+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Well it's all happening now...can't tell if it's good or very very bad but more documents requested today (26 march): they want N updated IMM0008 generic app and a new Schedule A background declaration. Sending first thing tomorrow morning... God I hope it comes soon, meds expire in may :eek:

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kateface said:
Well it's all happening now...can't tell if it's good or very very bad but more documents requested today (26 march): they want N updated IMM0008 generic app and a new Schedule A background declaration. Sending first thing tomorrow morning... God I hope it comes soon, meds expire in may :eek:
Spreadsheet updated!

midnighter92

Feb 4, 2014
Hi there,

So we finally sent the PR application off this week. Can we be added to the spreadsheet?

We are a common law couple living in Toronto. I am from the UK but have been living in Canada now for just over 3 years (2 as IEC, one as visitor). We sent our application on the 24th March and it was received on the 25th (according to Canada Post). We took our sweet time but we wanted to send in everything they requested including payment and medical. The payment was made last March when I was applying for a Visitor Record and wanted to show that we were in the processing of applying for PR. I was on here last year asking how much the fees were, I paid $1040 + $100.

Because we felt like it was hanging over us for so long, I don't think we checked it really well and I'm now really paranoid I've messed up on the small details such as stapling our supporting documents, writing in blue ink (where it didn't specify black ink...) and I think I also wrote the wrong date for when we entered our common law relationship (we put in the date we moved in together...). Are these just annoying details for them or enough they might send our application back?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
midnighter92 said:
Hi there,

So we finally sent the PR application off this week. Can we be added to the spreadsheet?

We are a common law couple living in Toronto. I am from the UK but have been living in Canada now for just over 3 years (2 as IEC, one as visitor). We sent our application on the 24th March and it was received on the 25th (according to Canada Post). We took our sweet time but we wanted to send in everything they requested including payment and medical. The payment was made last March when I was applying for a Visitor Record and wanted to show that we were in the processing of applying for PR. I was on here last year asking how much the fees were, I paid $1040 + $100.

Because we felt like it was hanging over us for so long, I don't think we checked it really well and I'm now really paranoid I've messed up on the small details such as stapling our supporting documents, writing in blue ink (where it didn't specify black ink...) and I think I also wrote the wrong date for when we entered our common law relationship (we put in the date we moved in together...). Are these just annoying details for them or enough they might send our application back?
Added you to the spreadsheet. :)

--Unlikely your app will be returned for staples, unless you get someone having a really bad day.

--Fees - you paid $1040 plus $100? What's the extra $100 for?

--Entering CL relationship send a case-specific email. Say you just sent your application and you just realized you used the wrong date - you used the date you started living together instead of the date you officially became common-law. Again, unlikely they'd send it all back, but worth flagging up that correction.

midnighter92

Feb 4, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Added you to the spreadsheet. :)

--Unlikely your app will be returned for staples, unless you get someone having a really bad day.

--Fees - you paid $1040 plus $100? What's the extra $100 for?

--Entering CL relationship send a case-specific email. Say you just sent your application and you just realized you used the wrong date - you used the date you started living together instead of the date you officially became common-law. Again, unlikely they'd send it all back, but worth flagging up that correction.
We made the payment last year so I honestly can't remember what the $100 was for now but I remember I had to pay it. Maybe it was for the visitor extension...

Also in the document checklist, if it didn't apply to us, was it ok just to leave it blank and not send those forms either? Or did we have to send them but write N/A? Sorry, should have probably asked these questions before sending the form!

Do I email the Mississauga office?

I'm going to Niagara this weekend to renew my visitor record. Last year, I asked for an extension and my VR didn't permit re-entry but since we have decided to apply outland, is it correct I am able to come in and out of Canada 6 months at a time? Would it be a problem if I told them that I lived in Toronto even though we applied outland?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
All your questions are answered in the faq linked in my signature. :)

papabri

Jan 3, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015 (AOR2 03-06-2015)
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-01-2016
Please add me to the spreadsheet. Canadian husband and Russian wife living in London, UK. As per DHL, application received in Mississauga on Mar 26th.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
midnighter92 said:
Also in the document checklist, if it didn't apply to us, was it ok just to leave it blank and not send those forms either? Or did we have to send them but write N/A? Sorry, should have probably asked these questions before sending the form!

