+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
dan888 said:
Please update us, today received request for copy Bio Page from Passport, Updated Information page and photos! Will be sent recorded delivery to London today!

Thanks
Didn't you receive your passport request 5 days ago? Or did you receive it again today? I'm confused.

hgauhar said:
Hello
please update my information in spreadsheet:

name: hgauhar
application sent:25-May-2014
Sponsorship approval recieved: 28-August-2014
Medicals recieved:11-July-2014
Processing Office:London
Relationship status: Married
Added, thanks! :)

Green5 said:
Thank you, you've always been really supportive and it's incredibly appreciated. My mom is now in hospital (not going very well) so she'll be quite happy to know that we will soon-ish be on our way.

I will definitely keep on updating you, all this info is so useful to everyone. I suppose that the COPR refers to the confirmation or permanent residence? (So that letter we'll get in the post which according to another person on the forum disappointingly comes in a normal brown enveloppe with no glitter nothing!?)

Thanks for having updated us as well on the spread sheet!
I hope all goes okay with your mom, good luck and sending happy thoughts. She will certainly be pleased to know you'll be back in Canada soon!

COPR is the COnfirmation of Permanent Residence, yes. It comes via the post and is a signed-for delivery, so keep an eye out for a delivery attempt slip as well. And no, no glitter. :p Just a big piece of paper with your name on it. That's the paper you take to the border along with things like your goods to follow and such to do your landing. Any questions, give a shout! :)

dan888

Sep 2, 2014
Sorry I'm not clear 'Decision Made' was on the 10th Oct 2014 on ECAS, we received Email today for final info (passport copy, updated info, pics etc) 15th October 2014, which should land in London tomorrow.

Just hope for COPR now ASAP.

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
dan888 said:
Sorry I'm not clear 'Decision Made' was on the 10th Oct 2014 on ECAS, we received Email today for final info (passport copy, updated info, pics etc) 15th October 2014, which should land in London tomorrow.

Just hope for COPR now ASAP.

Thanks
Ahhhhh okay! That makes more sense. So yeah, you're good to go. They often do Decision Made and just ask for a new passport copy to issue it, so you're good to go! Congrats again!

steadyriot

Oct 6, 2014
Sorry I am clueless with forums but I requested to be added to the spreadsheet on Oct 6th and then sent a DM to Schnookololy on the 9th but both seem to have been missed (I probably messed something up)

Could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Let me know if I've missed anything, but for now:

App received in Mississauga: Feb 19
Sponsor approval: Mar 25
In process: Oct 2
Common law
London office
Living in Vancouver, BC
Visa exempt

(Medical and payments all done up front)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
steadyriot said:
Sorry I am clueless with forums but I requested to be added to the spreadsheet on Oct 6th and then sent a DM to Schnookololy on the 9th but both seem to have been missed (I probably messed something up)

Could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Let me know if I've missed anything, but for now:

App received in Mississauga: Feb 19
Sponsor approval: Mar 25
In process: Oct 2
Common law
London office
Living in Vancouver, BC
Visa exempt

(Medical and payments all done up front)
Whoops, looks like I missed your earlier post, sorry about that. DMs I don't think you can send until you have more posts.

In any case, I've added you now!

steadyriot

Oct 6, 2014
So I was super excited to be 'In Process' but just got an email today saying I need to submit 'Original Police Certificates from RCMP' and to allow *4 months* for them to review once it's been received... I really hope it won't be that long...

I was hoping it was in error as doesn't look like anyone else in 2014 has been asked for one, but about 3 from the 2013 spreadsheet got this request.

I thought maybe my UK Police Certificate had expired but looks like it still has 2 months on it...

The only other time CIC got in contact was back in March, when they decided to give me a heart attack by informing me that our application was 'incomplete', missing ALL of the supporting evidence. It took them 10 days to advise that the email was sent in error (gee thanks).

Not feeling hugely confident in CIC right now, but unless anyone else has had this message and it turned out to be in error, I guess I just need to suck it up and throw more money and time at this application? Really felt like the end was in sight when we went 'In Process' :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
steadyriot said:
So I was super excited to be 'In Process' but just got an email today saying I need to submit 'Original Police Certificates from RCMP' and to allow *4 months* for them to review once it's been received... I really hope it won't be that long...

