+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AndyMc

Jan 9, 2015
First post here, looking to send our application off in the next week or so.

The 29 month estimate clearly doesn't correlate with the "real life" cases in the spreadsheet. In fact, if anything, there looks to be a general trend of the total processing time falling for UK applicants so it really doesn't make a lot of sense.

A more optimistic interpretation (at least for those of us in this thread) is that the London office is going to be dealing with more of the Pakistan applications and more of the UK applicants will be processed in Ottawa or Mississauga.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
I wonder whether all straightforward UK cases will now just remiain in Canada at Mississagua or Ottawa much like the US applications are all processed in Ottawa and only red flagged apps go to LA. London might just keep those cases that may require more intense scrutiny. Just a thought.
I thought of that aswell! I really hope that would be the case... but it feels like there would be no way of finding out if it actually is this way? And is it worth taking the risk of sending it and then still have to wait 29 months? I know me and my husband have a straight forward application, we have proof of everything, all papers in order... I just feel like there is NO reason our application would that that long to go through. Thats why Im now considering going to Canada and apply from within there since I would be able to apply for a open work permit aswell.

Szymon

Aug 15, 2014
Hi, thought I should add myself to the spreadsheet. Applying Outland, requested London office, location is London, application received 5th November 2014, AOR 28th January 2015 and SA 30th January 2015, Visa Office confirmed as Ottawa. meds done 8th October 2014.

Clearly given the holidays etc. and that nothing much has been approved since late last year its all a bit of a guessing game at the moment as to how long any visa office will take, hopefully it will speed up in the next month or 2 and we should start to see some DM's and can get a better grasp of how long all these offices are taking.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
mrs.sweden said:
I thought of that aswell! I really hope that would be the case... but it feels like there would be no way of finding out if it actually is this way? And is it worth taking the risk of sending it and then still have to wait 29 months? I know me and my husband have a straight forward application, we have proof of everything, all papers in order... I just feel like there is NO reason our application would that that long to go through. Thats why Im now considering going to Canada and apply from within there since I would be able to apply for a open work permit aswell.
I have a feeling this 29 months might just be 'worst case scenario' as well, allowing CIC to deflect questions about applications as it hasn't exceeded the quoted times. Much like Ottawa is about 15/16 months but most apps take only 6/7, although they have slowed to a virtual stop at the moment as well.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
mrs.sweden said:
29 Months?! This can't be right?!

I just had my medical done wednesday and was planning on sending my whole application in 2 weeks. I was feeling so good about beeing able to move to Canada hopefully at the end of this year. Now it feels like all the work I've done is for nothing! Should I just go to Canada with my husband and apply inland since I'd hopefully be able to get a work visa permit while waiting for the inland to go through?

I dont know what to do...
Outlandshould be your option..LVO will process the cases in 12 months if not 7-8 months as was the case earlier..29 months is becuase of their already LOG accumulated becoz 100s of file transfeered to LVO from ISB in mid. 2013 and ealry 2014. So they cleared that most of the files, however when the Computer calcualted the avg. it has to be higer than 11 months coz those files were transferred in 2013 and 2012...

I believe direct files to LVO doesnot take more than 1 year , you can see the SPREADSHEET and analyze ur self.....hope it clarifies alot of anxieties....

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
I have a feeling this 29 months might just be 'worst case scenario' as well, allowing CIC to deflect questions about applications as it hasn't exceeded the quoted times. Much like Ottawa is about 15/16 months but most apps take only 6/7, although they have slowed to a virtual stop at the moment as well.
Thats what I hope it is... but I used to think the 11 months used to be for "worst case scenario"... so I dont understand why it would be 29 months now. Ahhh I just dont know what to do, I feel like I need more information but dont know how to get it. Seems like its easier now to just go and apply inland instead :(

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
shy_guy said:
Outlandshould be your option..LVO will process the cases in 12 months if not 7-8 months as was the case earlier..29 months is becuase of their already LOG accumulated becoz 100s of file transfeered to LVO from ISB in mid. 2013 and ealry 2014. So they cleared that most of the files, however when the Computer calcualted the avg. it has to be higer than 11 months coz those files were transferred in 2013 and 2012...

I believe direct files to LVO doesnot take more than 1 year , you can see the SPREADSHEET and analyze ur self.....hope it clarifies alot of anxieties....
Actually that a fair point, the average time is calculated based on the average time is took to process 80% of all applications from 1st Jan to 31st Dec 14, so all these transferred cases from previous years would have skewed the processing times to this crazy extent.

Good work shy-guy. I agree applying outland is still the best bet!

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
Actually that a fair point, the average time is calculated based on the average time is took to process 80% of all applications from 1st Jan to 31st Dec 14, so all these transferred cases from previous years would have skewed the processing times to this crazy extent.

