+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
mmartin88 said:
Hey guys, on Feb 25th, I received my Sponsor Approval... then on the 26th, I received my request for my CSQ with a mistake in my address, THEN on the 27th, I received an other request for my CSQ with the mistake corrected. On March 2nd I sent off my application for CSQ to MIDI and today I get this in my email..

"Dear (NAME)

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (NAME) and family (if applicable).
We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on February 26 and/or 27th 2015 in error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which on February 26 and 27 2015 mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information."

I guess all I can really do is await further instructions... But has anyone else had this happen to them?
Humm.. a bit strange. I wouldn't worry about it though. We sent our CSQ application before receiving any correspondence from MIDI, an it didn't change anything.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
As per current IMM 008 form, we can choose visa office to access our application, what is the definition of inland and outland application?

Anyone has idea? or called/contacted CIC regarding this?

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
Petitepoutine said:
Humm.. a bit strange. I wouldn't worry about it though. We sent our CSQ application before receiving any correspondence from MIDI, an it didn't change anything.
Thanks Petitepoutine!

However, sorry, I don't know if I was clear...

We received our Sponsor approval on the 25th of February (yay), on that Sponsor approval it tells you to apply for a CSQ and include the Sponsor Approval letter, which we did. Cool.

But you know the ADDITIONAL letter that Mississagua sends you AFTER the Sponsor approval saying something like, you need to apply for a CSQ because you live in Quebec, please submit a copy of THIS CIC letter along with your Sponsor approval with your CSQ application? Well THAT is the letter was sent to me on the 26th/27th.

The notice I got from CIC Mississagua today (which I quoted) told me that the correspondance sent to me on 26th/27th was sent in error and that I am not to apply for a CSQ based on it. But I did...

And now I'm really worried as to why Mississauga would send me a CSQ request and then be like, oh wait, nevermind, that was a mistake, don't apply for CSQ, when I should need one as I live in QC AND have already sent one out!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PhdStream said:
As per current IMM 008 form, we can choose visa office to access our application, what is the definition of inland and outland application?

Anyone has idea? or called/contacted CIC regarding this?
There is no longer an option to choose a visa office; CIC will choose for you. If the form has the option to choose, you are looking an outdated form.

See the first post for inland/outland explanation http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
taffy7 said:
That's what mine looked like 1 page ..At the bottom it says print two copies of this receipt send one to CIC and keep one for your records. My payment went through fine .. Notes say all payments have been received ... All good their PhdStream .
We've just paid ours as well and have the same, 1 page 'Official Receipt' with the barcode and the same message at the bottom.

Perhaps the 'copy 2' was for an older receipt format? There's just nothing else to print off here!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no longer an option to choose a visa office; CIC will choose for you. If the form has the option to choose, you are looking an outdated form.

See the first post for inland/outland explanation http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html.
Yes .. in this case how do CIC differentiate about inland and outland application?

previously it used to be as per visa office that PA choose. But what about now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PhdStream said:
Yes .. in this case how do CIC differentiate about inland and outland application?

previously it used to be as per visa office that PA choose. But what about now?
They are different application packages.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
mmartin88 said:
But you know the ADDITIONAL letter that Mississagua sends you AFTER the Sponsor approval saying something like, you need to apply for a CSQ because you live in Quebec, please submit a copy of THIS CIC letter along with your Sponsor approval with your CSQ application? Well THAT is the letter was sent to me on the 26th/27th.

The notice I got from CIC Mississagua today (which I quoted) told me that the correspondance sent to me on 26th/27th was sent in error and that I am not to apply for a CSQ based on it. But I did...

And now I'm really worried as to why Mississauga would send me a CSQ request and then be like, oh wait, nevermind, that was a mistake, don't apply for CSQ, when I should need one as I live in QC AND have already sent one out!
Oh, we didn't receive that additional letter in the first place actually... So what they are saying (I think) is that you shouldn't have RECEIVED that letter, not that you shouldn't have applied for the CSQ. If you reside in Québec, you absolutely need one, without exception. You just don't need to include that CIC letter with it.

I wouldn't worry at all. You did the right thing in applying for the CSQ.

Well, we didn't receive a second

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
Your application process was super fast. Congrats

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
Petitepoutine said:
Oh, we didn't receive that additional letter in the first place actually... So what they are saying (I think) is that you shouldn't have RECEIVED that letter, not that you shouldn't have applied for the CSQ. If you reside in Québec, you absolutely need one, without exception. You just don't need to include that CIC letter with it.

I wouldn't worry at all. You did the right thing in applying for the CSQ.

Well, we didn't receive a second
That makes sense! Thanks! :)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Sorry for posting again and again ... I have one question...

I have applied for my wife's PR application using outland application package .... so IF CPC-Mississauga decides to access the application here in Canada (either CPC-M or CPC-ottawa) and my wife is here in Canda under visitor visa, can she apply for open work permit?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PhdStream said:
Sorry for posting again and again ... I have one question...

I have applied for my wife's PR application using outland application package .... so IF CPC-Mississauga decides to access the application here in Canada (either CPC-M or CPC-ottawa) and my wife is here in Canda under visitor visa, can she apply for open work permit?
No. You applied outland. Outland = no work permit. The application staying in Canada does not make it an inland application. They are two different applications.

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
I have applied for spouse immigration in June 2013 from London UK but still that has not been finalize which should be due in May 2014. Recently Baby girl born in my family and I had applied for Visitor which has been given. I want to know that if I come on visitor visa and applied for right to work so can I get it? Because it was a mistake of CIC for taking so long to decide my case however the timeline was
11 months from London UK. My wife and daughter are alone in Canada and there is no one to look after her.

Please advise.

Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hafiz_faiq said:
I have applied for spouse immigration in June 2013 from London UK but still that has not been finalize which should be due in May 2014. Recently Baby girl born in my family and I had applied for Visitor which has been given. I want to know that if I come on visitor visa and applied for right to work so can I get it? Because it was a mistake of CIC for taking so long to decide my case however the timeline was
11 months from London UK. My wife and daughter are alone in Canada and there is no one to look after her.

Please advise.

Thanks
no, as a visitor and outland applicant you can not apply for the "right to work". only applicants who have applied through the "in canada" class (also known as inland) can apply for an Open Work Permit while the application is processing.

as an outland applicant the only way you can legally work in canada is if you get a job offer from a canadian employer and they are willing to apply (and get approved) for a LMIA. This process is time consuming and expensive for the employer, so unless you have some very specific skill that they can't find a canadian to do, it is very difficult to get.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
I was really excited/hopeful that between the first and the 5th of March that they seemed to get through 2 weeks of applications for sponsor approval (according to spreadsheet) but since then there has been no movement. I check every day willing for dates to start moving onto the 2015 spreadsheet. Waiting was never my strong point!! :eek: