+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
gander said:
So to update my saga, after I saw this message I rang CIC to find out if my application was indeed registered as inland, after my original emails (sent three months prior, asking of they could please correct my mistake) were completely ignored. The woman at the call centre I spoke to told me that she could see my requested visa office was London, so not to worry, it was registered as outland and I would hear something really soon! So the past two weeks has been unbearable, hoping to get SA, six months after sending my original application (was returned after three months because of two out of date forms). So I rang again today, because the two week wait made me a little uneasy, and then woman I spoke to today told me that in fact my application was registered Inland, and that she would send them a message to transfer it, but its in priority sequence, so who knows how long it could take. So basically the first woman lied to me, and set me back another two weeks. And then the woman told me that she knew for a fact, that if I'm currently living in Canada, which I am, then my application will be sent to Ottawa, and that the average processing time there is 15 months. So she essentially thought I would be looking at about 16 months from now. I'm way beyond frustrated at this point, as its now been 6 months from when my original application was received, and I have exactly nothing. So here's hoping for a quick turnaround!
Hi again Gander.

The call centre people are known for giving out false information (unintentionally I hope!). The 1st lady was wrong: On the updated forms now, I heard that you can't even request a visa office now, so I don't know what she was talking about.

I would also recommend that YOU send an email to Mississagua (CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca), make sure to include your FILE NUMBER in the subject line and your full name AND date of birth in the email body along with your enquiry I did this ALONG with the call centre agent sending a message out. So they received 2 emails requesting to switch the application from Inland to Outland.

The 2nd lady at the call centre you spoke to: also wrong. Just because you live in Canada does not mean that your application will be sent to Ottawa (WHERE DID SHE GET THIS?!). I live in Canada with my British boyfriend and after the whole outland inland fiasco, ours was held in Mississauga. Others have lived in Canada with their S.O. and their application was sent to London. While it's assumed that straight forward cases are kept in Mississauga, there is no confirmed pattern which decides if the application is sent to: London, Ottawa, or held in Mississauga.

I read that the SAME thing (outland / inland) problem happened to someone else on here and it took CIC just 3 days to correct it! So don't lose hope!

After I emailed CPC Mississauga, I waited 2 weeks and then I called that centre like a crazy woman every single day. I got so many different answers from different call agents, but that way I got different perspectives and figured that was the way to get the most accurate information.

I hope this helps!

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
BritishBob said:
So I have done Visa photos, updated information chart (Only my details as she is the sponsor) and got a photocopy of my Passport information page. I have also written a note to say the postcode of the letter that had been sent to me (via email) has an error. It was correct on the application and is correct in my updated information chart, so hopefully a simple amendment to be made!!

It will be sent tomorrow using Royal Mail special delivery. Fingers crossed and I will update when I hear back from Canadian High Commission.
I got that same email request yesterday afternoon.. I got the pictures done, updated info chart done last night and included a photocopy of the info page in my passport. Mailed it out this morning doing next day to Ottawa. Race you to the finish line!!! ;)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
gander said:
So to update my saga, after I saw this message I rang CIC to find out if my application was indeed registered as inland, after my original emails (sent three months prior, asking of they could please correct my mistake) were completely ignored. The woman at the call centre I spoke to told me that she could see my requested visa office was London, so not to worry, it was registered as outland and I would hear something really soon! So the past two weeks has been unbearable, hoping to get SA, six months after sending my original application (was returned after three months because of two out of date forms). So I rang again today, because the two week wait made me a little uneasy, and then woman I spoke to today told me that in fact my application was registered Inland, and that she would send them a message to transfer it, but its in priority sequence, so who knows how long it could take. So basically the first woman lied to me, and set me back another two weeks. And then the woman told me that she knew for a fact, that if I'm currently living in Canada, which I am, then my application will be sent to Ottawa, and that the average processing time there is 15 months. So she essentially thought I would be looking at about 16 months from now. I'm way beyond frustrated at this point, as its now been 6 months from when my original application was received, and I have exactly nothing. So here's hoping for a quick turnaround!
Everyone else has already said what I would have said - the call centre info is complete bollocks. It's true, you can't request an office anymore (haven't been able to for ages!), and tons of people in Canada have had their applications sent abroad.

If you check out hte timeline from cbrown, he was in a similar boat... so just keep your fingers crossed that things get sorted. Give it a few days then call back again and check what's going on with the application. cbrown had to call 4-5 times but it did get sorted in the end, so just stay on them. :)

BChome said:
My DM was over a month ago (9 Feb) and I still haven't heard anything... :( CIC haven't responded to my case specific enquiry - which doesn't surprise me because they never do, this is highly frustrating as it's their only point of contact. They ignored all enquiries about my British passport that they lost for 5 months, and I only got a response then after using their telephone answer system which no longer exists.
I spoke to my MP today who is making an enquiry on my behalf, hopefully they'll respond to that.. but I'm not banking on it, his previous enquiry was submitted on Dec 6 and they finally answered on Feb 13 after he sent a follow up email.
...but fingers crossed the postman brings good news tomorrow! I live in hope! The waiting is brutal! There goes another month unnecessarily added to an 18 month process time!
Definitely getting your MP involved is a good call. It's odd they didn't respond to your MP last time, but your MP should be able to help, unless your MP is a complete numpty, lol, this is the frist time I've heard of them not responding to an MP.

