+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
mrs.sweden said:
When can me and my husband expect to hear from CIC the first time? Is there some type of confirmation that the application arrived there? Or will we not hear from them until sponsor approval?
Because of the recent increase in processing time for stage 1/sponsor approval, Mississauga has started sending out acknowledgement of receipts (AORs). When I applied in September it was extremely rare to get these, but at that time the processing time was 41 days.

So expect to get an AOR on or around 85 days from the day they received your application. After that it will be a day to 2 weeks to receive sponsor approval. We track when applicants get AOR so refer to the spreadsheet.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I sent my package yesterday to Mississauga, CPC with an application to sponsor my wife, currently living in Edgware, UK. I sent it using Xpresspost and is expected to reach tomorrow, Mar-12, 2015. Please add me in the spreadsheet. I will update as soon as the package is reached.

FYI: police clearance certificates are included in the application (issued on Jan and Feb 2015), medical was done on Feb-19, 2015. Also, I have paid all the amounts, sponsorship fee (75$), application fee (475$) and landing fee (490$), in an advance on Mar-09, 2015. I am a PR of Canada and my wife is a student in UK and needs visa to enter Canada, though she has visitor visa till Apr 2016 to enter Canada.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
PhdStream said:
Hi guys,

I sent my package yesterday to Mississauga, CPC with an application to sponsor my wife, currently living in Edgware, UK. I sent it using Xpresspost and is expected to reach tomorrow, Mar-12, 2015. Please add me in the spreadsheet. I will update as soon as the package is reached.

FYI: police clearance certificates are included in the application (issued on Jan and Feb 2015), medical was done on Feb-19, 2015. Also, I have paid all the amounts, sponsorship fee (75$), application fee (475$) and landing fee (490$), in an advance on Mar-09, 2015. I am a PR of Canada and my wife is a student in UK and needs visa to enter Canada, though she has visitor visa till Apr 2016 to enter Canada.
Thanks, I added you. Please check details are correct.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
So I have done Visa photos, updated information chart (Only my details as she is the sponsor) and got a photocopy of my Passport information page. I have also written a note to say the postcode of the letter that had been sent to me (via email) has an error. It was correct on the application and is correct in my updated information chart, so hopefully a simple amendment to be made!!

It will be sent tomorrow using Royal Mail special delivery. Fingers crossed and I will update when I hear back from Canadian High Commission.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
It's helpful to know what country she is from! Updated otherwise. :) edit, err, Andrew updated you, I think he has CV hooked up to his brain or something!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
It's helpful to know what country she is from! Updated otherwise. :) edit, err, Andrew updated you, I think he has CV hooked up to his brain or something!
Thanks .. we both are from Nepal.

gander

Nov 20, 2014
mmartin88 said:
Hi Gander,

The same thing happened to me. Well, I couriered my application to the Mississauga address (not the PO box, but the actual address) and it was an OUTLAND application, I used the outland sponsorship kit, with all the outland forms, etc. Having heard nothing from them in 3 months, I called CIC call centre who informed me that my application was registered as INLAND.

Jan 30th: I called the CIC call centre who informed me that they would send a message to CPC Mississagua to correct the error.
February 14th: I received a new AOR
February 25th: I received Sponsor Approval - Outland

