+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Well, based on what they requested you to ring, the evidence for that was clearly not sufficient for them. So get that ready, and as long as you don't have gaps or if your relationship is not genuine, there is nothing to worry about.
Are you a transfer from Islamabad? I haven't seen Anybody on this thread getting an interview before. You must have left out a lot of information in your application.

No hes from the U.k.but made a mistake on his schedule A background check.I think this is why they are asking for the interview . I went for an interview but that was 29 years ago. Had one person in the room with me and just asked me question of why i wanted to come to Canada .I really don't know what it would be like today .

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
EagleMan said:
I got remedical request last thursday, after how many days of this request does your ecas change into in process?
Impossible to say whether that will prompt a change to In Process or not, ECAS is not reliable that way. Just to get the medical done and then sit tight!

qtazngal said:
Many thanks Rcohen for your reply which gave me clarity. Will keep them safe.
+1 for this! Great advice from rhcohen. :) Congratulations, glad you FINALLY have COPR in hand!

romanlaughclinic said:
Here goes

-Date application received in Mississauga
2014-07-28
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
Married
-Date of sponsor approval
2014-09-22
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application
CPC Mississauga
-In process on ECAS
2014-10-07
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
Visa Exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant
Belfast, N. Ireland
-Notes
Meds Received
Updated, thank you!

Gatawa04 said:
hi all

Finally got some movenment from the LVO, got an email on 17/10/2014 and i have been asked to attend an interview in three weeks time.
this is the email:

Address of interview:
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London , W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
You must arrive 15 minutes early.
You must confirm your attendance to the scheduled interview date. Please send an e-mail with the subject ‘PUP Interview Confirmation' to london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca.
Documents required for interview:
2 forms of photo ID
Proof of development of relationship
Proof of continued contact with your sponsor
Updated forms which are available on our website:
Schedule A/Background Declaration form for yourself
Additional Family Information form IMM5406 for yourself

You must bring with you all ORIGINAL documents , translated into English or French, which apply to your file. Translations must be certified. Original documents will be returned to you when your case is concluded.

a couple of questions,
1. Checked online its still says application recieved, medical results recieved
2. I sent them a case specific enquiry on the 08/10/2014 informing of change of address and online it still shows my old addresss.
3. i requested GCSM notes end of August and i still havent recieved them.

Has anyone been asked to an interview, if there is what is the process and what can i expect

any help will be appreciated.
Very odd that you have been requested an interview, but chances are there are some inconsistencies in your file that they need to actually discuss as opposed to just asking for additional evidence. The mistakes in your application that you mentioned in your other post probably have contributed to that.

What is your location, and which visa office is processing your Phase 2 (it will say on your sponsor approval letter/email - we are tracking that on the spreadsheet). Very few people have had an interview requested, but chances are they are just going to go over more of the detail from your application and look for inconsistencies. Some people have just had a simple few questions, and others have been asked more things in detail.

I'm not sure if you are the sponsor or the PA, but it looks far better for the interview if both of you are present. Keep us updated...

---

I think I caught all the updates, if I've forgotten anything please post again - occasionally posts are missed, so just post a second time if it appears you've been overlooked! Thanks!

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
Hey everyone! quick question
For the additional docs request - can I send it to the courier address, even though it lists it to send to the PO address??
Thanks very much!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
SA received, being processed in Mississauga.

I then received an email looking for my marriage certificate will forward to Mississauga- seems strange they are looking for another copy as they would have needed this to complete sponsorship section.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PF said:
SA received, being processed in Mississauga.

I then received an email looking for my marriage certificate will forward to Mississauga- seems strange they are looking for another copy as they would have needed this to complete sponsorship section.
Congrats! Glad you got that through! It's not strange for them to ask for the marriage certificate, they often want a copy of the official one, so just get it sent. :)

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Fantastic news! Don't forget to let us know when you get COPR in the post. Ottawa and Mississauga certainly seem to be pretty swift in getting things up and running, so that's great news! Congratulations!
Hi SchnookoLoly,

If I may take you up on your offer to answers more questions from me.

I can see from the spreadsheet that people get their COPR at very different times in the post (it seems to take anything from a week to almost 2 months!) do you know what is that due to?
Also, once we get the COPR, what happens then? Assuming the decision is a positive one, can we just pick up our things and go anytime or are there any other processes to follow?!

Thank you so much!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Green5 said:
Hi SchnookoLoly,

If I may take you up on your offer to answers more questions from me.

