+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

RideOrDie

Dec 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th November 2014
AOR Received.
22nd January 2015 SA Received...: 26th January 2015 Via email
File Transfer...
26th January 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
ECAS Changed"In Process" 4th September 2015...ECAS Changed "Decision Made"on 21st September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received 23rd September 2015

Raze

Feb 3, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Great news! Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If so please provide the following information (I have filled some in with the info you provided). Just click quote on this post and edit. Thanks!

Hi please add me to the spreed sheet

Name Raze
-Date application received in Mississauga - 26/09/2014
-applied as Married
-Date of sponsor approval - 2015-01-08 on this we got our email with a file number,which enabled us to log on the ECAS But we never received an Official confirmation of sponsor approval.
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) - London
Mississauga-
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - 3-2-15 document requested.....4/2/15---$490 for the RPRF
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - YES I AM Visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- LONDON UK

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
RideOrDie said:
Hi Everyone,

I received SA on 26th January 2015 and my application was sent to LVO, my ECAS has been updated 2 days after receiving SA in the perminant residence section to "medicals received".

My question is does LVO send out AOR?

Thats it..they donot mail SA or AoR

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Raze said:
andrew-brit said:
Great news! Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If so please provide the following information (I have filled some in with the info you provided). Just click quote on this post and edit. Thanks!

Hi please add me to the spreed sheet

Name Raze
-Date application received in Mississauga - 26/09/2014
-applied as Married
-Date of sponsor approval - 2015-01-08 on this we got our email with a file number,which enabled us to log on the ECAS But we never received an Official confirmation of sponsor approval.
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) - London
Mississauga-
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - 3-2-15 document requested.....4/2/15---$490 for the RPRF
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - YES I AM Visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- LONDON UK
So have you received sponsor approval or not? I presume you have but you list 2 visa offices which are processing phase 2? Please clarify.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
shy_guy said:
Thanks..
Do LVO acknowledge by email after you send that form. How long do they take to send you an acknowledgement email..
No they do not acknowledge. But they respond to case specific inquiries after 28 days.

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
My lawyer just called:

My COPR arrived this morning!! Delighted. I was convinced it was lost as I had a decision made in late October.

I was told the issue date on the document is October 26th and it wasn't mailed out until late January! Insanely slow!! All the same, glad it has finally arrived!!

They made it conditional though which I'm told it shouldn't have been because my son in Canadian. I'm not going to go back and ask for an amendment though because it could take months to resolve. The condition isn't restrictive at all anyway. :D

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
murphn24 said:
My lawyer just called:

My COPR arrived this morning!! Delighted. I was convinced it was lost as I had a decision made in late October.

I was told the issue date on the document is October 26th and it wasn't mailed out until late January! Insanely slow!! All the same, glad it has finally arrived!!

They made it conditional though which I'm told it shouldn't have been because my son in Canadian. I'm not going to go back and ask for an amendment though because it could take months to resolve. The condition isn't restrictive at all anyway. :D
Congrats, glad it finally arrived! IT sounds like there was just a hiccup that it wasn't mailed until January... sat on someone's desk or something if I had to guess! But at least you have it now and you can go get your landing done. Given you have a kid I'm guessing the "conditional" restriction doesn't actually mean much to you so I agree, no point bothering to get it amended, assuming you are planning on continuing to live together and not splitting up in the next 2 years! :)

Spreadsheet updated, congrats again!

smily_S

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
7-1-2015
File Transfer...
7-1-2015
Med's Request
26-08-2015
Med's Done....
19-9-2014 & 2-9-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2015
Thank you so much!! :)
SchnookoLoly said:
Okay, a zillion posts being answered all in one.

The applications on the spreadsheet are the ones that were sent directly from Mississauga to London. Anything that went via Islamabad and was later transferred to London is not included on the spreadsheet. "Standard countries" refers to the applications that would have gone through London anyway - that is, applications made by Brits, Swedish, Irish, etc.

Resources get shuffled around as required. Everything slows down in January because a load of streams re-open, not just IEC. This includes Express Entry, Grandparent Sponsorship, and so on.

Sometimes it goes to the back, and sometimes it does not. Hard to say. Your best indication is to look at the spreadsheet. The Notes column shows where people have had additional requests (info, documents, etc); you can see how their timelines have or have not varied.

I would put it in CAD. Use the current exchange rate. On a separate sheet of paper, write out your calculation, something like:
Original earning in GBP: £50,000
Exchange rate used: 1.90 on 3-Feb-2015
CAD equivalent: $94,822
(all figures fictional just for the purposes of illustration!)

The child is probably already Canadian and therefore does not need to be included. Canadian children are not included on the application form at all.

There has been a lot of debate about this. If you leave Canada right after you file your application then CIC may -- MAY -- get grumpy about it - you would have only just qualified, so you'd need to be 100% sure that they will deem your one-year living together as sufficient. Most people who aren't living together have qualified as common-law for awhile, which CIC does allow. Of course, the shorter the relationship and common-law status, the riskier it is. Given that you are right on the cusp, I would suggest either staying in Canada as a visitor, having your boyfriend accompany you to the UK, or getting married and applying as a married couple, where living apart is not taken into (as much) consideration.

