+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
taffy7 said:
I am the sponsor and for me i have never been able to log into ecas with my UCI # However i use the application file Number F00 and insert all my husbands information into it ( the applicant ) and i am able to see when the application was received and medicals received . My husband has not yet received a UCI #.
I remember you saying before Taffy that you had problems with ecas, I read somewhere else on the forum about CIC updating sponsor and spouses files with different information. I guess it's another one of those CIC inconsistencies!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
brucem said:
I remember you saying before Taffy that you had problems with ecas, I read somewhere else on the forum about CIC updating sponsor and spouses files with different information. I guess it's another one of those CIC inconsistencies!
Even when i call Cic they end up asking me for the file # .I may get the odd one who can locate it and access it, but iam on hold for ever then .

jedjad

Sep 7, 2014
Hi,

Update for the spreadsheet. We received COPR through post on 14th Nov. ;D

I just have one question. My wife (Canadian) sponsored me (British) for the PR application. At present we are both living in the U.K. and plan to fly to Canada in Dec. together when I will be landing.

However, with the additional information that comes with the COPR it says under the 'Proof of Sufficient Funds for Settlement' section that:

"...Members of the Family Class who have been sponsored by a relative in Canada are not required to provide proof of funds for settlement."

At present my wife (sponsor) is not in Canada. Does this mean we will have to present proof of funds when landing? Most of our initial funds will be coming from house sale which won't be completed by at the time of landing.

thanks, JedJad

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jedjad said:
Hi,

I just have one question. My wife (Canadian) sponsored me (British) for the PR application. At present we are both living in the U.K. and plan to fly to Canada in Dec. together when I will be landing.

However, with the additional information that comes with the COPR it says under the 'Proof of Sufficient Funds for Settlement' section that:

"...Members of the Family Class who have been sponsored by a relative in Canada are not required to provide proof of funds for settlement."

At present my wife (sponsor) is not in Canada. Does this mean we will have to present proof of funds when landing? Most of our initial funds will be coming from house sale which won't be completed by at the time of landing.

thanks, JedJad
No proof of funds necessary. You're reading too much into the "in Canada" part.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
Hi all

i am actually getting so jealous to see all these members getting decision made exacpt me??? my file arrived on 30th june and sponsor approved and it has been transfered to Otawa for further processing, how long does it take till i get my COPR - - is any contact no i can call and find out why is taking so long? by the way i loged in E-CAS and i saw this message on top of page - :

"Please note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience."

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
nishra said:
Hi all

i am actually getting so jealous to see all these members getting decision made exacpt me??? my file arrived on 30th june and sponsor approved and it has been transfered to Otawa for further processing, how long does it take till i get my COPR - - is any contact no i can call and find out why is taking so long? by the way i loged in E-CAS and i saw this message on top of page - :

"Please note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience."
There has only been a couple so its not everyone. As frustrating as it is you are still well within the time limits. Our application just went in a couple of weeks after you and also went to Ottawa after SA. We too have heard nothing. Some people who applied in January through London have still not been processed so dont worry about it. Keep calm and carry on.

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
olliekav said:
Soooo.... my application has been approved, and they sent out the COPR... BUT...

1. I've been on a visitor visa in Canada while I wait for it to arrive. (UK resident, Canadian wife).
2. CIC managed to muck up the input of my change of mailing address earlier in the year so they sent it to the wrong address in Ottawa. (I didn't realise).
3. We managed to contact the post office but is has been sent back to the UK
4. I've now notified CIC of the correct address but they haven't updated E-CAS so I've no idea if they have done it. They also didn't respond to my enquiry about what to do as a result of the above.

What happens now? Anyone had the same experience on how long it takes to get it sent back out again?

My 6 month visitor visa runs out in 4 weeks and I'll need to get it extended if it won't arrive in time (how do I go about this?). I am due to go back to the UK for two weeks at the start of December so do I just get a new visa when I get back to Canada if my other one hasn't arrived?

What a mess!
So they've finally updated my mailing address to the correct one, still no response on what happens in the above case though or if they have received it back. My application for extension of my visitor visa has been sent off now just incase. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
jedjad said:
Hi,

thanks, JedJad
As has been said, no proof of funds necessary! Happy landing! Don't forget stuff like your Goods to Follow and all that. This is worth reading ahead of landing: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

nishra said:
Hi all

What? There are only 5 applicants before you whose applications are in Ottawa. Two have been approved, three have not. There are 8 applications in Ottawa who applied after you, and NONE of those have been approved. So I don't know what you're on about. No, you cannot call anyone. No, it's not taking "so long". Look at the spreadsheet, there are BUCKETS of people who have applied before you who haven't heard, so just sit back and wait like everyone else. (Only six applications after you have heard, and all of them were processed through Mississauga.)

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Extra document request before issuing my COPR

Letter from London office requesting 2 extra passport photographs, information chart and photocopy of passport

Getting closer

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PF said:
Extra document request before issuing my COPR

Letter from London office requesting 2 extra passport photographs, information chart and photocopy of passport

Getting closer
That is your passport request, which is the same as Decision Made! Congrats! :D

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Thank you - I will forward requested info this evening.

Thank you for this forum - fantastic resource

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
So we got an email from the London office saying that our request to extend my husband's medical has been received, but that requests are not always successful. His medical expires next week. Our case notes from July show that medical passed and our relationship seems credible He's English, I'm Canadian. We had been living in NZ, but his NZ police check was underway in July according to our notes. We've requested our notes again last week, so we'll see if there's been any progress. We've been in Canada since March and I'm starting to think we need to take some action.

I know a lot of people have recommended contacting your MP after the 11 month mark (we're there!). Has anyone actually had any success doing this?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
The recommendation is to contact your MP after 11 months in London. Your application has not been in London for 11 months, so I'd wait. YOu know things are progressing because you have your notes, and there are tons of others before you who still haven't heard. You've ordered notes again so you'll get an update when you see those.

CIC has at least acknowledged your medicals. They will either ask you to go have new ones done, or they will choose to extend them. I've also seen some cases where they are jsut about ready to issue COPR, so they'll just extend medicals for 2 months so that you have time to land without having to get new ones done.

So my suggestion is to wait to see what they say about your medicals, and wait to see what your notes say. YOu are still within processing time, and if you've lived in other countries that tends to take longer since there are more checks required, as your notes have pointed out.

Wait utnil your application hits 11 months IN LONDON before you contact your MP.

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
Quick update:

Received request for the photos, updated info chart and photocopy of passport by email today. Have already mailed these off to Ottawa.

Ecas had updated to 'decision made' over a week ago, so I had been hoping that COPR was already on its way but I guess not. If there's one thing we're all used to it's waiting a bit longer :p

Also, for the spreadsheet, my location is Vancouver, BC.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
berket said:
Hi guys,

I received an email from London visa office asking for some information.

My question is can I reply to the email or do I have to write to them?

Thanks
Please stop asking the same question in 500 places. YOu asked it in another thread where you received answers from both me and another poster, and you PMd me with the same question. Please stop.

srfheat - updated, thanks!