PhdStream said:
Thanks .. we both are from Nepal.
Spreadsheet updated, thanks!

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Definitely getting your MP involved is a good call. It's odd they didn't respond to your MP last time, but your MP should be able to help, unless your MP is a complete numpty, lol, this is the frist time I've heard of them not responding to an MP.
He is an MP lol! Your description is actually pretty accurate! But fortunately for me his assistant is an absolute star, and in my opinion it is her that should really be running for office in May!

Any advice on a back-up plan though? If both his (MP) and my email enquiries get blanked again?
Is there an Immigration ombudsman or anything? Or will it involve a sit-in at the embassy lol?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
BChome said:
He is an MP lol! Your description is actually pretty accurate! But fortunately for me his assistant is an absolute star, and in my opinion it is her that should really be running for office in May!

Any advice on a back-up plan though? If both his (MP) and my email enquiries get blanked again?
Is there an Immigration ombudsman or anything? Or will it involve a sit-in at the embassy lol?
You won't get very far going to the embassy in person, you instead risk getting yourself hauled off if you cross a line, haha. I'd send an email every 3 days until you get a response.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
You won't get very far going to the embassy in person, you instead risk getting yourself hauled off if you cross a line, haha. I'd send an email every 3 days until you get a response.
I've been hesitant to do that in the past because of their instructions about not sending repeat enquiries (I do exactly what they tell me, and follow their instructions to the T - but they don't hold up their end of the bargain!). But at this stage I've got nothing to lose I suppose, I'm guessing they can't change 'the decision' because I overload them with emails at this point!
I would so love to be a fly on the wall at the London embassy to see their expertise and efficiency in action, and see what work (if any!) actually takes place behind their secretive walls!
Don't worry, no reconnaissance missions to the embassy planned yet! If more months slip by though, you never know lol!

acg

Feb 14, 2015
andyb2404 said:
I got that same email request yesterday afternoon.. I got the pictures done, updated info chart done last night and included a photocopy of the info page in my passport. Mailed it out this morning doing next day to Ottawa. Race you to the finish line!!! ;)
How many photographs do they request? I might get them done now to speed things up, just got DM yesterday but no e-mail request yet.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Not everyone gets the request. It's not like you need much lead time to get the photos done, so just wait to see if you get the request and go from there. It's about 50-50 chance you'll get it I'd say.

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Thought I would post the below. Someone sent a case specific email to the London Visa office with regards to the increased posted processing time. At the bottom of the email there is a paragraph stating the applications they are currently processing :)

"To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014"

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Scotmoose said:
Thought I would post the below. Someone sent a case specific email to the London Visa office with regards to the increased posted processing time. At the bottom of the email there is a paragraph stating the applications they are currently processing :)

"To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014"
Good to know and seems to be inline with the spreadsheet (although a couple of lucky people have jumped the queue!). If only they would publish that info....

Now if they could just pick up mine please.... as it's been in London since the 1st week of May.... ::)

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
mec14 said:
Good to know and seems to be inline with the spreadsheet (although a couple of lucky people have jumped the queue!). If only they would publish that info....

Now if they could just pick up mine please.... as it's been in London since the 1st week of May.... ::)
It's crazy you're been made to wait for so long. I'm a June applicant and I'm finding this hell. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear something soon!

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Scotmoose said:
It's crazy you're been made to wait for so long. I'm a June applicant and I'm finding this hell. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear something soon!
Crazy indeed and very frustrating. My case should be about as straightforward as they come. Meds expire on the 17th according to my GCMS notes so lets see if that spurs any action... although the 'Due Date' is 30th April so I'm resigning myself to that and not getting hopes up. Anything else is a bonus.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Scotmoose said:

Thank you for posting that titbit of info, it sure was a pick me up this morning .+1

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mec14 said:
Crazy indeed and very frustrating. My case should be about as straightforward as they come. Meds expire on the 17th according to my GCMS notes so lets see if that spurs any action... although the 'Due Date' is 30th April so I'm resigning myself to that and not getting hopes up. Anything else is a bonus.

Im a june applicant and my notes say Due date July 25th i hope i hear something before that .

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Update: The application package has reached CPC-Missassuga today.

I have one question, what is the copy 2 of receipt. In my case I printed the pdf, filled my info (as I am the payer) and then enclosed in the application. To be in a safe side I attached 2 copies. That is what CIC is asking right??