+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
brucem said:
Make that three we just SA today and our application has also been sent to Ottawa I noticed that on the email address provided the word 'pilot' is included so I wonder whether this is something they are trying to speed things up.

Could we be added to the spreadsheet....

Application received 11th July
Married
Meds done 26/6/14
SA received 22nd August
City: Edinburgh

Thanks!
Hopefully a way of dealing with the (made-up-in-my-head-due-to-frustration) backlog at LVO

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Graihn said:
Hopefully a way of dealing with the (made-up-in-my-head-due-to-frustration) backlog at LVO
Hopefully it might speed everyone up a bit!

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
brucem said:
Make that three we just SA today and our application has also been sent to Ottawa I noticed that on the email address provided the word 'pilot' is included so I wonder whether this is something they are trying to speed things up.

Could we be added to the spreadsheet....

Application received 11th July
Married
Meds done 26/6/14
SA received 22nd August
City: Edinburgh

Thanks!
Glad to see someone else going through this! So it must not be a mistake, and hopefully it makes the process faster! Fingers crossed! And I'm happy to see someone else from Edinburgh! By any chance are you or your partner in the UK on a working visa that is due to expire in the near future? KarlR and I are both in that situation and I am just wondering if that is the trend with the Ottawa VO.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Sammyjolpp said:
Sorry I wasn't very clear - it's Peterborough, UK. It's been marked as Peterborough in Ontario on the spreadsheet.

Thanks
Oops! Fixed now. ;D

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
crdadams said:
Glad to see someone else going through this! So it must not be a mistake, and hopefully it makes the process faster! Fingers crossed! And I'm happy to see someone else from Edinburgh! By any chance are you or your partner in the UK on a working visa that is due to expire in the near future? KarlR and I are both in that situation and I am just wondering if that is the trend with the Ottawa VO.
Ah I didn't notice you were Edinburgh too! My other half isn't on the working visa we graduated from the working visa when we got married in 2009....to I think the spousal visa, then indefinite leave to remain until she finally got her British passport last year. Cost a fortune!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
For those applications being processed in Ottawa, we are going to keep you on the spreadsheet for now to help others that may be in the same situation and because we aren't exactly sure how much is being done by Ottawa vs London.

We will put in the note section that it was sent to Ottawa. If you do not see this is the notes please let us know so we can add it.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Becki567 said:
For those applications being processed in Ottawa, we are going to keep you on the spreadsheet for now to help others that may be in the same situation and because we aren't exactly sure how much is being done by Ottawa vs London.

We will put in the note section that it was sent to Ottawa. If you do not see this is the notes please let us know so we can add it.

Cool!thanks Becki!

ariesking

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
Nov-2013
File Transfer...
Nov-2013
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
April- 2015
Hi Guys,

Just received an email from London that they requested new Schedule A form, and asked me to sent it in 60 days and then they require 4 months to review it, does this mean that they are going to take another six months to request for passport?

My ECAS went into In Process on August 15th.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
ariesking said:
Hi Guys,

Just received an email from London that they requested new Schedule A form, and asked me to sent it in 60 days and then they require 4 months to review it, does this mean that they are going to take another six months to request for passport?

This is more likely a case where they will issue the CoPR as soon as they receive this document. Maybe others can shed some more light on the case.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
ariesking said:
Hi Guys,

My email said that when they requested my RPRF, it only 2 weeks then my status changed to DM

I don't think its going to take 6 months... probably more like 1 - 3 months, but its anyone's guess

ariesking

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
Nov-2013
File Transfer...
Nov-2013
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
April- 2015
Chevy23 said:
My email said that when they requested my RPRF, it only 2 weeks then my status changed to DM

I don't think its going to take 6 months... probably more like 1 - 3 months, but its anyone's guess
I would be happy with 1-3 than 6 months.

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

After reviewing the current spreadsheet I've noticed that no decisions have been made during the month of August -- In fact no decision has been made since July 14. Is there any reason for the delay? My wife and I have been patiently waiting to hear anything, however nothing has been done since I was accepted as a sponsor on April 3rd.

When I check my application status, the only thing written is that they have received my application & also received our medical results (medical wasn't requested but we sent it in anyways as a precaution). I also sent an email to the London Visa office with a copy of my wife's new British Passport & Visitor Record Extension and received confirmation a few days later that they had updated her file with the new documents.

Is there a logical system for when each application is reviewed (ie. first come, first serve) or is it totally random?

Thank you.

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
Shayreef said:
Hello,

After reviewing the current spreadsheet I've noticed that no decisions have been made during the month of August -- In fact no decision has been made since July 14. Is there any reason for the delay? My wife and I have been patiently waiting to hear anything, however nothing has been done since I was accepted as a sponsor on April 3rd.

When I check my application status, the only thing written is that they have received my application & also received our medical results (medical wasn't requested but we sent it in anyways as a precaution). I also sent an email to the London Visa office with a copy of my wife's new British Passport & Visitor Record Extension and received confirmation a few days later that they had updated her file with the new documents.

Is there a logical system for when each application is reviewed (ie. first come, first serve) or is it totally random?

Thank you.
There were a lot of DM during the July 15th acceptance batch, I haven't seen that many go through since the start of our own application. So many at once made me think they were doing a batch update to try and clear some of the backlog. I did notice that a bunch of us went into processing at the same time this month though.

For us, until it went into processing almost two weeks ago we hadn't had a single update on our file aside from the 'application is received, medicals are received' and I was approved as sponsor since we first applied (Nov last year). Depends on your case but if all things are as they should be, you may not hear from them until they either need something from you or they've moved your file into processing.

Note: I'm going through an immigration lawyer for my husband's visa and we have had one communication via them from the High Commission for an additional police check. We had to write a letter about getting it waved for various reasons and they haven't officially told us if it was or was not waived. They never updated our file to reflect this, at least not on ECAS.

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
Hey guys! to everyone who's application went to Ottawa, KarlR and I recieved an email today saying this:

"Effective May 1, 2014, processing of certain family class permanent residence (PR) applications for a spouse (FC1) or common-law partner (FCC) residing overseas will be centralized in Canada. The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will triage FC1 and FCC applications based on defined criteria for in-Canada processing. All other applications will continue to be processed at the appropriate visa office.

Therefore, it is not an error – your application will be processed here in Ottawa unless the Visa Officer refers it to the Visa Office overseas.

Kind regards,"

So, it doesn't really say the exact reason why they sent it to Ottawa or whether it's for workflow reasons, just certain applications residing overseas. But at least it's not a mistake! good luck to everyone else! Oh if anyone else is wondering too, it took them a week the email us back.