Good work shy-guy. I agree applying outland is still the best bet!
I would def still prefer to apply outland, but this worries me alot. Shy-Guy is def making a good point! That made me a little more at ease. But Dec 2014 is not that long ago and if 80% of the application had an average time of 29 months there still a pretty good chance of mine taking just as long. Or am I understanding this wrong?

Also thanks so much for replying and helping me out to all of you! :)

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
If I was just applying now, I would have seriously considered applying Inland rather than Outland. Yes, I wouldn't have been able to leave the country for a while, but I wouldn't be stuck on the other side of the Atlantic from my wife for a prolonged period of time. The London Visa office just seems to be getting slower and slower and for a visa exempt country that is part of the Commonwealth it's just not on.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mrs.sweden said:
I would def still prefer to apply outland, but this worries me alot. Shy-Guy is def making a good point! That made me a little more at ease. But Dec 2014 is not that long ago and if 80% of the application had an average time of 29 months there still a pretty good chance of mine taking just as long. Or am I understanding this wrong?

Also thanks so much for replying and helping me out to all of you! :)
It's not an average. Let's say that London has 100 files to process. The time means that it took 11 months to finish 80 of those files (prior to the timeline changing). It also means that many of those 80 files took less than 11 months, and those that took longer had issues (criminality, security issues, or doubts about the relationship).
The new number is severely skewed, because files from 2012 were sent to London, so while London did them fairly quickly, they were already at 18+ months by the time they got there. They have to count the full time in their stats, which is why it has skyrocketed, because those files from Islamabad were in their stats. I've read that the backlog has been cleared, so I expect the next update (whenever that is!) will go back down to a reasonable number, although likely still elevated, since they deal with applicants from Pakistan, and from what I've read, there are often delays from the Pakistani side in terms of getting responses.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scotmoose said:
If I was just applying now, I would have seriously considered applying Inland rather than Outland. Yes, I wouldn't have been able to leave the country for a while, but I wouldn't be stuck on the other side of the Atlantic from my wife for a prolonged period of time. The London Visa office just seems to be getting slower and slower and for a visa exempt country that is part of the Commonwealth it's just not on.
I know nothing about applying inland, so that is the case that I wouldnt be allowed to leave Canada under ANY circumstances? Let's say a close family member back home dies? (knock on wood).

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mrs.sweden said:
I know nothing about applying inland, so that is the case that I wouldnt be allowed to leave Canada under ANY circumstances? Let's say a close family member back home dies? (knock on wood).
There are two problems with leaving. The first would be duration, since one of the requirements of applying inland is living in Canada with your spouse, so if you leave for a month, then CIC could say that you are no longer living together in Canada, and refuse you.
The second is if you are refused entry to Canada. If that happens, then again, you are violating the requirements, and your application would be deemed abandoned.
Visa-exempt applicants are not usually refused, but it's still a gamble. If you are refused entry, and you applied outland, it would have zero effect on your application.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MilesAway said:
There are two problems with leaving. The first would be duration, since one of the requirements of applying inland is living in Canada with your spouse, so if you leave for a month, then CIC could say that you are no longer living together in Canada, and refuse you.
The second is if you are refused entry to Canada. If that happens, then again, you are violating the requirements, and your application would be deemed abandoned.
Visa-exempt applicants are not usually refused, but it's still a gamble. If you are refused entry, and you applied outland, it would have zero effect on your application.
Alright thanks that clears that question up! If I decide to go with inland I'll just pray for nothing happening back home in Sweden during this time :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
smily_S said:
I received email with pdf attached letter from LVO that my photos doesn't match the specifications, therefore, I should submit 4 photos in 45 days. and there are 2 links for photo specification.
Spreadsheet updated.

Szymon said:
Hi, thought I should add myself to the spreadsheet. Applying Outland, requested London office, location is London, application received 5th November 2014, AOR 28th January 2015 and SA 30th January 2015, Visa Office confirmed as Ottawa. meds done 8th October 2014.
I added you to the spreadsheet. Just to confirm are you married or common-law?

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MilesAway said:
It's not an average. Let's say that London has 100 files to process. The time means that it took 11 months to finish 80 of those files (prior to the timeline changing). It also means that many of those 80 files took less than 11 months, and those that took longer had issues (criminality, security issues, or doubts about the relationship).
The new number is severely skewed, because files from 2012 were sent to London, so while London did them fairly quickly, they were already at 18+ months by the time they got there. They have to count the full time in their stats, which is why it has skyrocketed, because those files from Islamabad were in their stats. I've read that the backlog has been cleared, so I expect the next update (whenever that is!) will go back down to a reasonable number, although likely still elevated, since they deal with applicants from Pakistan, and from what I've read, there are often delays from the Pakistani side in terms of getting responses.
Ahhhh okay I understand now! If clears it up for me! I still want to apply outland since that's what I've been working on for months now and have my mind set on. We'll just have to see if any more info comes up over the next few days. Once again thank you for your time to explain everything :)