If you must live separately, I would suggest trying to remain living together until you at least have sponsor approval through. Alternatively, consider applying inland (then you will definitely not be able to go back to the UK) and you can get a work permit after 4 months, as long as you are fine for the actual PR to take over two years to be in hand.

Sue CIC? For what? Forget that. That's ridiculous. You are in a lineup with hundreds of other people. Relax.

I know you have been waiting for ages, but you are from a non-visa-exempt country and those applications do take a lot longer. The thing is that now your application has been in London for 13 months, which is over their advertised 11, so all you can do is email them to ask for an update. But you have already gotten your MP involved, and you have your case notes, so there's not much more you can do for now but continue to wait.

They aren't out to get you, they aren't holding your application back as a joke - it is an official immigration process and for some people it takes a long time, and for some people it takes a very long time. It's possible there are flags in your application. It's possible that your background checks are completed, but came back with flags, so further checks are required.

Yes it's frustrating, but there isn't much you can do but continue to wait. Give it 2-3 weeks and then chase up with an email again. Badgering them won't accomplish anything since you already have your notes, and you've already gotten your MP involved.

They will ask for the whole passport, in colour, all pages, front and back, including the blank ones. Your photocopies should make their own 'full passport'.

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
Congrats, glad it finally arrived! IT sounds like there was just a hiccup that it wasn't mailed until January... sat on someone's desk or something if I had to guess! But at least you have it now and you can go get your landing done. Given you have a kid I'm guessing the "conditional" restriction doesn't actually mean much to you so I agree, no point bothering to get it amended, assuming you are planning on continuing to live together and not splitting up in the next 2 years! :)

Spreadsheet updated, congrats again!
Yeah I think it just got looked over for a few months! What a system.. Yes, no issues on the cohabitation front so the two year conditional isn't a bother. Thanks very much for all your/everyone else's help since I started this process! It's really appreciated. Now I just need to make a trip to Niagara! :)

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
Received AOR today. Fingers crossed for speedy SA.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Sibby said:
Received AOR today. Fingers crossed for speedy SA.
Spreadsheet updated. Thanks.

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
Hey All

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

My outland PR app was delivered (canada post receipt) on 20/1/15 but not able to see anything online yet. I know CIC are slow but just wondering how long it took for other people to view a Application Received Status?

Also a question about Visitor Records if anyone knows...

i was given a VR in Sept for 6 months whilst I filed my application, it ends in March but I went on holiday to Dominican Republic and re entered in Jan. It was 230am and the CBSA guy just stamped the VR in my passport and I didn't think to ask him at the time. Does this mean I am good for 6 months or should I extend my VR still? Don't want to break any rules without knowing...

Thanks in Advance

:D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mrsb2014 said:
My outland PR app was delivered (canada post receipt) on 20/1/15 but not able to see anything online yet. I know CIC are slow but just wondering how long it took for other people to view a Application Received Status?

Also a question about Visitor Records if anyone knows...

i was given a VR in Sept for 6 months whilst I filed my application, it ends in March but I went on holiday to Dominican Republic and re entered in Jan. It was 230am and the CBSA guy just stamped the VR in my passport and I didn't think to ask him at the time. Does this mean I am good for 6 months or should I extend my VR still? Don't want to break any rules without knowing...
You usually can't see anything on ECAS until after sponsor approval.

Normally, when a visitor leaves and re-enters, their visitor status restarts. If the officer stamped the entry date in your passport, that means 6 months. However, given the current processing times, you will have to extend your status at some point anyways; if you want to play it safe, you can apply to extend your status now and ask for a year.

RideOrDie

Dec 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th November 2014
AOR Received.
22nd January 2015 SA Received...: 26th January 2015 Via email
File Transfer...
26th January 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
ECAS Changed"In Process" 4th September 2015...ECAS Changed "Decision Made"on 21st September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received 23rd September 2015
Hi all,

I received an email today from LVO

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You have submitted photographs which do not meet our requirements. Please provide four (4) new photographs which meet the specifications. We require these photos for you and each of your dependents on the application.

the photographs they are requesting is that just for me? we have one child that is Canadian citizen through a Canadian parent which we applied for her citizenship separately?

also is this a good sign since they are only wanting new photographs this soon?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
RideOrDie said:
Hi all,

I received an email today from LVO

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You have submitted photographs which do not meet our requirements. Please provide four (4) new photographs which meet the specifications. We require these photos for you and each of your dependents on the application.

the photographs they are requesting is that just for me? we have one child that is Canadian citizen through a Canadian parent which we applied for her citizenship separately?

also is this a good sign since they are only wanting new photographs this soon?
They want the correct photographs for applicants applying for permanent residency. Your child is a Canadian citizen so you do not need to provide photos your child.

I think any communication with LVO is a good thing! You have a while to go yet though based on the average processing time.

Edit: Spreadsheet updated