+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Lola - spreadsheet updated. Not sure where you read police certificates were only required for the past 5 years... if memory serves, police certificates are required for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18.

Misslissa - Yes, file your application ASAP as it will be better for your boyfriend to already have SA through when he returns to Canada, then he can enter under dual intent more easily. (He still can if you don't have SA, it's just easier if you do!) As others have said, he does need a police check for the UK and for any other country he has lived in for more than 6 months (excluding Canada), and none of the police checks can be more than 3 months old when you apply, so pay attention. He also has to have the medical done BEFORE you send off the application, so he might as well do that when he's in the UK.

Hope that helps!

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Lola - spreadsheet updated. Not sure where you read police certificates were only required for the past 5 years... if memory serves, police certificates are required for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18.

Misslissa - Yes, file your application ASAP as it will be better for your boyfriend to already have SA through when he returns to Canada, then he can enter under dual intent more easily. (He still can if you don't have SA, it's just easier if you do!) As others have said, he does need a police check for the UK and for any other country he has lived in for more than 6 months (excluding Canada), and none of the police checks can be more than 3 months old when you apply, so pay attention. He also has to have the medical done BEFORE you send off the application, so he might as well do that when he's in the UK.

Hope that helps!
Thanks everyone.

I thought he needed the medical and police check before as well, but last night when we were talking he said he had read somewhere that he didn't. There's so much confusing stuff online!

Looks like I might have to do some nagging tonight! lol

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
If it's on the checklist, you need it. The checklist and the guide is INCREDIBLY clear about what you need and what has to be submitted when you apply, so I suggest you sit down with a cup of tea and re-read both guides and both checklists. :)

Jun 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Checked the mail box today and found our COPR!

The postman crudely folded it over to fit in the box, but we're happy to not have it!

It took Ottawa 3 weeks to send it out from the date they received our passport copy, photo and updated information.
They didn't send back the second pre-paid envelope we sent them, so it will be interesting to see if anything else shows up in the mail.

We are planning a trip to Alexandria Bay in New York this weekend, and return to Canada via ferry to Wolfe Island.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support along the way. We can post an update about our border crossing if you'd like. : )

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
^ Congrats, glad you got it! Happy landing! Don't forget your goods to follow etc if you need it, I posted a link to a wiki article about landing recently. Good luck! :)

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Thanks for updating it!! Yes of course, sorry was confused. We hadn't included it in our application as he only actually lived there for 4 months, despite having a residents visa. Its not a total surprise that they have asked!
Thanks again for the update! :)

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
nonothavingfun said:

The postman crudely folded it over to fit in the box, but we're happy to not have it!

It took Ottawa 3 weeks to send it out from the date they received our passport copy, photo and updated information.
They didn't send back the second pre-paid envelope we sent them, so it will be interesting to see if anything else shows up in the mail.

We are planning a trip to Alexandria Bay in New York this weekend, and return to Canada via ferry to Wolfe Island.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support along the way. We can post an update about our border crossing if you'd like. : )
Congrats!

Was it in the inconspicuous brown envelope? Let's hope they send PR cards in the requested second xpresspost envelope - I will be pissed off if they've made us fork out for these only to throw them away.

jedjad

Sep 7, 2014
Graihn said:
Is there a condition 51 on your CoPR? If so you have to reside together for two years from when you land.
When does the CoPR expire? We're your kids sponsored too? If not, you can wait with landing till your back in January, and just enter as a visitor in December. That is if your kids weren't being sponsored.
Hi Graihn,

There are no conditions on my CoPR and it expires on 2015/02/13 (1 year on from my medical).
My wife and children are all Canadian so there is only me to worry about!
There are two reasons why I wanted to land in December (1) I thought that the applicant and sponsor had to land together which will only be in December since I will be returning to UK by myself and wife/kids staying in Canada, and (2) I want to start applying for jobs ASAP and I can only do this once I have my PR card.

Any thoughts? Many thanks. jedjad

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jedjad said:
(1) I thought that the applicant and sponsor had to land together which will only be in December since I will be returning to UK by myself and wife/kids staying in Canada, and (2) I want to start applying for jobs ASAP and I can only do this once I have my PR card.
1. You don't need to have your sponsor with you when landing.

2. You don't need your PR card to apply for jobs. All you need is a valid SIN card, which you can obtain on the day you land if you can get to a Service Canada office in time.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonothavingfun said:

That's awesome. Been wondering how long it will take to come as I sent my one and they received on Tuesday. ....so hoping it's three weeks too....or quicker haha that's nuts if they don't use the envelope too. Congrats !

jedjad

Sep 7, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
1. You don't need to have your sponsor with you when landing.

2. You don't need your PR card to apply for jobs. All you need is a valid SIN card, which you can obtain on the day you land if you can get to a Service Canada office in time.
ok thanks. So would it be possible for me to land in December with wife (sponsor).I will be able to get SIN number.
Then she will remain in Canada and I will have to return to UK to work my notice period, and I will be able to apply for jobs from the UK with SIN number.
But am I able to leave Canada whilst my PR card is being processed? I will then return to Canada end of January.
This process is very confusing! Thanks for all your help. jedjad

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jedjad said:
But am I able to leave Canada whilst my PR card is being processed? I will then return to Canada end of January.
Yes, you can leave Canada and return at the end of January.

gander

Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some advice, sorry if this comes across as impatient! After submitting my PR application on the 9th of September (outland, common-law, I am British and my girlfriend is Canadian), the only contact I have had from CIC is an email, sent on the 20th of October, saying that they received my file on the 12th of September. I was hoping that SA would come through in less than two months, and I've tried to just not think about it but as of today its been 70 days since they received my application, and still no sponsor approval, despite CIC's processing times saying that stage 1 is currently taking 48 days, and that 'they are currently working on application received on the 25th of September (stage 1). I have tried many combinations of information to log into ECAS, but to no avail.. Am I right in thinking I won't be able to check on my application until I have received SA? And could anyone possibly offer any educated guess as to why my SA is taking longer than the other applications on the spreadsheet that were submitted in september?

Thanks in advance

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
gander said:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some advice, sorry if this comes across as impatient! After submitting my PR application on the 9th of September (outland, common-law, I am British and my girlfriend is Canadian), the only contact I have had from CIC is an email, sent on the 20th of October, saying that they received my file on the 12th of September. I was hoping that SA would come through in less than two months, and I've tried to just not think about it but as of today its been 70 days since they received my application, and still no sponsor approval, despite CIC's processing times saying that stage 1 is currently taking 48 days, and that 'they are currently working on application received on the 25th of September (stage 1). I have tried many combinations of information to log into ECAS, but to no avail.. Am I right in thinking I won't be able to check on my application until I have received SA? And could anyone possibly offer any educated guess as to why my SA is taking longer than the other applications on the spreadsheet that were submitted in september?
First, make sure to check the sponsor's spam (if you provided an email address) as our SA ended up there initially. If you still haven't received it, I strongly suggest you give them a call. There have been a few cases lately of applicants who haven't been notified about SA and found out it already had been granted when they called CIC. If it's the sponsor who calls, they might even be able to give you a UCI number to access ECAS.

70 days does seem a bit long, especially since you haven't been asked for additional documents or updated forms...

Oct 18, 2014
Decision made as of today (21 November).

I wonder if some kind soul could tell me (to save me trawling through this very resourceful thread!)...

a) whether that decision is likely to be a positive one and b) the timescales now involved for getting a COPR. I'm in the UK, my wife (sponsor) is in Saskatchewan, and our lawyer is in Toronto.

Appreciated!