+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
CanadianInUK said:
For some reason we decided not to pay our RPRF upfront...regretting that now!

I want to just pay it so they don't have to request. It looks like it's ok to pay online as usual, and then send the receipt to Mississauga? Am I correct that I don't need to send anything to London, even though my application is now there?

Thanks for your help!
Yes! That's what I did

I didn't pay upfront either, just right your file number note envelope as well as the receipt

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
CanadianInUK said:
For some reason we decided not to pay our RPRF upfront...regretting that now!

I want to just pay it so they don't have to request. It looks like it's ok to pay online as usual, and then send the receipt to Mississauga? Am I correct that I don't need to send anything to London, even though my application is now there?

Thanks for your help!
If I were you, I'd also send a copy of the receipt to the LVO. I also paid afterwards, before any requests, and when I later on in an unrelated email to LVO asked also if they received the payment, they asked me to scan the receipt to them as well. Even though later on I checked on GCMS notes that they had marked it as paid back in June when I paid it, perhaps they didn't notify the payment without request to the LVO.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,
My medical exam expires in October and my application is still in process. Even if I get my DM before my medical exam expires, I still cannot make it to land in Canada in October.

So I need to extend my medical exam! How can I do this? Should I send an email to LVO and ask them for extension?

Thank you!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
saeedar said:
Hi,
My medical exam expires in October and my application is still in process. Even if I get my DM before my medical exam expires, I still cannot make it to land in Canada in October.

So I need to extend my medical exam! How can I do this? Should I send an email to LVO and ask them for extension?

Thank you!
Yes you can send them an email and ask

Although sometimes they will ask you to fully redo your Medicals, it depends on how close to completion your application is I believe

sherri

May 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga / London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-06-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
I am feeling a bit frustrated and discouraged about the London UK vs. Mississauga ON office. Do I understand correctly: some applications (that should go to London, UK) are being kept in Mississauga ON for the Applicant portion of the PR application? And these are only taking a few months to be processed? And the London office has too many cases at the moment so those sent to London, UK will have a longer wait?! This is so disappointing.

I read the comments about the 'straight forward' staying in Mississauga, ON. That is disappointing as well, I made sure our case was 100% complete, we are a completely legitimate couple and have all the items requested to prove it. Yet our application was sent to London, UK.

Hoping someone has some insight, some encouragement or something nice to say. I know it is a long and important process, I am impatiently waiting for some results or contact from CIC.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
sherri said:
I am feeling a bit frustrated and discouraged about the London UK vs. Mississauga ON office. Do I understand correctly: some applications (that should go to London, UK) are being kept in Mississauga ON for the Applicant portion of the PR application? And these are only taking a few months to be processed? And the London office has too many cases at the moment so those sent to London, UK will have a longer wait?! This is so disappointing.

I read the comments about the 'straight forward' staying in Mississauga, ON. That is disappointing as well, I made sure our case was 100% complete, we are a completely legitimate couple and have all the items requested to prove it. Yet our application was sent to London, UK.

Hoping someone has some insight, some encouragement or something nice to say. I know it is a long and important process, I am impatiently waiting for some results or contact from CIC.
Don't worry Sherri, the fastest application to go through recently which Kalexandra posted was through London. It seems just pot luck with who seems to go faster, I think everyone was just guessing why certain applications are staying in Mississauga or going to Ottawa. In a few months time when you've got your feet up as a PR you'll be thinking...what was all the stress about!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
brucem said:
Don't worry Sherri, the fastest application to go through recently which Kalexandra posted was through London. It seems just pot luck with who seems to go faster, I think everyone was just guessing why certain applications are staying in Mississauga or going to Ottawa. In a few months time when you've got your feet up as a PR you'll be thinking...what was all the stress about!
Yes I agree with Brucem, I think London is just really busy and some are being dealt with elsewhere to help with the work load... I don't think the 'straight forward' cases are being singled out - but this is just my opinion who really knows what is going on with CIC

The have been some really quick cases through Mississauga but also through London aswell, processing times are really inconsistent but if you have a straight forward app you have nothing to worry about!

Good luck :)

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sherri said:

Hey,

I did not apply to London (I sent mine to Paris) but it seems Sydney, London and Paris are forwarding some of their files to Ott-Miss (including mine). I called CIC (as did many of the others who have encountered this) and CIC confirmed that straightforward-uncomplicated cases get sent to Ott-Miss - so that is probably the truth.

