+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jedjad said:
Thanks Graihn for the advice. If I could ask one more question:

Basically my wife and kids (all Canadian) will be returning to Canada mid-December and staying thereafter. I will be landing at this time but will have to return to UK a week later for work commitments. I will be returning to Canada permanently end of January.

My question is: Am I able to leave Canada whilst my permanent residence card is being processed? My wife will be living in Canada and is able to receive it and I will be travelling using my British passport.
Many thanks for the great forum. JEDJAD
Is there a condition 51 on your CoPR? If so you have to reside together for two years from when you land.
When does the CoPR expire? We're your kids sponsored too? If not, you can wait with landing till your back in January, and just enter as a visitor in December. That is if your kids weren't being sponsored.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
ECAS showing Decision Made as of November 19th

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
alicia13 said:
ECAS showing Decision Made as of November 19th
Sounds like it's decision made pending the result of the interview! Good news. :) It basically means they aren't going to process your applicaton further. If you pass the interview you're good, if you fail the interview then game over.

GOod luck!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Quick question regarding the spreadsheet.

On the Home and Statistics sheet you have stats relating to the fastest timeline, slowest timeline etc. Shouldn't the fastest be 50 days instead of 62? Unless my understanding of that table is not correct.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Err, yes. Strange. Hang on..................

ETA: Okay, fixed, one of my formulas had decided to stop updating and was missing 15 lines. :) Cheers for pointing that out!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Sounds like it's decision made pending the result of the interview! Good news. :) It basically means they aren't going to process your applicaton further. If you pass the interview you're good, if you fail the interview then game over.

GOod luck!
As far as I can see from other posts, a landing "interview" isn't a genuinity interview but more the processing of the COPR and PR card. On the letter I received it stated that this appointment was just to finalize the processing. I think it's because they see that my current address is within Canada, if I was living abroad I would be mailed the COPR and my landing would take place at whatever border I go to but seeing as I "visit"(read:live) here in Toronto they will process everything within Canada without me having to flagpole. Senior members correct me if I'm wrong!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
alicia13 said:
As far as I can see from other posts, a landing "interview" isn't a genuinity interview but more the processing of the COPR and PR card. On the letter I received it stated that this appointment was just to finalize the processing. I think it's because they see that my current address is within Canada, if I was living abroad I would be mailed the COPR and my landing would take place at whatever border I go to but seeing as I "visit"(read:live) here in Toronto they will process everything within Canada without me having to flagpole. Senior members correct me if I'm wrong!
If that's the case then it's very odd - look at the spreadsheet and the number of applicants who are already in Canada, I think only one has had what you have had, the other 99% had to flagpole.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Extra details requested (passport photos, copy of passport and updated information) for COPR posted to Ottawa on Tuesday and arrived early this morning. Hoping for a quick turnaround time

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
If that's the case then it's very odd - look at the spreadsheet and the number of applicants who are already in Canada, I think only one has had what you have had, the other 99% had to flagpole.
Ya it's so odd, almost like they are processing me as an "Inland" applicant...I will keep the board posted!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
My other thought is that Mississauga officers as used to processing Inland applicants and maybe that's why mine is going this way.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
^ But none of the other Mississauga applicants have had it.

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
Hey all, spreadsheet update for us!
We sent back the requested documents (marriage certificate and 'clarified' Schedule A) on October 18th. Today my spouse recieved an email asking for another document - a PCC for Oman (he had a resident visa there about 6 yrs ago, which is why we did not include it in the first place as it was more then 5 years recent history).
Good news is that they looked at our file again - pretty much bang on one month from when we sent the requested documents, for those wondering about turnaround time for document request :) But... kinda disappointing as this will probably add another 2-3 month delay by the time they get the PCC, and then look at our file again! Oh well... Do you want to update the spreadsheet please?

Thanks! Congrats to all those recently who have recieved their COPR! Its very exciting :)

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
A few questions.

1) Had you been living together for 1 year before your boyfriend went back to the UK?
2) How long as your boyfriend been back in the UK?
3) When is he coming back to Canada?

To answer some of your questions:
1) If he left Canada, he can enter at the border as a visitor. He must have a return ticket, this is more to be allowed on the flight rather than customs letting him in, but in either case, yes, he should have a return ticket.
2) If you are able to apply for spousal sponsorship BEFORE he returns to Canada, that would be better. Then when yuor boyfriend gets to the border he can show proof that the application has been submitted (receipt to show fees paid, tracking information to show the package was delivered, copy of sponsor approval letter if you have approval before he comes back to Canada). He can tell the CBSA agent he'd like to enter under dual intent. If he is returning before you apply, then he should have a return ticket and proof of funds for the length of the stay, a letter from you saying he's staying with you, he should say he's visiting his girlfriend not a lie) and show that he will return to the UK once his visitor visa expires. He shouldn't OFFER the information that he is planning to stay permanently, but if he's asked, he should NOT lie. If he is asked, he should say that you are plannig to apply for sponsorship, you are putting thea pplication together and should be filing in [however long], but he understands he can't work and that he has to remain in legal status in Canada, which means applying for a visa extension if rqeuired, or else returning to the UK to wait out the rest of the process.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your advice, SchnookoLoly! We've started going through some of the forms already. To answer your questions:

1) We have lived together for longer than one year before he went to visit in the UK. We were Common Law as of July 28th, 2014 and he is even listed as my spouse for my benefits and life insurance at work. I still need to call CRA and change my status to Common Law, too. So that should help.
2/3) My boyfriend left for the UK on October 21st (1 month tomorrow!) and will be returning at the end of January or beginning of February.

We're probably going to send in our application in the next few weeks and hope that the sponsorship approval comes in before he arrives. We were talking about waiting to get the medical done in Canada, and he was saying that he might not need the police check since he got one for his work visa and he hasn't been out of the country for more than 6 months. Are we off base with that?

Thanks again! Can't wait to post back on here to ask to be added to the spreadsheet! :D

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
misslissa said:
1) We have lived together for longer than one year before he went to visit in the UK. We were Common Law as of July 28th, 2014 and he is even listed as my spouse for my benefits and life insurance at work. I still need to call CRA and change my status to Common Law, too. So that should help.

You can do this online and print when complete. Just register an account. It may take a week to get registration information in the mail though.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
misslissa said:
We're probably going to send in our application in the next few weeks and hope that the sponsorship approval comes in before he arrives. We were talking about waiting to get the medical done in Canada, and he was saying that he might not need the police check since he got one for his work visa and he hasn't been out of the country for more than 6 months. Are we off base with that?
Your police clearance certificate(s) must not be older than 3 months when CIC receives the PR application. You will need to get a new application as the one your partner did for the work visa is too old.