+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
The COPR will have an expiry date on it. That date will be either:
a) One year from when your medicals were done
b) The expiry date of your passport

Generally, the date on your COPR will be whichever of the two dates above comes first.

I will add this to the FAQ! :)

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
mmartin88 said:
Hey QC people!

Quick question, my credit card was charged by MIDI for the CSQ application on March 16th. Does anyone have any idea when abouts I should be receiving the CSQ - assuming everything is good & it's approved?
We received ours within about 9 days once the card got charged.

edarbaz

Feb 23, 2015
Hello guys,

At the end of February I was given a 'decision made' online for my PR. However, still no correspondence to my spouse or I. I have called the hotline who told me on the first call that all is fine they are just getting it all together to send my letter. The second time (20th March) that they emailed me to ask for photos but no email was received (checked junk too) so they are going to resend it, but they couldn't tell me what photos/size they need on the phone line, also that it could take weeks for them to look at my request to have email resent. I'm getting close to the end of my temp work permit (April 22nd) so wondered if anyone can help.

Option 1 - Change to visitor status - how long does this take or can I do it the day before my work permit expires; I can not understand the CIC website

Option 2 - does anyone know what photos they want, size and where to send them with what information? I could just send as if I did get the email and hope that works.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
edarbaz said:
Hello guys,

At the end of February I was given a 'decision made' online for my PR. However, still no correspondence to my spouse or I. I have called the hotline who told me on the first call that all is fine they are just getting it all together to send my letter. The second time (20th March) that they emailed me to ask for photos but no email was received (checked junk too) so they are going to resend it, but they couldn't tell me what photos/size they need on the phone line, also that it could take weeks for them to look at my request to have email resent. I'm getting close to the end of my temp work permit (April 22nd) so wondered if anyone can help.

Option 1 - Change to visitor status - how long does this take or can I do it the day before my work permit expires; I can not understand the CIC website

Option 2 - does anyone know what photos they want, size and where to send them with what information? I could just send as if I did get the email and hope that works.

When you received your letter or email for SA from CIC it would have an address on it for further communication . Send your pics there . Send the same immigration size pictures that you sent originally with your application . When you send this information make sure you put your file # and name and date of birth on the cover letter .

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
Petitepoutine said:
We received ours within about 9 days once the card got charged.
Thanks! we got ours last week - about a month after we applied.

Once I received my CSQ, I just sent CPC Mississauga a scanned copy of the CSQ and the undertaking by email. I also asked them to inform me asap if the original document is required. Now I just wait I suppose! Did you send over the original to your visa office?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
edarbaz said:
Thanks! They never sent (never received) the SA letter either though! Will see what I can find.
The spreadsheet says that Mississauga is your processing office, so that's who you should contact.

Dec 23, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm from the Uk and I have been in Canada, Alberta since July 2013 on an IEC visa. My Second and last IEC runs out on July 2nd 2015. My Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me as common law and we currently have an outland application in place.

I am hoping that someone on here has experience of applying for a visitors visa whilst waiting for an outland pr app.

My worry with applying for a visitors extension is how do I explain that I wish to stay in Canada whilst my outland application is processed without it seeming like I plan on over staying.

There is a chance the application will take more than an extra 6 months. Does anyone have experience with being granted more than 6 months? Are visitor extensions given to those waiting for PR or are they usually denied?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
This link answers all your questions: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Extending_your_stay

Good luck - and if you'd like to be added to the spreadsheet we'd really appreciate it! (It's a great way to say thanks for the advice you receive here!)

Dec 23, 2014
[quote author]
This link answers all your questions:
Good luck - and if you'd like to be added to the spreadsheet we'd really appreciate it! (It's a great way to say thanks for the advice you receive here!)
[/quote]

Oh Thank you! Reading that made me feel much better. I'm hoping that the part where it mentions that 'it is extremely rare that applications for visitor extensions of Canadian spouses with sponsorship applications in process are refused' also stands for common law applications.

We sent the app off January 3rd. Still waiting for sponsorship approval. Feel free to add us to the spreadsheet =)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PurpleJellyBean said:
Oh Thank you! Reading that made me feel much better. I'm hoping that the part where it mentions that 'it is extremely rare that applications for visitor extensions of Canadian spouses with sponsorship applications in process are refused' also stands for common law applications.
When CIC refers to spousal applications, it refers to both married and common-law. You can be a married spouse, or a common-law spouse, so "spousal" covers both.

We sent the app off January 3rd. Still waiting for sponsorship approval. Feel free to add us to the spreadsheet =)
Need to know where you are located as well. :)

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
PurpleJellyBean said:
Hey everyone,

I'm from the Uk and I have been in Canada, Alberta since July 2013 on an IEC visa. My Second and last IEC runs out on July 2nd 2015. My Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me as common law and we currently have an outland application in place.

I am hoping that someone on here has experience of applying for a visitors visa whilst waiting for an outland pr app.

My worry with applying for a visitors extension is how do I explain that I wish to stay in Canada whilst my outland application is processed without it seeming like I plan on over staying.

There is a chance the application will take more than an extra 6 months. Does anyone have experience with being granted more than 6 months? Are visitor extensions given to those waiting for PR or are they usually denied?
You have already received wonderful information, but I did want to let you know that my common law partner and I also have an outland application in place we applied after his status in Canada expired and he has been able to come and go as a visitor from Canada once the application was filed.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
PurpleJellyBean said:

Just wanted to add to the already great advice and help put your mind at rest too. We have a common law outland application in process and I have extended my visitor visa online no problem so far. I have extended three times, each time for 6 months. I just added details of my payment to CIC for PR and a screen shot of ECAS, with a brief cover letter explaining that I understand I will have to leave at the end of my visit and visa, should my PR be denied.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PurpleJellyBean said:
Oh sorry! lol Fort Mcmurray Alberta.
All updated! :) Be sure to keep us informed of your progress!