Do I email the Mississauga office?

I'm going to Niagara this weekend to renew my visitor record. Last year, I asked for an extension and my VR didn't permit re-entry but since we have decided to apply outland, is it correct I am able to come in and out of Canada 6 months at a time? Would it be a problem if I told them that I lived in Toronto even though we applied outland?
You didn't need to include forms that didn't apply to you but should have marked N/A on the checklist so that CIC was aware that you hadn't just missed them.

The common-law date thing is a very common mistake; they will not return your application for it, nor do you need to notify them of it at this point.

A visitor record never permits re-entry; it is valid only as long as you are in Canada. When you re-enter, you are assessed as a new visitor again. Having a PR app submitted gives you no right to enter Canada, nor does it give you any right to live in Canada. Until you are a PR, you are only visiting. It is easier to just apply online to extend your visitor status than to make a border run.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
COPR received in the mail today!!
Will be road tripping it to the boarder Easter Friday!!!

Thanks to all the seniors on the boards here for keeping everyone from being locked up in a padded cell which it feels like sometimes.
But to those waiting, once you have that letter in your hand it's such a weight off your shoulders and it makes you thankful for the tests and obstacles you have over come!!

midnighter92

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks for the info.

My police certificates were done last summer...(UK, France and Canada) it didn't specify on the guide that it had to be within 3 months, or maybe we missed it...should I just leave it at this point and wait until they ask for it or should I re-send them?

Can I still apply for a visitor record if I have less than 30 days until my current one expires? (it expires April 23rd) We already planned to go to the border this weekend but the border office can be quite intimidating...

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
midnighter92 said:
Thanks for the info.

My police certificates were done last summer...(UK, France and Canada) it didn't specify on the guide that it had to be within 3 months, or maybe we missed it...should I just leave it at this point and wait until they ask for it or should I re-send them?

Can I still apply for a visitor record if I have less than 30 days until my current one expires? (it expires April 23rd) We already planned to go to the border this weekend but the border office can be quite intimidating...

You missed it somewhere. You police records must be less than 3 months when CIC receive your application, however they are valid for 1 year. Your medical is also valid for 1 year and you can summit this even if it was 6 or 8 months old, but police certificate has to be less than 3 months.

Sorry i don't know any thing about visitors visa.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
papabri said:
Please add me to the spreadsheet. Canadian husband and Russian wife living in London, UK. As per DHL, application received in Mississauga on Mar 26th.
I have added you to the spreadsheet! Thanks.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
andyb2404 said:
COPR received in the mail today!!
Will be road tripping it to the boarder Easter Friday!!!

Thanks to all the seniors on the boards here for keeping everyone from being locked up in a padded cell which it feels like sometimes.
But to those waiting, once you have that letter in your hand it's such a weight off your shoulders and it makes you thankful for the tests and obstacles you have over come!!
Congrats! Spreadsheet updated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
midnighter92 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply. (based on the assumption that the PCCs are included when the app is initially submitted)

You didn't actually need a Canadian PCC, as they do their own checks here in Canada. I would wait until closer to sponsor approval and apply for the France and UK PCCs again; you can then forward them on to the appropriate office with all of your details after SA.

You can apply to extend your visitor status up until the day before (some say the day of) expiry. Include a copy of the PR fee receipt and proof of funds and you should have no issues. It is generally considered to be safer to apply online instead of doing a border run.

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
Hi guys,

I received my Certificate Selection of Quebec from the MIDI today! So you can update the spreadsheet.

Question - Do I need to send CIC a scanned copy or take any further action?

Thanks!