+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

anonapplicant8

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 16-10-2015
So has Mississauga decided to skip all the August applicants and go straight to September? :-\ Not annoyed as the turn around is fast but curious.. CIC is always going to be a big mystery...

Congrats to all who have received decision made.. ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuknz said:
I know a lot of people have recommended contacting your MP after the 11 month mark (we're there!). Has anyone actually had any success doing this?
Some MPs won't do anything until you reach the posted processing time but others are nice enough to send inquiries early. It won't do any harm to ask.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update for spreadsheet.... received letter( November 17th) asking for passport copy. Detail conformation and 2 new pictures.....that's good right ? Lol anyways though I would add to spreadsheet. That means copr next right ?

Hope everyone is having good luck too

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Updated. YOu were already green because your ECAS says DM. COPR should be next, yes!

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome. Thanks again for providing spreadshwet. ....really helpful! :)

Will update when copr received. Hopefully doesn't take long lol

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
A quick question:

I can forward copy of passport and photos to london not Ottawa - I'm leaning towards London (not sure why)

Any thoughts?

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
Hi everyone!

I'm in the process of starting to put together our application to sponsor my common-law spouse (boyfriend), who is a UK citizen. From what I've read, I think that Outland is the best option for us, and reading all about your experiences here on the board have really cleared up a few things for me and given me some hope.

I was hoping for some advice, though:

My boyfriend is currently lives with me in Canada on a Work Visa that expires on June 14th 2015. He hasn't been working since July 28th 2013. It's long story about how the job he came here to do was not at all what he expected and we've had trouble finding someone who will submit an LMO, which is why we're finally going to go the spousal sponsorship route.
He is currently back in the UK for a visit to sort out some of his affairs, so I'm getting our application sorted out and might even send it in while he's still there.
So, once we file the application, should he change his visa to a Visitor Visa before he returns since he's not actually working? I do want him to be able to come back and live with me while the application is being processed, but I'm worried they won't grant him entry back in on the work permit. Also, would you recommend him having a return ticket for a few months later upon his return? Just so CBSA doesn't think he's a risk? Officially, we refer to him as "retired" on the application, since he's financially stable and doesn't really need to work (he been my happy homemaker these past months ;D). But if he doesn't have a job to go back to in the UK, will that be suspicious? Or am I just overanalysing things?

I know that we can apply online for the visitor visa, but I'm just thinking about what will happen at customs when he tries to come back to Canada in a month or so...

Thanks for any help and advice!!

MissLissa

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
PF said:
A quick question:

I can forward copy of passport and photos to london not Ottawa - I'm leaning towards London (not sure why)

Any thoughts?
Have you been asked to do this? If no, then don't. If you have, send it where they have asked you to send it.

Macanadian

Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Can you add me to the spreadsheet?

Application Received in Mississauga: September 26, 2014
Common Law/Married: Common-Law
Sponsor Approval: November 17, 2014
Processing Office: London but being processed in Mississauga

Thank you:)

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Graihn said:
Have you been asked to do this? If no, then don't. If you have, send it where they have asked you to send it.
I would be listing if I wasn't asked to do it - Yes I was asked to do this and they gave me the option to send to either visa office - it's for my copr

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
PF said:
I would be listing if I wasn't asked to do it - Yes I was asked to do this and they gave me the option to send to either visa office - it's for my copr
Sorry no clue. I hate getting more than one option. Always hard

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Graihn said:
Sorry no clue. I hate getting more than one option. Always hard
No worries, thanks

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
andrew-brit said:
May I add that I am disillusioned with CIC. Applying for Canadian permanent residency is not something that you take likely. We all spend months preparing to submit our application, and of course we all want a quick decision, but at the end of the day, no matter how strong an application is, how genuine the relationship is, how long you have been with your common law or spouse, it comes down to where your application is sent. I mean really? This is a government process and as such I feel it should be standardized in a way that applicants across the world get processed in around about the same timeline. How can people receive PR when they only applied in September 2014, while there are people who applied in January 2014 or even in 2013 still waiting?

What's worse is it is very clear that Mississauga and Ottawa are going a lot faster than London, and yet there are still applications being sent to London albeit few and far between. The only comfort that is told to London based applicants? "Oh that is weird, most UK based applications stay in Mississauga." Yeah thanks for that.

Anyway, that is my opinion,

From a disillusioned London applicant.

I hear you!! We lucked out with London.... I need to stop looking at the (very wonderful) spreadsheet :(

Oct 30, 2014
Hello All,

I have received a letter to state that my application is in the final stages of processing and that my PR visa can be issued. I have been asked to submit a few documents, including two recent photographs, an updated information chart, a photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of my passport within 30 days. I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for the London office to issue my PR visa.

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
stephaniemonica said:
Hello All,

I have received a letter to state that my application is in the final stages of processing and that my PR visa can be issued. I have been asked to submit a few documents, including two recent photographs, an updated information chart, a photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of my passport within 30 days. I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for the London office to issue my PR visa.
This happened to me and I wondered what will happen but don't worry, it shouldn't be long. The quicker you send off the requested documents, the quicker you'll receive your Visa. I received the email, on 21st August 2014, sent off the documents within a week then received my Visa in the post on 30th September 2014 :)