The whole turnaround from switching the application from inland to outland took about a month, so don't worry, you should hear from them soon!
So to update my saga, after I saw this message I rang CIC to find out if my application was indeed registered as inland, after my original emails (sent three months prior, asking of they could please correct my mistake) were completely ignored. The woman at the call centre I spoke to told me that she could see my requested visa office was London, so not to worry, it was registered as outland and I would hear something really soon! So the past two weeks has been unbearable, hoping to get SA, six months after sending my original application (was returned after three months because of two out of date forms). So I rang again today, because the two week wait made me a little uneasy, and then woman I spoke to today told me that in fact my application was registered Inland, and that she would send them a message to transfer it, but its in priority sequence, so who knows how long it could take. So basically the first woman lied to me, and set me back another two weeks. And then the woman told me that she knew for a fact, that if I'm currently living in Canada, which I am, then my application will be sent to Ottawa, and that the average processing time there is 15 months. So she essentially thought I would be looking at about 16 months from now. I'm way beyond frustrated at this point, as its now been 6 months from when my original application was received, and I have exactly nothing. So here's hoping for a quick turnaround!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
gander said:
So to update my saga, after I saw this message I rang CIC to find out if my application was indeed registered as inland, after my original emails (sent three months prior, asking of they could please correct my mistake) were completely ignored. The woman at the call centre I spoke to told me that she could see my requested visa office was London, so not to worry, it was registered as outland and I would hear something really soon! So the past two weeks has been unbearable, hoping to get SA, six months after sending my original application (was returned after three months because of two out of date forms). So I rang again today, because the two week wait made me a little uneasy, and then woman I spoke to today told me that in fact my application was registered Inland, and that she would send them a message to transfer it, but its in priority sequence, so who knows how long it could take. So basically the first woman lied to me, and set me back another two weeks. And then the woman told me that she knew for a fact, that if I'm currently living in Canada, which I am, then my application will be sent to Ottawa, and that the average processing time there is 15 months. So she essentially thought I would be looking at about 16 months from now. I'm way beyond frustrated at this point, as its now been 6 months from when my original application was received, and I have exactly nothing. So here's hoping for a quick turnaround!
Not to dampen your optimism, but take anything they say with a pinch of salt. I have been living in Canada since 2011 and my application went to London. They have handed out so much incorrect information that I am surprised they are still in a job!

In regards to your specific case, I hope they keep your application in Ottawa as it does seem to be faster than London, although it has slowed down a lot recently. Your file still seems up in the air, and until you get sponsor approval I would hold my breath on everything.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
hello

its been exact 15 days since decision made and still hvn't received my COPR yet? strange looking at spreadsheet average receiving COPR after decision made its around 1 to 2 weeks, looking at Feb Decision made none 1 has receieve only christian9536 she has recieve on 5 MAR?? thats around 20 days.

gander

Nov 20, 2014
andrew-brit said:
Not to dampen your optimism, but take anything they say with a pinch of salt. I have been living in Canada since 2011 and my application went to London. They have handed out so much incorrect information that I am surprised they are still in a job!

In regards to your specific case, I hope they keep your application in London as it does seem to be faster than London, although it has slowed down a lot recently. Your file still seems up in the air, and until you get sponsor approval I would hold my breath on everything.
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come through very well through text, but don't worry, I literally have no optimism for you to dampen. The definitely being kept in Ottawa and taking on average 15 months is plainly false, as the spread sheet clearly shows people living in Canada having their apps sent to London, Ottawa and Mississauga, and the whole Islamabad backlog thing happened about 6 months ago, so how could they have a 15 month average so far? I started questioning it and then stopped as it was completely pointless. But yeah, the whole having my emails ignored, and then the woman literally just lying to me two weeks ago, means I have zero optimism, i probably couldn't feel any more jaded at this point..

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
nishra said:
hello

its been exact 15 days since decision made and still hvn't received my COPR yet? strange looking at spreadsheet average receiving COPR after decision made its around 1 to 2 weeks, looking at Feb Decision made none 1 has receieve only christian9536 she has recieve on 5 MAR?? thats around 20 days.
My DM was over a month ago (9 Feb) and I still haven't heard anything... :( CIC haven't responded to my case specific enquiry - which doesn't surprise me because they never do, this is highly frustrating as it's their only point of contact. They ignored all enquiries about my British passport that they lost for 5 months, and I only got a response then after using their telephone answer system which no longer exists.
I spoke to my MP today who is making an enquiry on my behalf, hopefully they'll respond to that.. but I'm not banking on it, his previous enquiry was submitted on Dec 6 and they finally answered on Feb 13 after he sent a follow up email.
...but fingers crossed the postman brings good news tomorrow! I live in hope! The waiting is brutal! There goes another month unnecessarily added to an 18 month process time!

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Mrs.Purcy said:
hi guys my husband said he logged on to check the status of his application and it read that decision has been made and he will be contacted by an officer. is this a good thing? he is irish and yes his VO is London.
congratulations. Naveed

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
So I have a query that hopefully somebody can help with..
When London do not reply to (valid) case specific enquiries, what is the next step to make contact or raise a query?
Turn up at the embassy? I know this isn't advised usually, but if nothing else is working (both mine and my MP's case specific enquiries ignored) then what are my options instead?
Thanks in advance!