I was hoping it was in error as doesn't look like anyone else in 2014 has been asked for one, but about 3 from the 2013 spreadsheet got this request.

I thought maybe my UK Police Certificate had expired but looks like it still has 2 months on it...

The only other time CIC got in contact was back in March, when they decided to give me a heart attack by informing me that our application was 'incomplete', missing ALL of the supporting evidence. It took them 10 days to advise that the email was sent in error (gee thanks).

Not feeling hugely confident in CIC right now, but unless anyone else has had this message and it turned out to be in error, I guess I just need to suck it up and throw more money and time at this application? Really felt like the end was in sight when we went 'In Process' :(
The RCMP is a pain, but there's nothing you can do about it. What's probably happened is that you share the same name and DOB as someone in the Canadian criminal system, so they need an additional police check to make sure you aren't that person. The RCMP check involves fingerprints, so they know for sure that you are not the person being flagged up on their file. It does cause a small delay, but not a terrible one. You can see how the processing times for the 2013 people who had requests for RCMP checks varied.

Just go get it done and sit tight. :)

steadyriot

Oct 6, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
The RCMP is a pain, but there's nothing you can do about it. What's probably happened is that you share the same name and DOB as someone in the Canadian criminal system, so they need an additional police check to make sure you aren't that person. The RCMP check involves fingerprints, so they know for sure that you are not the person being flagged up on their file. It does cause a small delay, but not a terrible one. You can see how the processing times for the 2013 people who had requests for RCMP checks varied.

Just go get it done and sit tight. :)
Thanks SchnookoLoly! You're right, it doesn't seem to have added a huge delay to the 2013 folk. I feel less panicked now!

Haven't been able to work since May so all I have is time, right :)

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Hey all,

So I am now living in BC as a permanent resident. I went to take out car insurance recently and was told my driving experience and clean driving record from the UK would not count for any premium discounts here unless I get a letter from my previous insurance company to state that I had a clean record etc. My problem is in the UK I have jumped around from one insurer to another every year. Does this mean I will have to contact each insurance company and get them to write a letter for every year I had a clean record / no at fault accidents? Or can the DVLA provide a letter to confirm this since I have been driving?

Cheers

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
dj322 said:
Hey all,

So I am now living in BC as a permanent resident. I went to take out car insurance recently and was told my driving experience and clean driving record from the UK would not count for any premium discounts here unless I get a letter from my previous insurance company to state that I had a clean record etc. My problem is in the UK I have jumped around from one insurer to another every year. Does this mean I will have to contact each insurance company and get them to write a letter for every year I had a clean record / no at fault accidents? Or can the DVLA provide a letter to confirm this since I have been driving?

Cheers
I'd suggest posting this in the main Canada section, or pop over to British Expats to post, this is a pretty common question - http://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
dj322 said:
Hey all,

Cheers
You only need a letter from your most recent insurer stating your no claims discount and your clean record
It needs to be on headed paper

It's the same in Alberta, which is where I am

spears

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone!

I am a UK citizen and my wife is Canadian. We submitted an application for spousal sponsored permanent residency which was received by the London office in November 2013. We sought the advice of an immigration lawyer who confirmed that our application was complete on submission.

The CIC website indicates only 'Application Received' and it has now been pending for 11 months. Is there anyone else out there with an application pending this long? Does anyone know how accurate London's published '11 month' processing time is?

It would be great to hear that we are not alone.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
spears said:
Hi everyone!

I am a UK citizen and my wife is Canadian. We submitted an application for spousal sponsored permanent residency which was received by the London office in November 2013. We sought the advice of an immigration lawyer who confirmed that our application was complete on submission.

The CIC website indicates only 'Application Received' and it has now been pending for 11 months. Is there anyone else out there with an application pending this long? Does anyone know how accurate London's published '11 month' processing time is?

It would be great to hear that we are not alone.
Spreadsheet showing timelines is linked in my signature.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spears said:

Hi

Is Nov 2013 when you initially submitted your app or is that when you received sponsorship approval?

The 11 month processing time is how long it took London to process 80% of apps. The average through London is about 7 months.

You can see if your MP will inquire on your behalf, as they get a response pretty quick.