+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Somebody said waiting for CoPR to arrive is as hard as waiting for decision made. Instead of checking ecas several times a day I think the mailman is here every time I hear a noise close to the door. I actually worked from home today thinking it would come. Lol

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
taffy7 said:
I am just looking at your timeline at the side, just wondering when you say Aor do you mean sponsorship or did you actually get an AOR. how did you know when your file was transferred to London or where they done here in Mississauga? Congratulations !!!
That was the day I got told my husband had been accepted as a sponsor. My husband was sent an email with a letter attached which explained he had been accepted and that our application had been sent to London. Then I received an email a few weeks later from London saying they needed extra documents to issue my visa so thats how I knew it was in London :)

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
We have moved to "in process" on ecas today. Apparently they started processing ours Sept 26th. :)

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
Becki567 said:
Updated! Hope you find a good flight. We have been looking at various flights and depending on where in Canada you are flying to you, you might want to try Iceland Air, or Canadian Affair
Thankyou for the information! I usually fly with either British Airways or Air Canada, since I fly from Newcastle and have a change over at Heathrow. I'll be flying to Toronto then connecting to Winnipeg after that.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Somebody said waiting for CoPR to arrive is as hard as waiting for decision made. Instead of checking ecas several times a day I think the mailman is here every time I hear a noise close to the door. I actually worked from home today thinking it would come. Lol

:D :D :D

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
Hi all ad congrats to the few of you who had your status changed to 'in process' - that's great news! Maybe things are starting to move finally?

I was wondering if it would be worth creating a thread for the people who are having their documents processed via Ottawa (like us..). Although we are in the UK somehow our file is apparently being processed in Ottawa.

Would it be helpful or would it be a duplication of efforts with this page as well?

Thanks!

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
my case refused due to following reason:

133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor
(g) subject to paragraph 137 (c) is not in default of
(i) any undertaking

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Green5 said:
Hi all ad congrats to the few of you who had your status changed to 'in process' - that's great news! Maybe things are starting to move finally?

I was wondering if it would be worth creating a thread for the people who are having their documents processed via Ottawa (like us..). Although we are in the UK somehow our file is apparently being processed in Ottawa.

Would it be helpful or would it be a duplication of efforts with this page as well?

Thanks!
It would duplicate. I already have enough of a job keeping track of updates for the spreadsheet as it is!

Ukcan1988

Feb 6, 2014
We have finally heard from the London office and are beyond ecstatic!

The e-mail:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing.

Please submitt the following within 30 days;

A copy of passport bio data page.

2 passport photographs.

Kind regards,
REO

Is this the equivalent of being 'In Process' on CIC website? We are still showing as 'Application received' but I understand from other feedback that this doesn't always change. Hoping we could have our visa back in a month but I'm holding my breath for the moment!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Ukcan1988 said:
We have finally heard from the London office and are beyond ecstatic!

The e-mail:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has reached the final stage of processing.

Please submitt the following within 30 days;

A copy of passport bio data page.

2 passport photographs.

Kind regards,
REO

Is this the equivalent of being 'In Process' on CIC website? We are still showing as 'Application received' but I understand from other feedback that this doesn't always change. Hoping we could have our visa back in a month but I'm holding my breath for the moment!!
Congrats! PPR is pretty well the equivalent of decision made! They only request your passport (and particularly the biodata page) when they are ready to issue COPR; the new photos is likely because the ones you sent are now outdated, or close to being outdated, so they'll put your new ones on your COPR instead, hence asking for two.

Updated you... congrats! :D

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
It would duplicate. I already have enough of a job keeping track of updates for the spreadsheet as it is!
No probs at all - just wondered if it would help but if not then fine - and you are doing an excellent job at keeping your spreadsheet in order so thank you SO much for that!! its amazing.

Is it me or things seems to be moving more since a few days for a few people!?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Green5 said:
No probs at all - just wondered if it would help but if not then fine - and you are doing an excellent job at keeping your spreadsheet in order so thank you SO much for that!! its amazing.

Is it me or things seems to be moving more since a few days for a few people!?
It's just easier to have it all in the same place. :) Everyone is applying via London, at least originally, so if someone gets SA and then sees their application is in Ottawa, then they won't post here, which means no spreadsheet for them... and it's too tough to try to track down where everyone is posting their updates. So this is just a lot simpler.

And yes, a few DMs and such have come through this week... average processing time is now up at about 8-9 months, though, which is not unexpected.

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
if someone gets SA and then sees their application is in Ottawa, then they won't post here, which means no spreadsheet for them...
Ok, but this is why I was suggesting to create a new thread (I would do that!) and spreasheet for people who are having their application processed in Ottawa. Because this would at least help me as well better understand the trends there. (I am happy to share the info with you when ever it concerns UK outland applications.

Would this not be helpful?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I don't think people are that confused considering the front page isn't filled with people posting with "I requested London, but my application has gone to Ottawa!". The handful that HAVE asked that question have posted in here. So it's just easier to have it in one place.

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
I don't think people are that confused considering the front page isn't filled with people posting with "I requested London, but my application has gone to Ottawa!". The handful that HAVE asked that question have posted in here. So it's just easier to have it in one place.
Hi, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing :( or maybe I am not being very clear. Did you not say that if people's papers are being processed in Ottawa then they will not post here and therefore they will not be in the spreadsheet? If that is the case, they are not being kept in a same place as they are not being registered at all.
If I understood that correctly, then maybe creating a separate thread for that specific group would help people belonging to this group?!
Or are you saying that we are so few of us in that group that it's not worth doing this? (sorry..... really don't mean to be argumentative at all I just am not sure I got you properly!).