+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Aniabella said:
So, I'm in a situation where I have to return urgently back to my home country for a while. Would CIC regard it bad, if I wait for my PR back in my home country now that I have been here in Canada for nearly 7 months? I'm just afraid I would not be able to return back because of my long stay and a relative for now really needs me back in my country.
No, you should be just fine. Lots of couples live separately while your application is in process, and it's even better that you are married as you don't need to worry about anything common-law-cohabitation related. So that's a bonus.

IF you are only going back for a few weeks then you don't need to do anything special. However, if you are MOVING back home, then you need to inform CIC that your address has changed.

Even if you return to Canada before your PR comes through, it won't be an issue - you have a spouse in Canada, and you have an application in process, so it's highly unlikely you'd be given any trouble at the border.

If your COPR is issued while you are abroad, though, you will need to have the COPR sent to you in your home country so that you can have it on you when you land back in Canada. (Your call on if you want to risk putting it in the post, though.) Or if you don't want to have it mailed, you can just fly back as you normally would, get your COPR in person from your home, and then flagpole or land on your next trip out of Canada, depending on how much time you have before COPR expires.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
No, you should be just fine. Lots of couples live separately while your application is in process, and it's even better that you are married as you don't need to worry about anything common-law-cohabitation related. So that's a bonus.

IF you are only going back for a few weeks then you don't need to do anything special. However, if you are MOVING back home, then you need to inform CIC that your address has changed.

Even if you return to Canada before your PR comes through, it won't be an issue - you have a spouse in Canada, and you have an application in process, so it's highly unlikely you'd be given any trouble at the border.

If your COPR is issued while you are abroad, though, you will need to have the COPR sent to you in your home country so that you can have it on you when you land back in Canada. (Your call on if you want to risk putting it in the post, though.) Or if you don't want to have it mailed, you can just fly back as you normally would, get your COPR in person from your home, and then flagpole or land on your next trip out of Canada, depending on how much time you have before COPR expires.
Thank you, makes me feel better! Well I'm going back for less than 3 months, so I guess that would count as moving? I technically aren't, all my domestic life is still here. I really hate being separated from my spouse, but what can you do.

sherri

May 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga / London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-06-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
woop woop!!!! So excited - did my daily morning check of our application's status and it FINALLY changed to "IN PROCESS!!!" HOORAY!!!!!

now, question. My husband lives in FRANCE but is currently here with us in Canada as a visitor. He will be here for a couple more months. Is it safe to change his address so that they ship the COPR here to us in Canada? Or is it dangerous to change his address and then possibly have the COPR get lost in the mail... How would you think it is best to proceed?

Thanks!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sherri said:
woop woop!!!! So excited - did my daily morning check of our application's status and it FINALLY changed to "IN PROCESS!!!" HOORAY!!!!!

now, question. My husband lives in FRANCE but is currently here with us in Canada as a visitor. He will be here for a couple more months. Is it safe to change his address so that they ship the COPR here to us in Canada? Or is it dangerous to change his address and then possibly have the COPR get lost in the mail... How would you think it is best to proceed?

Thanks!!
Yay progress!

Change your address. It's fine for you to say he's in Canada as a visitor while he waits for his application to come through. It iwll be far more convenient to get the COPR in Canada. Andrew is updating yo on the spreadsheet! He's quick.

Can we update your location please?

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
Question for the Senior members and people who already have PR status,

Once you had SA, the next step is for Decision Made, now how to did get the decision made notification? Did CIC send an email to the PA or did you find out over the phone with the Call Centre?

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Ok so mind blown!! Got home today and checked CIC website... It states that there has been a decision made on SA on 2nd March and a letter has been sent... Then on the PR section it says they started looking at app on 2nd March, medical results have been received and that there has also been a decision made and that they will be in contact!!

From this would i be right in assuming that we have SA and that they have kept the application in Mississauga?

Has anyone been in a similar position and do they know how long it took for them to get in touch regarding PR? I am in England so hoping they will not be sending it by mail, does it usually come by email?

My head is just spinning!!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BritishBob said:
Ok so mind blown!! Got home today and checked CIC website... It states that there has been a decision made on SA on 2nd March and a letter has been sent... Then on the PR section it says they started looking at app on 2nd March, medical results have been received and that there has also been a decision made and that they will be in contact!!

