+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
andrew-brit said:
Would you like to be added to the spreadsheet? If so please provide the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Spreadsheet link is in my signature.
Sure....I've been watching the spread sheet with great interest since we started this whole process.
Application posted today...should arrive by end of week, will let you know.
We are married
Both in UK, I guess Birmingham is our closest major city.
We've done all of the Medical and police checks up front (to hopefully speed things along)
Thanks

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Thanks, I added you. Let us know when your application arrives so I can updated the spreadsheet.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
CanadianInUK said:
Morning all, from sunny BC. We are now over a month into our 'In Process' waiting period, as I see Nishra still is too....how likely do you think it is that CIC won't update ECAS to Decision Made and we'll just get a suprise in the mail?

Also - we had intended to flagpole at the nearest border crossing (Port Angeles/Victoria) but have been reading that not all border crossings have the customs facialities to 'land' PR applicants (you would get admited as visitor but have to go elsewhere to land)...has anyone heard this? I think I may need to call CIC.

Thanks as always!
hey, i checked the other day in CIC help site what does it mean Status of "In Process" it actually means to them that our application started entering data in computer, now as far as i know i have filled it in by typing and vailded it all and it coded in barcode on each application, all they have to do is scan the barcode and hey "happy days" everything should be recorded lol now i dont understand why its taking so long from changing in process to decision made?

acg

Feb 14, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Would you like to be added to the spreadsheet? If so please provide the following info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Spreadsheet link is in my signature.
Hey you can add me too, I've been analysing the spreadsheet since I came across it on Saturday and it has restored some degree of calm for me.

Received in Mississauga: 22 Oct 2014
Married
Sponsor approval 22 Jan 2015
Processing in Mississauga
Request for additional documents & clarification on form IMM5669: 19th Jan 2015
Says "we began processing your application on 28th January" when I log in to on-line services, and "medical results have been received"
Current location of PA: Dublin, Ireland
Visa exempt

Hoping to hear soon! thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianInUK said:
Also - we had intended to flagpole at the nearest border crossing (Port Angeles/Victoria) but have been reading that not all border crossings have the customs facialities to 'land' PR applicants (you would get admited as visitor but have to go elsewhere to land)...has anyone heard this? I think I may need to call CIC.
There would be no point in calling CIC, as it is CBSA that is in charge of the border. You can flagpole from Port Angeles.

Brombino said:
so it is all very much a guessing and waiting game (and as we all know, it is hard to plan unless one has a rough timeline to work with).

I also understand that to alleviate the insane number of apps and reduce the processing times at the London office, some of the apps may be held in Canada and processed in Ottawa?

It does beg the question - why on earth were the Islamabad apps all sent to the London office and not distributed evenly around CIC offices worldwide? Why is the London office a dumping ground?
Have a look at the forum spreadsheet to get a good idea of the actual average.

Many London apps are being held in Mississauga or sent to Ottawa.

Probably because London is a large office that already handled quite a few Pakistani apps and so was better set up to deal with them better than any other office.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
acg said:
Hey you can add me too, I've been analysing the spreadsheet since I came across it on Saturday and it has restored some degree of calm for me.

Received in Mississauga: 22 Oct 2014
Married
Sponsor approval 22 Jan 2015
Processing in Mississauga
Request for additional documents & clarification on form IMM5669: 19th Jan 2015
Says "we began processing your application on 28th January" when I log in to on-line services, and "medical results have been received"
Current location of PA: Dublin, Ireland
Visa exempt

Hoping to hear soon! thanks!
Added! Thanks.

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hopefully someone can give me some advice on this. So I was requested to submit new photos by LVO, which I already did. Now I was wondering that do we have to email them and ask that if they have received it or does LVO let you know once they have received the requested information they were looking for. And the photos have been delivered to LVO according to the tracking of the courier company. So if someone can advise me what happens after they request something and it gets delivered to them, do we email them or just go according to the delivery status and wait to see if LVO requests anything after.

Thanks in advance.

acg

Feb 14, 2015
rays17026 said:
Hopefully someone can give me some advice on this. So I was requested to submit new photos by LVO, which I already did. Now I was wondering that do we have to email them and ask that if they have received it or does LVO let you know once they have received the requested information they were looking for. And the photos have been delivered to LVO according to the tracking of the courier company. So if someone can advise me what happens after they request something and it gets delivered to them, do we email them or just go according to the delivery status and wait to see if LVO requests anything after.

Thanks in advance.
I got an e-mail request for additional police certs and e-mailed them about 2 weeks after they should have received them asking for confirmation and they replied saying they had. I had also included with the police certs a cover letter asking for confirmation that they received them, which I don't know if they would have done but I was very anxious anyway.

Also, for Mississauga the address for case-specific stuff is a PO box so I couldn't send them by courier - which meant I couldn't track it.

