Spreadsheet all updated.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Boo to it going to London, but that was always a possibility, just see how things go from here now! Fingers crossed it goes reasonably quickly for you! :) Spreadsheet all updated.
Thanks. Ya, we knew it was a possibility. We hoped for the best, but were prepared for the worst. Fingers (and toes) crossed! ;D

Gazzae

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2015
Hi All,

Received SA recently and file has been transferred to London. What is the average processing time for British applicants in London? We were hoping to be in Canada by December but not sure if this is possible.

Thanks all!

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
NVJ said:
Was it sent/addressed to the applicant or the sponsor? Just trying to work out where the letter will go for us