I can see from the spreadsheet that people get their COPR at very different times in the post (it seems to take anything from a week to almost 2 months!) do you know what is that due to?
Also, once we get the COPR, what happens then? Assuming the decision is a positive one, can we just pick up our things and go anytime or are there any other processes to follow?!

Thank you so much!!
No idea what it's due to, could be sometimes that they don't put it in the post for a week, and others it just depends on the mail delivery service. A handful have had to been reissued.

COPR will have an expiry date on it, you have to cross the Canadian border before that date. Once you've landed, you can move whenever. Read this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
COPR will have an expiry date on it, you have to cross the Canadian border before that date. Once you've landed, you can move whenever. Read this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada
Great and thanks! so basically as soon as the COPR is in our hands we can go (if it's positive of course!).

I'll read some info on that other link you've shared with me, I am sure it will be useful to us as well!

Thank you!

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Very odd that you have been requested an interview, but chances are there are some inconsistencies in your file that they need to actually discuss as opposed to just asking for additional evidence. The mistakes in your application that you mentioned in your other post probably have contributed to that.

What is your location, and which visa office is processing your Phase 2 (it will say on your sponsor approval letter/email - we are tracking that on the spreadsheet). Very few people have had an interview requested, but chances are they are just going to go over more of the detail from your application and look for inconsistencies. Some people have just had a simple few questions, and others have been asked more things in detail.

I'm not sure if you are the sponsor or the PA, but it looks far better for the interview if both of you are present. Keep us updated...

---

I think I caught all the updates, if I've forgotten anything please post again - occasionally posts are missed, so just post a second time if it appears you've been overlooked! Thanks!
My wife is the sponsor and i have just moved to Cardiff. Visa office has been London. Unfortunately my wife was here two weeks ago and we dont know if she can make it back for the interview.

i did make a mistake on the Shedule A Background Declaration question 6, and also on the Additional Family information, my mother's birthday is different from the one on Schedule A, which was a typing error because i filled the forms online instead of handwriting.

i dont know whether to worry or to be hopeful seeing as i will get a chance to explain the mistakes.i was just wondering if it has happened where an interview has been scheduled and the decision has been negative.

i guess i will know in three weeks time.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Gatawa04 said:
My wife is the sponsor and i have just moved to Cardiff. Visa office has been London. Unfortunately my wife was here two weeks ago and we dont know if she can make it back for the interview.

i did make a mistake on the Shedule A Background Declaration question 6, and also on the Additional Family information, my mother's birthday is different from the one on Schedule A, which was a typing error because i filled the forms online instead of handwriting.

i dont know whether to worry or to be hopeful seeing as i will get a chance to explain the mistakes.i was just wondering if it has happened where an interview has been scheduled and the decision has been negative.

i guess i will know in three weeks time.
I would suspect it is due to your mistake on Schedule A question 6. That is a very important question and depending on which one you made a mistake on I worry you could be excluded for misrepsentation

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
OMG I missed it was Question 6 you made a mistaken on... yeah, serious big deal there.

If I can ask, which part specifically did you make a mistake on, and what steps have been taken to correct it? Did you realise the mistake and send a correction, or have they contacted you with regard to it?

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Congrats! Glad you got that through! It's not strange for them to ask for the marriage certificate, they often want a copy of the official one, so just get it sent. :)
Thank you. i submitted the long form version of the Ontario Certificate , should I sent long form again?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Honestly I'm not sure, hopefully someone else can weigh in here. Also search on BritishExpats to see if anyone else has asked the same question. :)

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
OMG I missed it was Question 6 you made a mistaken on... yeah, serious big deal there.

If I can ask, which part specifically did you make a mistake on, and what steps have been taken to correct it? Did you realise the mistake and send a correction, or have they contacted you with regard to it?
the question is 6.j
when i sent my police certificate it came up as No Live Trace and they asked me to explain what that was about, and i did that in 08 May 2014.i am aware that it could be taken as misrepresentation and i am hoping its not going to go down that road. anyway i cant chnage whats done is done i have to hope for the best.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Gatawa04 said:
the question is 6.j
when i sent my police certificate it came up as No Live Trace and they asked me to explain what that was about, and i did that in 08 May 2014.i am aware that it could be taken as misrepresentation and i am hoping its not going to go down that road. anyway i cant chnage whats done is done i have to hope for the best.
I really will hope for the best and hope you are able to explain it. Please keep us posted.