From this would i be right in assuming that we have SA and that they have kept the application in Mississauga?

Has anyone been in a similar position and do they know how long it took for them to get in touch regarding PR? I am in England so hoping they will not be sending it by mail, does it usually come by email?

My head is just spinning!!
It sounds like the kept the application in Mississauga!

If you look at the spreadsheet you will see a pattern of SA being issued and then a day or 2 after people getting decision made! Sometimes they will contact you within 2 weeks for passport scans, updated info chart even though it says decision made.

And other times they will just send out the COPR (correct me if I am wrong loly?). From decision made (Whether they ask you for passport scans or not) it takes from 2-6 weeks to get the COPR.

Assuming you and your sponsor are eligible you are about 99% certain to have been approved. Ask your sponsor to look in their mailbox, junk/spam e-mail folders for SA.

Spreadsheet updated!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
BritishBob - a very optimistic congrats for you! Should be a few weeks before COPR arrives but let us know when it does!

andyb2404 said:
Question for the Senior members and people who already have PR status,

Once you had SA, the next step is for Decision Made, now how to did get the decision made notification? Did CIC send an email to the PA or did you find out over the phone with the Call Centre?
Please read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Getting_the_final_Decision_Made_and_the_COPR_document

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
BritishBob - a very optimistic congrats for you! Should be a few weeks before COPR arrives but let us know when it does!

Please read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Getting_the_final_Decision_Made_and_the_COPR_document
Thanks SchnookoLoly!!! I guess I have to keep checking ECAS then. Was hoping they would send an email informing you of an update in ECAS or an email the same way as they send email for AOR and SA.

sherri

May 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga / London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-06-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Yay progress!

Change your address. It's fine for you to say he's in Canada as a visitor while he waits for his application to come through. It iwll be far more convenient to get the COPR in Canada. Andrew is updating yo on the spreadsheet! He's quick.

Can we update your location please?
Thank you to all of you super helpful and informative members on this forum. Very grateful for your insight and information.

Definitely, we are located near Vancouver, BC.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
SchnookoLoly said:

SchnookoLoly - Thanks so much for your input and feedback... I guess its time to sit tight, cross fingers and wait!! Good luck to everyone!

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
So my wife just called CIC to get a status update as ECAS has not been updated to reflect the SA or anything else.
The agent told us the application was very straight forward and its been sent to Etobicoke to be finalised and to "set up an appointment so we can go in sign all the paperwork to complete everything"

Does anyone have any idea what all of that means?? On the SA email it said our application was being kept in Mississauga.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
andyb2404 said:
So my wife just called CIC to get a status update as ECAS has not been updated to reflect the SA or anything else.
The agent told us the application was very straight forward and its been sent to Etobicoke to be finalised and to "set up an appointment so we can go in sign all the paperwork to complete everything"

Does anyone have any idea what all of that means?? On the SA email it said our application was being kept in Mississauga.
I think what it means is that you have experienced the infamous CIC mis-information line! Not sure how long ago you got your SA email. It took almost a week from what I can remember for ECAS to be updated for me, after the email.

I don't think the agent really knew what she was talking about, as there is no appointment that you need to set up to sign paperwork. Just sit tight, as your application was kept in Mississauga (lucky you) it shouldn't be too long before you hear more about stage 2. Just keep an eye on ECAS and your emails.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
princesstigger said:
I think what it means is that you have experienced the infamous CIC mis-information line! Not sure how long ago you got your SA email. It took almost a week from what I can remember for ECAS to be updated for me, after the email.

I don't think the agent really knew what she was talking about, as there is no appointment that you need to set up to sign paperwork. Just sit tight, as your application was kept in Mississauga (lucky you) it shouldn't be too long before you hear more about stage 2. Just keep an eye on ECAS and your emails.
That was my first reaction also!!!
The impression the agent gave us was the application had already been sent to Etobicoke and he said we would hear from them soon.
We received SA on Wednesday, so what I'm thinking is this is a landing interview, so rather than us having to go to the boarder with the COPR letter we go to Etobicoke with the COPR letter instead.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
Just received decision made! Can someone update the spreadsheet please! :)