That having been said, no one seems to know what the criterias are for how they filter applications (we can speculate all we want, but to my knowledge they haven't stated how they do it)

I don't think it necessarily means your case has problems, or maybe it was "accidentally" sent to London when they would have otherwise sent it to Ontario. On another board a Paris applicant applied shortly before I did and has already received their PR from Paris VO - my file was sent to Ottawa (the "fast" office) and I have only received SA (still waiting for CSQ) and my application is still listed as "received" and "medical received". So I don't think it's an indication of the time frame. If your file is complete and you have no doubt, chances are London or Ontario - it probably won't change much in timeframe. CIC doesn't seem very constant in their way of doing things - although they seem to be moving relatively fast (for the most part).

Chances are it will be speedy, so don't fret!! Good Luck!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Griffintown said:
Hey,

I did not apply to London (I sent mine to Paris) but it seems Sydney, London and Paris are forwarding some of their files to Ott-Miss (including mine). I called CIC (as did many of the others who have encountered this) and CIC confirmed that straightforward-uncomplicated cases get sent to Ott-Miss - so that is probably the truth.

That having been said, no one seems to know what the criterias are for how they filter applications (we can speculate all we want, but to my knowledge they haven't stated how they do it)

I don't think it necessarily means your case has problems, or maybe it was "accidentally" sent to London when they would have otherwise sent it to Ontario. On another board a Paris applicant applied shortly before I did and has already received their PR from Paris VO - my file was sent to Ottawa (the "fast" office) and I have only received SA (still waiting for CSQ) and my application is still listed as "received" and "medical received". So I don't think it's an indication of the time frame. If your file is complete and you have no doubt, chances are London or Ontario - it probably won't change much in timeframe. CIC doesn't seem very constant in their way of doing things - although they seem to be moving relatively fast (for the most part).

Chances are it will be speedy, so don't fret!! Good Luck!
Oh well thanks for that Griffintown I suppose that's a bit of clarity. My only other theory was that applications that didn't fall under the COPR criteria might be shipped to Miss/Ott. Anyway it's all guess work, we'll all just hang in there together and hope for a speedy process!

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
GISGeek said:
Mine application was received on August 8th, only came to know yesterday that since Aug 1st they have issued new IMM1344, now waiting to get their request for new form to send them.
not only 1344 but also IMM0008 06-2014.
they might not ask you IMM0008 06-2014 now but later they'll ask for it. so its better to send that with iMM1344.

Thanks

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
Salar123 said:
not only 1344 but also IMM0008 06-2014.
they might not ask you IMM0008 06-2014 now but later they'll ask for it. so its better to send that with iMM1344.

Thanks
I started the application filling process since May, 2014 and in July came to know that they have changed some of the forms so filled new ones. I am pretty much sure I filled the new IMM0008 form as well, but can't say 100% sure because my desktop computers is down where I have saved filled forms and scanned copies of docs. Moreover, in the second letter which was exclusively addressed to me had only IMM1344 highlighted, so I have sent that form only.

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
Just a quick question for those people who have received their copr in the post!
Was it posted through your letter box or did you have to sign for it?

Im waiting for mine and I'm just wondering how it will be delivered.
Thankyou :)

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
My application is one being kept in Mississauga for stage 2.

It seems a couple of people have spoken to a cic agent who has suggested 'straightforward' cases are being retained. All I can say is with our application it is CL with no dependants involved, no prior marriages/undertakings, residential address is within Canada (as opposed to one or both of us living abroad), plus I also had a UCI/file from my IEC/visitor status application days.

The SA letter did mention that the application potentially could go to the VO abroad "if local knowledge is required."

Hope that helps.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
srfheat said:
My application is one being kept in Mississauga for stage 2.

It seems a couple of people have spoken to a cic agent who has suggested 'straightforward' cases are being retained. All I can say is with our application it is CL with no dependants involved, no prior marriages/undertakings, residential address is within Canada (as opposed to one or both of us living abroad), plus I also had a UCI/file from my IEC/visitor status application days.

The SA letter did mention that the application potentially could go to the VO abroad "if local knowledge is required."

Hope that helps.

Hey just wondering,did you guys also do your medical and background check upfront?wondering if that also plays a factor?

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
KarlR said:
Hey just wondering,did you guys also do your medical and background check upfront?wondering if that also plays a factor?
Yes, I completed medical upfront and also paid all fees upfront too.

Good point, should have mentioned that in my post.