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
acg said:
Also, for Mississauga the address for case-specific stuff is a PO box so I couldn't send them by courier - which meant I couldn't track it.
Well for me it was requested from LVO not Mississauga my file has already been transferred to LVO. The status shows as delivered to Canada house at LVO but I haven't gotten any confirmation from LVO if they have received it. So that's why I am just wondering if there is anything for me to do or to they let you know. I know London doesn't reply to emails that are not urgent.

christian9536

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-03-2015
I was wondering if I could get the spreadsheet updated please. I received SA on Feb 12th and then received an email from CPC Mississauga on Feb 13th requesting a copy of passport, 2 photos and an updated info form. Passport request i presume? thank you

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
rays17026 said:
Well for me it was requested from LVO not Mississauga my file has already been transferred to LVO. The status shows as delivered to Canada house at LVO but I haven't gotten any confirmation from LVO if they have received it. So that's why I am just wondering if there is anything for me to do or to they let you know. I know London doesn't reply to emails that are not urgent.
You won't hear nothing back from Lvo. You have your tracking # and that's the best confirmation your going to get .. When did you apply ? and are you visa exempt.I'm going on 8 months and just wondering how every one else is doing.

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could ask a few questions please?

Good news! My husband got off the plane yesterday to an email requesting passport copy and photos!! That is super exciting! Then today when i checked ECAS it said Decision Made as well (not sure when that happened, hadn't checked since early last week as to not jinx it!). That makes it just under 6mths with two different document requests, through Mississauga.

The email says that we can send the photos and passport copy to either London or Ottawa - does anyone have any info on if there is a "better" way to do that? Ottawa or London?
We are waffling because we are going to actually be in the UK for a few weeks in March, so if it is quicker to get the COPR sent to the UK we could have it sent to his parents house and he could actually land upon our return to Canada at the end of March. I have checked the spreadsheet and it looks like the people that are in the UK have gotten their COPR usually within a couple weeks of the DM/PPR, and people in Canada it has been 3-5 wks. We are thinking if we send it to Ottawa to be sent to our home here in Calgary, we will likely get it while we are actually away, and then will have to try to land after we have already returned.

So my following question is - can my husband "land" at the Calgary airport after we have returned? If we do decide to send it to Ottawa (I feel it makes it less complicated, just will take longer) and in case we do not get the COPR in time to land on our return flight from the UK, is it possible to just go to the airport to land, or would we need to go to a car border crossing?

Thanks so much in advance! I tried to do some searches on this so I do know other people have asked before, but I could not find a clear answer!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lola_b said:
We are waffling because we are going to actually be in the UK for a few weeks in March, so if it is quicker to get the COPR sent to the UK we could have it sent to his parents house and he could actually land upon our return to Canada at the end of March. I have checked the spreadsheet and it looks like the people that are in the UK have gotten their COPR usually within a couple weeks of the DM/PPR, and people in Canada it has been 3-5 wks. We are thinking if we send it to Ottawa to be sent to our home here in Calgary, we will likely get it while we are actually away, and then will have to try to land after we have already returned.

So my following question is - can my husband "land" at the Calgary airport after we have returned? If we do decide to send it to Ottawa (I feel it makes it less complicated, just will take longer) and in case we do not get the COPR in time to land on our return flight from the UK, is it possible to just go to the airport to land, or would we need to go to a car border crossing?
There is a good chance that even if you send it to London and specifically request the COPR be sent to his parents' house, they will still send it to the mailing address they have on file for you, which I assume is the Calgary address. CIC isn't one for keeping track of or updating addresses in a timely fashion.

He cannot just go to the airport to do it. He can flagpole at the US-Canada border or fly out of Canada and re-enter. The other alternative is to make an appointment at a CIC office to land, though it can take weeks or sometimes months to get an appointment.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
This is on behalf of "atra" who actually posted on "SPOUSAL IMMIGRATION - File transferred to London Office from Islamabad", the following message:

"Dear Everyone,
Decision on my application was made on Dec 28, 2014. Received email for sending the passport to CHC Islamabad on Jan 19, 2014 which has been sent through TCS on next day e.g. Jan 20, 2015.
Wish every one good luck for their cases"

I asked him to share his timeline and also post on this page so that spread sheet could be updated, instead he sent me a personal message for the same. Andrew / SchnookoLoly please update his status.

Decision made Dec 28, 2014
Date of COPR received in mail: Feb 14, 2015

mccolldave

Feb 17, 2015
I am a UK Citizen but am currently a resident in Bolivia due to my work. A couple of questions:

1) For my document checklist do I use the British Information Guide (IM3901) or the Latin America (IM3908) guide? It says 'depending on where you live' but some of the requirements in the Latin America guide are not very relevant to my situation since I only have 2 year residency.

2) I have residency in Bolivia until May 2016, however, my work contract ends in August 2015 and at that point I will be returning to the UK. We are submitting our papers in March, this year, will I need to notify CIC of the change at the time or should I make them aware of it in my application?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!